• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Various Samus Tech (Z-air --> F-smash Update)

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Note to self- missed techs on stream will result in savage Afrosmash roasting

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
B reverse CS slide is technically just perfect pivot CS. I'll update the thread a bit more later. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm still having trouble with B-Reverse Charge Shot Slide Cancel. I keep doing pivot Super Missile instead. For example, I flick left, then right, then press B, but I guess I am pressing B too early since I end up shooting SM to the right. I think my problem is I don't know how to consistently do perfect pivots. Maybe my question is: if I perfect pivot, at what point do I press B?

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
I'm still having trouble with B-Reverse Charge Shot Slide Cancel. I keep doing pivot Super Missile instead. For example, I flick left, then right, then press B, but I guess I am pressing B too early since I end up shooting SM to the right. I think my problem is I don't know how to consistently do perfect pivots. Maybe my question is: if I perfect pivot, at what point do I press B?
You have to press b just after releasing the control stick, early mid-slide. I've found it helpful to temporarily flick my thumb off the control stick when perfect pivoting, so I don't hold the input down any longer than I have to, but that's just me.

samosa

Smash Cadet
So I found a small thing regarding charge shot. Just like buffering a shield drop while charging, it is also possible to buffer a jump while charging. This will make sure you jump at the earliest frame.
So the inputs would be: Start charging-->press jump--> shield. It seems you have 8 or 9 frames to buffer jump before shielding
You can input a short hop by tapping and normal jump while holding the jump button. From what I tested Samus and Mii gunner are the only ones who jump right as you press shield. Pacman and Sheik can do this too while charging but they have some lag going into shield.

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
So I found a small thing regarding charge shot. Just like buffering a shield drop while charging, it is also possible to buffer a jump while charging. This will make sure you jump at the earliest frame.
So the inputs would be: Start charging-->press jump--> shield. It seems you have 8 or 9 frames to buffer jump before shielding
You can input a short hop by tapping and normal jump while holding the jump button. From what I tested Samus and Mii gunner are the only ones who jump right as you press shield. Pacman and Sheik can do this too while charging but they have some lag going into shield.

Nice find. Might help with our juggling mind games. Obvious help with charging our CS, baiting an aproach, punishing with (N/B/Z)Airs. I have jump on X and shield on Y (WiiUProController) so just sliding the finger from X to Y makes instant CS->BufferedJump very easy. (Same thing with SH Airdodges) Speaking of SH Airdodges, I'm having trouble executing those out of the buffered jump, with enough frames left for a (N/B)Air. I need to mash shield faster I guess..

Unrelated. When the Ftilt nerf hit or when PPivoting broke out (or simultaneously?), someone mentioned how PP->UTilt might be a good spacing option. Has this been tested or elaborated upon? Been working on my PPivots and if this is actually any good I'd love to know.

Pyreeze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyreeze1
Hey guys, I'm back with some little things. It's about SH FF Dair again. I still don't have a capture card or whatever so I can't show the training mode. They are a little hard to pull off, but if you get the feel for SH FF Dair on hit, the combos outlined are easy to pull off. They are true, just have a very tight window to get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sci8vJFDwus

In the video, I tried to outline more uses for Dair and make it a more seen move in the neutral. I am very comfortable with auto canceling Dair, so I can just react to the hit and use the appropriate follow up. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'm seeing people mention Reverse Charge Shot. I still struggle with this. What exactly are the button inputs to do it properly?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
:GCL:/:GCR:, :GCN:, :GCB:
Just tap the direction you want and as it resets fire away
Exactly how quick a gap should I be leaving from letting he joystick hit the neutral position. I seem to either not turn around and just fire in the wrong direction, or roll back for example.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Exactly how quick a gap should I be leaving from letting he joystick hit the neutral position. I seem to either not turn around and just fire in the wrong direction, or roll back for example.
You can only do it in the air

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Pyreeze said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sci8vJFDwus
In the video, I tried to outline more uses for Dair and make it a more seen move in the neutral. I am very comfortable with auto canceling Dair, so I can just react to the hit and use the appropriate follow up. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.
Nice, yes, I mentioned sour spot D-air combos in passing at the very end of the complete combo video in the strange stuff section, you definitely can get them to register under certain circumstances. Rising from the edge sour-spot D-air on a large target like DK wil register jab 1+2 combo in training mode.
Also certain hitbox interactions allow for quick follow up as well. You can see this in one my recent vids as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yo58H3uoWE#t=163

Pyreeze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyreeze1
I know you guys are probably tired of me talking about Dair, but I think this is pretty good information.
It's about tech chasing on the Battlefield platforms with it, or more specifically, replacing the missle lock setup. Sweet Spot dair locks as I'm sure we all know, and if caught on the platforms not teching, it can lead to huge damage or even the stock. The video is kind of longer than the usual ones I put up, but please check it out if you have the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-g-EF7R-T8

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I know you guys are probably tired of me talking about Dair, but I think this is pretty good information.
It's about tech chasing on the Battlefield platforms with it, or more specifically, replacing the missle lock setup. Sweet Spot dair locks as I'm sure we all know, and if caught on the platforms not teching, it can lead to huge damage or even the stock. The video is kind of longer than the usual ones I put up, but please check it out if you have the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-g-EF7R-T8
This is good stuff! Hadn't thought about locking with dair on the platform dthrow.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Pyreeze Pyreeze I really like the detail you went to. I've been using more and more d-air in my game recently, particularly switching up my edge-guard if I know they can make it to the ledge I bomb the roll point and go for d-air directly into the stage lip. If I could only master that FF d-air timing to perfection...

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Last edited:

Pyreeze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyreeze1
I feel like I've asked you before, where abouts are you in WA? I'm in Issaquah.

That's a great win! I know DK is huge in our favor but Konga is a really good player.
I live next to Lakewood. I'm just working out here for a while. I'm originally from Cali though.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Nice stuff making top 10 plays of the month Pyreeze Pyreeze !

DungeonMaster DungeonMaster can you show a clip of exactly what you're talking about please?
Yep, I've been away+busy recently but I'll try and get you a vid shortly. It's nothing ground breaking, and because rolls are all different lengths it's not super practical, it's more mixup vs. good players.
Bombing the ledge snap and trying to catch standard getup is by far more effective in general.

Top Bottom