• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Lol the least prepared I've been for a tourney, and i won haha

I'll try to play more seriously next time guys, promise (espc earl :))

Also castle seige is stupid; bring back picto :D

Might I request that vids don't go up until after acl?
I don't want brawl videos on my channel anyway lol

nah ill upload them after ACL with my shiney new internet along with melee vids

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
GG's had heaps of fun wish my mate stayed longer though and actually participated :/ think teams made him feel a bit crappy... See you all at ACL! Thnx for the comments too hope i play as well as I did yesterday next week lol :\ Annnd... someone teach me mvc3 :) game looks so good....

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Cool tournament. Shoutouts to:

Jei: Thanks for teaming with me. Sorry, I screwed up on possibly the easiest gimp ever (it was recorded too!). Nevertheless, teaming was a fantastic experience.

Dean: Good job man. First time we ever teamed and we got 2nd? That's pretty awesome. Wanna team for ACL?

Harry: Okay, I admit, you're pretty good. Too bad Redact didn't let you play on Hyrule in the tournament. If we ever meet in the braket, I'll let you pick Hyrule. Maybe at ACL. Maybe.

Everyone else: Too many people to mention. You're all cool.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutouts:

Toshi: pretty cool Brawl teams partner, I didn't think we'd do that well at all. I'd be more than happy to team at ACL (is Joe not coming? or you ditched him). I'll be sure to touch up my non-Dedede characters in case the penguin doesn't work out in the future ^_^

Jei: you do well in teams... you're too good at arrowing someone when Dekar's in trouble, and Dekar's so good at following up on that arrow... just learn how to deal with bair spam and touch up on those teams counterpicks and you're set to do well again. Oh, yeah... too good at beating Tibs and outplacing me this time :)

Earl and Nicks: you guys just didn't get it together this time, but I'm sure you'll regroup and come back strongly for next time. Two Meta Knights is so hard for Dedede to fight against :(

Splice: I was suprised at having to play you that early in the bracket. It's been a while since we've played in tournament, but it's good to see you haven't lost your touch. And if you really want I guess I can use Marth against you next time... I guess...

Ugly: I sadfaced at the non-Ganondorf :( But the Jiggs isn't bad at all man. Was nice seeing you again.

ViVa: why the forfeit man :( you're not going to learn how to beat Dedede if you don't play me... but yeah, see you 'round at school.

Dekar: you seemed a bit off this time compared to our last set, but you're still legit Brawl player... I guess you were to focused on playing Melee to care much huh.

Afropony: rawr I still can't beat Pony :( but I think I'm getting closer... slowly... you're good bro, keep it up.

Nix: nice friendlies, you have a good Fox. You should come more often, yes? :)

To people I randomly talk to throughout the day, you make the tournaments worth it pretty much. See you guys around. Conor, why the no-show? We miss you man :(

Splice

Smash Hero
Enjoyable Tourney Phil! 8)|

SHOUTOUTS:

Aled: Didnt drop an individual game let alone a set in doubles, all day. We are 2g. Glad you got some sleep and calmed-the-****-down at my house lol. You crazy! Glad to see you got to the train station for school on time this moring too xP

Kier : Great Falco! I felt like we were even and then you start nailing these pillars amazingly, my stocks went missing all over the place. I thought I had you game two and even then pulled it back (even though im pretty sure i had a stock lead at some point :() Congratulations on obliterating the losers bracket :)

Alexi/Ajtn : them's Brawl players :p

Dekar: Congrats on overcoming Leishas Rob, please remember my tips and you should be set from now on! And ofc, Bigger Congratulations on coming second in Melee :p Even bigger congratulations for taking a stock off Harry!!! In Grand Finals!!! Wouldnt have happened on Hyrule but still, you da man!

Cao: Wubb! ^_____^

Vermy: Wubb also! And you beat Cao in brawl iirc woah (no small task from my experience)

Plasia: Thankyou for the keyboard! It's so nice! I'm using it right now! <3

Tak: Thanks for remembering to bring the keyboard! I really enjoyed our one friendly in Melee lol

Viva: Stop forfeiting against Dean. Stop getting down/beating yourself up and just man-up and try your best, and get better in doing so :) You arent gonna get any better if you give up like that! Mario is still pretty good, hasn't lost touch :)

Dean: I always knew Penguins ate fish, but your D3 pigged out on my GaWs Nairs! :awesome: herp derp
Like I anticipated you have become quite good :) I enjoyed our games.

Paul Hoang: Diddy would have won :( Why you sandbag so hardcore? Anyway good to see you as always and stuff. Get yo brother to come to ACL!!!

Timic: Dat Kier hey? Hope my phone services were worth that $1
Timics Mum: Thanks for the Lift!!! You are awesome.

Robsta: Stop purchasing weed and lose some money to me please.

Skeletom: I really wanted to play your Falcon in Melee tbh, pity i didnt get a chance.

Hey guys why no 64 this week? Or was there? I didnt see any.

Attila: I hate playing you so much! **** just 'splodes in my face and Im standing still waiting for a grenade assumed to be out of range to blow up and then it blows up and hits me... your character is ******** and you get the DK treatment (Disclaimer: Stage dependant) from now on!

Tibs: I am salty. I learned some things and idk what to CP you to at all lol.
should have won on smashville grrrrrr
So salty.

Teams MM you two next time!

Earl: Trying Marth for ACL perhaps? Not feeling the MK? Your marth was pretty good at N2C, I could see it doing well :) Still too good for me in Melee, Fox is hard.

Nicks: Always close, but ya never beat dat Pony :p Better luck next time against us in teams, too! Having a bit of trouble with Dean and Toshi there... :( Hope your Team hasn't lost its Awesome. Looking forward to a cosy home on Saturday!

Nixernator: Glad you came again, hope you still enjoy the tournies and stuff. Hope the bus ride home was quick and legit. . . .Get a better phone scrub.

Dwayne: Thanks for the notice on your Bday party (grrrr) :( Sounds like it was fun. Always fun to chat to at tournies :) See you at ACL yeah? Or not? :s

Leisha: Hope you found co-running a tourney ezpz. Lets get to work on those pools soon, just hit me up msn anytime :D We should play some friendlies, why didnt we @_@ Cheap donuts yay!

Jei: I hope my tips helped but I mean Pits just... got his limitations you know? But seriously top stuff beating Tibs! That is QUITE THE ACHEIVEMENT!!! Made the bracket hard for Earl tho but what can you do? In retrospect the seeding was actually fine lol, just some upsets.

Conor: I MISS YOU. please finish my tshirt. BUT SERIOUSLY I MISS YOU HEAPS DUDE ITS NOT THE SAME.

Thanks to charging Timic $1 for the use of my phone... if i calculate all I spent on food and entry and all I made from winning stuff... I profited 90 cents. yay.

Redact: Tyvm for the venue - and I need Falco v Falco tips

OH MY GOODNESS

Small Brawl meet at mine (tibs/attila/earl/jei/afro/nix/others welcome)
For those who are keen
2pm - 10:59pm

facepalm edit: On Wednesday

. . .

Keyboard You are amazing and type so fluently! Functional spacebar a plus! My days of fearing accidentally highlighting stuff in mIRC and then needing to open notepad to copy a space so i can type again are over! Your 'Fn' button is in a peculiar and rather annoying position but this is an insubstantial issue when compared to your many amazing traits, such as not being broken :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Quick shoutouts

Melee
Tak: you know me too well.
Kensho?: I didn't realize I had played you before until I contemplated choosing jiggs due to your spacie preference, then I knew. GGs
Kier: You play so much better in tourney matches than in friendlies, makes me feel ********.
Harry: I've never seen that kind of skill in my life. Made Dekar look like he had never played before o.m.g

Brawl
Splice: 2g, thanks for the tips.
Afropony: It wasn't even close lol. I need to practice.
Timic: Lol. Bad luck on Delfino twice.
Tibs: Seriously it's been over 2 years of very close games in bracket until I managed to win. Bad luck with the SD on the last game and GG ^_^. My biggest accomplishment in Brawl for a long time.
Attila: Grats on first.

Misc
Redact: tourney went very smoothly, GJ
Ugs and Vermy: I love you guys more than any straight man should love another.
Dean: I think we were like, bonding for the first time lol. Maybe not i dunno.
Viva: Good friendlies yo.
Leisha: I wasn't very helpful I don't think but hopefully you learned something. Your funny.

Edit: I freakin forgot my doubles partners

Toshi: We did pretty good. 3rd isn't bad. Coulda been second if you didn't miss that easy KO. But still, you played amazing that game mah gawsh.
Dekar: No complaints this time, you were solid. We were just unlucky.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
shoutouts:
ponting: never thought shieks down b could be good, falcon was mad solid too
robsta: get better (this is comng from TIMIC)
kier: ur falco :D
alex "pretty cool guy": ics 2g
redact: so helpful
earl: ggs
everyone: SUNDAY WAS FUNDAY
ICs too gay...
Kind of deserved the IC camp after what I did to your sheik :D.
WP

Splice

Smash Hero
wut?

So i suppose no meet at mine this week? :c
I mean i could do Thursday but it'd start at 6pm
N2C mayhaps? EWW MONEY

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yeah, i'm in the process of trying to get his account reactivated through the admins. the kid's so excited.

tourney shoutouts:
bishi bashi: you are the greatest!
15-man dinner: squeeee!

SethT

Smash Ace
o__o and here I thought he was one massive troll.

Go figure.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
nah, he used falcon mostly. zelda's one of those characters you wish could take tournaments... like boozer...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
his zelda was pretty exciting
but yeah then he pulled out the falcon, as cao said

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hey all thanks for the great time, forgot how fun it can be. I'll try and make it to another monthly soon and this time I will drag Shaz kicking and screaming with me >:D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I can't seem to locate my controller anywhere (Jiggs sticker with JEI on the back.)

I'm freaking out. Did anyone pick it up at the Hive?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
that reminds me
robsta, i found the headphone ear cover you left at don't get bashed
remind me friday and i'll bring on sat

Robsta

Smash Ace
that reminds me
robsta, i found the headphone ear cover you left at don't get bashed
remind me friday and i'll bring on sat
They're broken so don't worry.
Think I did it when it was in my bag at TAK11, someone probs stepped on it.

earla

Smash Lord
i could only come to doubles on the 30th.

i vote sunday/any other date.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
big hype for april 30 monthly
i herd there will probs be a pr revision after

kier 5th last monthly
earl loses in straight sets last monthly, then ***** at ACL and gets 7th
atticus gets 5th at acl
who's gunna step it up on the last saturday of april
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCR85u9QngQ

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
redact gets free ride to 2nd next revision, boooooo-urns, lol
I wanted to beat you before you go, but i didn't have it in me at ACL.

I totally felt like if I played falcon vs you again, I could win a set, but my chance is gone now.

I'll just have to somehow beat dekar I guess.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if atticus gets 2nd or higher, the pr match should probs be atticus vs redact
well actually, if that happens, it's most likely atticus has already beat red in a bo5 anyway... depends how they both play i guess
i should sit out this month

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
dannnng atticus, this is so hype (i almost died to you in ACL) -- LIVESTREAM THIS SHIEZ NXT MONTHLY FOR ME SINCE I'LL BE LIVING IN THE JUNGLE WITH THE FEESHIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom