• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a lot of falco mains floating around...

Knowing this, it kinda makes me want to main Jigglypuff.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
lotta space animals, and yer it's eady to up throw rst, gimp, whatever, but it works both ways. if you're not good enough, you get *****. i take smash anyone's mediocre jiggs with my less mediocre fox =p

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
Haha, it was fun. I played terribly, suicided lots and killed Atlas a few times too. Had lots of fun though. I think I better get in a teency bit more practice before the next one :p. Special thanks to everyone who played with me in friendlies, it was lots of fun (Special thanks to Atlas, Mikul and DJ Cats!).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hmm... on break until august... or we could just replace the brawl monthly with melee

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'll run a tournament

double elim
sets are best of 5
finals are best of 9 (inc losers finals)
no peach, no puff, no kongo jungle
oh wait no cao so peach is allowed =) hmm also puff is allowed but i won't play her myself

doubles same as above, PLUS mute city and FoD are allowed

warmup tourney is captain falcon only, random stages only, random stages set to pokefloats, mute city and yoshi's story only

=)

now, which tournament should have a $5 entry and a pot, teams or captain falcon warmup tourney?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If one of you people want to run the July Ranbat then you're more than welcome to.

In other news, the Couch Crew have secured hosting in both Manifest 2009 (Melbourne Showgrounds) and eGames (Melbourne Convention Center). I will be involved in this somehow, but exactly how remains to be seen :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
*reads thread title* wow igif, you should do something about all these people copying you, ilag... idef... whats next?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im going to convince atticus to host atticus cup v2 once his exams finish in like 2 weeks

there will be teams, singles, and falcon super special

falcon super special is a time match
5 minutes
no items
falcon only
mushroom kingdom 2

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
doesnt matter if you dont play melee much, youll still beat the crap people like dekar and cao
theyre so mediocre
i remember last time i played cao and dekar (2v1 with handycap)
i played pichu using b buttons only
would have been jv 5 stocked but i gain percentage for using thunder :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
fo sho bra, you're also helping me run the tourney chyeh?

also master hand is banned, although i see him as being low if not bottom tier, picking master hand ensures that the match will go for the maximum 7 minutes, and i think one of melee's main appeals is its speed. also it would be very discouraging for noobs to be beaten because they can't dodge master hand's attacks for 7 minutes.
so yeh, BANNED

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
No job, I didn't have enough experience, but the company is keeping a copy of my resume and if there's another position turning up they'll consider me for that position.

So what time next week for the melee training?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Next Ranbat is Sunday July 12.

Details on the first post - it's back in the Rosina.

I won't be here to run this, so you guys are all free to use the space however you like.

Have fun! :grin:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Read the thread title yall! Redcat's making you all his *****es this month. Should seriously try and run a Brawl+ tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom