• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll bring brawl, I don't have a wii.

And if the new guy doesnt bring a controller, he can use my spare. As long as he doesnt really need the Z button should be all good :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Leisha is this your last tournament before you are enveloped by NSW?

Doomshader1

Smash Rookie
that sounds awesome :) myself and my brother will be coming to the tournament on the 6th at 11:45am. and we will both bring our own controllers! so it was 5 dollars for solo brawl and 5 for teams?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
You'll have the tvs for them though right? usually never have the tvs..
i don't run the tournament :glare:

also you obviously didn't see in... whatever thread i posted this in, but i brought your controller home leisha

Dekar289

Smash Hero
@doom: yeah, $5 per person for brawl singles, with the money going towards a pot which is payed out to the people who finish 1st 2nd and 3rd
as for teams, it's usually free :)

Doomshader1

Smash Rookie
sounds awesome :) last tournament i went to was back at Melbourne University ages ago around 2008-09 which was posted on these forums. did alright back then soo decided i should give it a go again :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Yeah so like can people be Lots less lazy this time and bring setups/tv's?

like tbh we usually have an abundance of tv's and people always assume other people will bring setups.

This happens over and over again.

From now on brawlers will have to somehow finish earlier or i actually will end their tournament early. You should idk, maybe bring setups to stop brackets from taking 6 hours.

Not keen to stay around till like 9:30/10pm because youre stuck using 2 tvs the whole time or something.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm bringing the tvs I took home last tourney plus my wii.

Doom: brawl these days has about 15 entrants, melee brings in about 20 - 25. Brawl isnt as popular as it was when you last attended lol.

:phone:

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'll be coming to this, can probs bring a Wii/TV as usual.

Also I have a friend who is interested in coming, he plays Toon Link and doesnt afraid of anything.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's never your fault, leisha
it's always the entire melbourne brawl community's 'fault'
for not bringing setups and for not playing the good game :awesome:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Wow gunning for 4 brawl setups, huge. I'll bring my setup on the condition that it runs my brawl mod (Brawl Tournament Edition, check it out) and that you all love me etc...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
May be there, may only be there for doubles.
May not go?
I'll probs have bring a Wii until I leave, but may have to forsake my Cube this time.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
i agree with removing tripping, that's awesome because it's random

but the triple jump glitch is a ****ty, yet necessary part of the game. if you fix it, then it will slippery slope into other things, then slippery slope into balanced brawl.

Splice

Smash Hero
general good idea, some weird choices.

If you get rid of triple jump glitches then I'm definitely not using GaW anymore.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Triple Jump Glitch is back in.

There we go, it's now perfect, Brawl No Trip Edition.

Pezza: Yes it's NTSC, but now that I think I have the code section final I should be able to do a PAL version. I know file replacement and tripping codes have been ported to PAL, so the essentials of this mod are possible. I'll probably get a pal version out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom