• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
lol what the freak is wrong with you guys. Need to let it all out tomorrow with some smash. Looking forward to it. Less ppl means I'll be able to get some games in with Moogz/Devil/X/Jei Jei and stuff.

_X_

Smash Lord
lol what the freak is wrong with you guys. Need to let it all out tomorrow with some smash. Looking forward to it. Less ppl means I'll be able to get some games in with Moogz/Devil/X/Jei Jei and stuff.
**** right!

It'll be tight as.

Yo we need another member for our crew, that is:

X (me), Devil and IceK

Downsmashers need not apply as we already have an avid one.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well im not gonna be there, so 9/10 of you will cry, i know dekar wont because he has no heart or feelings
also freddo, whats wrong with them is that theyre raged that im not going, too bad guys D: im so sorry lol

_X_

Smash Lord
Yo I hope everyone had a wicked time at the tourney', I know I did *WINK* ... >_>

T'was fun, although I did get fairly pwn'd through out the entire thing, HANGOVER JOHNS!!!

I'd love to hear some feedback on improving my game, as would IceK and Devil.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Singles

1: Freddo
2: Cobalt
3: Caotic
4: Mark
5: Dekar
5: Moogz
7: Forte
7: Eric
9: Ark
9: Blazey
9: JM
9: Ice K
13: Strider
13: Atticus
13: X
13: Myst
17: Sam
17: Riku
17: Devil
17: Nathan
17: Unlucky XIII
17: Will
17: Jei Jei
17: Tak

Teams

1: Mark + Caotic
2: Jei Jei + Eric
3: Freddo + Cobalt
4: Strider + Atticus
5: Dekar + UnluckyXIII
5: Ark + Moogz
7: X + Devil
7: Forte + IceK
9: JM + Nathan
9: Myst + Blazey
13: Sam + Will
13: Tak + Riku

Will figure out ranbats later

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ahahahahahahahahaha guitar hero

i sucked this monthlie ='(
sooo low in singles yet so high in teams
good games to the ppl i played ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
awwwww, <3 uncuuute jei jei *pets head* its ok yoshi has his ups and downs. you were freaking tough in teams though... eric's ***** falco saw me as a free kill LOLZ

monthly wasnt that small. if 24 smashers = small then im satisfied haha

good games to everyone i played

sam+vincent (glen waverley chums) thanks for eating out twice - probably a bit much, wagamama blows box hill wins, but tea house = expensive ****, so lets go to box hill next monthly if im not in sydney

cobalt - close, tight intense sets we had eh? flaco ftl

eric - FFS, i hate flacos!!! >_<"

all other flacos - you suck, lol jkz

im off to work on versing falco - not pulling off cheap stuff as much - if i got that down id win LOL

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol Cao, Falco's sexy legs are too powerful for your spinny dress and vegetables then add in his splendid lazers and you have an instant win factor.

By the way where was Shazy ?, did he not attend the tournament ?

Also Mass Effect is soo kickass it's not funny, the problem is I haven't finished Corruption yet so now I have to choose to continue with sexy Samus or proceed with marvelous Mass Effect. Trying to play both will make me feel dizzy. :chuckle:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i didnt play peach i was ALL bowser. The Wolfenboozer is back.

oh, and super mario galaxy > all other games

freddo, when you get the chance upload your recorded set against ahmet :)

_X_

Smash Lord
Singles

1: Freddo
2: Cobalt
3: Caotic
4: Mark
5: Dekar
5: Moogz
7: Forte
7: Eric
9: Ark
9: Blazey
9: JM
9: Ice K
13: Strider
13: Atticus
13: X
13: Myst
17: Sam
17: Riku
17: Devil
17: Nathan
17: Unlucky XIII
17: Will
17: Jei Jei
17: Tak

The singles bracket was messed up all day, it came down to pen and paper. And how did IceK come 9th, Devil come 17th and I come 13th when we all won the same amount of matches? :dizzy::confused::ohwell:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Freddo destroys me. I destroy Cao. Cao destroys ...... bowsers life.
you destroy me? you need to be careful with what you say. you've got a lot to learn.

X, sam was running melty blood on his laptop - that explains the pen to paper. the brackets are correct, since there were some byes and forfeits in the mix. ill try and post the bracket a bit later for ya

_X_

Smash Lord
you destroy me? you need to be careful with what you say. you've got a lot to learn.

X, sam was running melty blood on his laptop - that explains the pen to paper. the brackets are correct, since there were some byes and forfeits in the mix. ill try and post the bracket a bit later for ya
Oh right, that does explain it... kinda.

If you could post that brackets that would be cool.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Yesterday was fun despite being in a state of delirium from lack of sleep =) I enjoyed my matches and had some close matches/friendlies. With the return of older veterans over the past few monthlies there are so many good falcos, ill have to pick up my game to match em =)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Cao i was only joking :). No need to get angry. Everyone knows you went easy on me. And besides u used bowser.

And of course I still have a lot to learn. Im still an amateur. I dont know how I got second place. This tourny was far too easy.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone. Was happy to finally play all the guys who I've never played before, except Devil. I could see that you were joking Cobalt, but still you deserve a lot of credit. I think you're an amazing player and I can't wait till you practise up and get real good.

Anyways, noticeable improvements go to Atticus and Moogz, though most improved player definitely goes to Strider by a long shot. Good work guys, keep it up.

I'll upload some vids soon of myself vs cobalt. They weren't the GF matches I don't think, or were they?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
No they weren't. Your falco completely destroyed mine in the GF anyways.

And wow I was watching Strider use Peach and he really has improved from the last time I played him which was in August.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Awesome work in teams, Strider - we really seemed to be on the same wavelength. :)

Freddo, my matches against you were abysmal on my part as usual lol. Your playstyle completely incapacitates me, I just can't match your speed yet.

And of course shortly thereafter foiled again by Dekar by the tiniest of margins. Crappy bracket john goes here. Sheik did better than Marth in some matches despite having never seriously practiced her until the night before, so I'll be putting in some effort to bring her to tournament readiness.

School's out, let's smash :D

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Thx Atticus, I think we really did good out there. For me, this was the first tournament I actually felt good about, and thus my favorite tournament yet! I'm really happy with how I went. Thanks for everyone that played me, I got a lot of experience and I can't wait for the next tournament and/or training session.
Speaking of trainin, Anyone up for anything this week?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
"Freddo destroys me. I destroy Cao."
LOL Victorian smashers and their oh so wrong opinions. This stacks nicely with the fact that I'm tipped as having a better standing nationally than within the state -_-''. Freddo also apparently feels as if Cobalt is the first and only one to be able to play the high tiers at a decent level? Sam is complaining about tasting his own medicine...**** Sam all I can say is you've placed higher than people with 3 wins with NO wins due to byes :p! On top of all of this....you lot STILL can't take down Oni *shakes head*
LOL I wuv you guys so very wrong but so very cuuuute.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Freddo also apparently feels as if Cobalt is the first and only one to be able to play the high tiers at a decent level?
Cobalt is really consistent with so many characters. I'm just giving credit where credit is due and handing out some compliments here. I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pah while i was off doing a lame *** induction, yous all had fun
saw atticus today and played on my new official tournament controller
http://www.wiikeyboard.com/img/gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg
man i played atticus in like 20+ shiek v falco matches and it was the shiz
but with all the matches i lost...
controller johns
just woke up johns
shiek is cheap johns
not used to ntsc johns
atticus is stupid johns
not trying johns
platform johns
the list goes on lol, but then if freddo says atticus got better, that means i must have tooooo! yaya for me!
also falco cheap? ssiiiffff falco is skills
also you know my g&w *****

ANYONE UP FOR A MEET SOMETIME THIS WEEK? I CAN HOST BUT MY HOUSE IS KINDA FAIL, ATTICUS'S HOUSE IS TOP TIER, PEER PRESSURE HIM INTO LETTING US GO THERE
its called sharing atticus <3

ps: im the official john master because my middle name is john <3

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Alright, looking forward to coming down for Boss Stage... even though I'll practically only be spectating. My Muse concert is over (and I'm poorer because of it) and this Thursday my website launches so I'll no longer be its slave.

Look forward to seeing you all in December for finale fun.

Also WTF @ No Ridley revealed for Brawl yet... or Falcon. Fail, Sakurai xD

freddo

Smash Journeyman
There still working on captain Falcon's Knee capabilities. Its very difficult to aim the knee, word from Nintendo is that the Knee has to increase in priority and range to make up for the great difficulty that was previously involved in using the knee.
This is my prediction, this is why Falcon has not been revealed, this is why when he will be revealed that he will no longer be known as Captain Falcon, but Captain Knee.

Just letting you know this is Snakebite, which is made highly obvious by the nature of the post.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Boss Stage Details

2007 RANBATS FINAL TALLY:
1. CAOTIC – 58 pts
2. Freddo - 54 pts
3. CATS – 44 pts
4. Markarse - 40 pts
5. MikulOnIce - 34 pts
6. Moogz – 34 pts
7. Dekar – 32 pts
8. Cronos Rainbow - 30 pts

Boss Stage Details ($140+ IN THE SMASH BANK!!):
- Singles = Seeded Pool Play
8 pools, top 2 players from each pool advance to a final top 16 seeded DE bracket. Top 8 Ranbat placements automatically qualify into the final bracket, meaning only 8 non-qualifiers can vie for final spots.
- Each person is to play every person from their pool in 2 matches only. Results should be a 2-0/1-1/0-2 for each matchup.
- For every set 1 stage strike is allowed.
All other rules for singles and teams apply.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
GGs all, turned out I failed my maths exam, so my parents got pissed and aren't letting me do sh**.

Boss Stage... :D

What's happening with the smash bank money??

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Had fun at stage IX despite the massive **** lol,

Next time we'll do friendlys for sure freddo

Huge improvment by forte since the last time i saw him,

BTW Cao you know i was gonna win that match everyone saw you running:laugh:, its so on next time lol.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Alright, looking forward to coming down for Boss Stage... even though I'll practically only be spectating. My Muse concert is over (and I'm poorer because of it) and this Thursday my website launches so I'll no longer be its slave.

Look forward to seeing you all in December for finale fun.

Also WTF @ No Ridley revealed for Brawl yet... or Falcon. Fail, Sakurai xD
How was the Muse concert? I've only gotten into the band recently But I really enjoy them. I've actually been listening to Falling Down on repeat for the past few hours.

I had a real blast at this monthly. Can't wait to get back into Smash properly and compete at my usual level with all the new guys that have come in during my absence.

Yo I hope everyone had a wicked time at the tourney', I know I did *WINK* ... >_>

T'was fun, although I did get fairly pwn'd through out the entire thing, HANGOVER JOHNS!!!

I'd love to hear some feedback on improving my game, as would IceK and Devil.
IceK: MOAR DOWNSMASH!
Devil: MOAR WOBBLEZING!
_X_: MOAR SHINE!

LOL you guys are ****in' awesome to FFA with. Hope to do it again at boss stage.

hero_link

Smash Cadet
OMG, marz you play as peach now? although im happy that you have at least 2 characters now, it's a 2nd main stand off. And............................ i hate to admit but im also happy for ya by getting this far eventhough your the shortest playing player in our crew.

OMG CAO where did you get those sprites???? just the picture alone makes me wanna cancel my flight to japan and run to Boss stage from the airport, GIMME GIMME!!!!! plz

edit: my email address Link_carlo@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom