• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Throw lots of turnips at puff, never dash attack a standing puff, she can duck under to rest or shield to rest. Way to many options to punish. It can be good against her aerials, just don't let her "tomohawk" into a duck or shield. Cuz then you get raept.

When she gets all bairy, throw turnips to control her movement and use shield lots. If she mispaces against your shield, jump out and nair. This matchup is really bad for peach though. It's why Armada picks YL for HBox...

Sim

Smash Apprentice
I know that Armada likes to zone Fox with FC fairs, and will mix in rising uairs (maybe some nairs) to intercept Fox if the Fox tries to approach after the fair. You've got to, like Sveet said, keep the center and constantly keep hitboxes out. And if you want to pull turnips, pull them when you're fairly far from him.
Thanks mate, I'm gonna be trying that :)

Eventually, I will provide myself with a recording setup and will ask more advice with concrete matches!

Onto the puff match-up, I think dash attacks when puff is in the air are good, but when he's grounded it can get really dangerous. I mean, he can either shield and rest OOS or CC rest -_-

The match-up will inevitably end up somewhere in the air fighting aerial against aerial so your best hopes are to kill puff with uairs so he dies on top of the map and baiting his lag between the aerials. pound also has huge priority and he can rest if you don't DI properly out of it, as he can with the uair so be careful. Also, it's hard to punish Puff properly when he rests with Peach (turnip Dsmash and stuff) so puff will try a lot of rests.

Anyone tried low spaced FC bairs? My hypothesis is that it will not quite work as Puff will be slightly above you but still who knows?

Yea, pretty hard MU imo.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o **** guys i just discovered the most pimp combo ever. i was in training mode put falco at 49% and put him on the top platform on yoshi's. then i d-tilted then as fast as i could i used side B, which comboed and b/c of his fall speed and % we both went to the side i side B'ed from, then i got another combo hit in with a nair or up-air. my guess is maybe bair could work and if u floated at the right moment u could maybe dair. the combo i pulled off did up to 40%

Now i know i just revolutionized the peach meta game and this combo is extremely practical and useful no need to thank me :cool:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Couldn't you just charge upsmash and maybe kill him on YS though?
stop making sense

well for one my combo is sexier. also i am not sure if after a d-tilt at that % a charged up-smash would kill. plus i am pretty sure my combo works on the ground as well and on other stages. lastly u got to do stuff for the swag and lols. (ok now for the real last reason to use it) my combo is so situational and most likely not the best option so i would be shocked to see anyone really do it, but in friendlies if u pulled it off u would be a hero and whoever u r player should stop and shake your hand for being so awesome.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
r u suggesting get owned as my tag? or r u saying i got owned b/c someone took my awesome name?

i am thinking about taking the name nameless since at apex i had nothing written on my id card thing so at times people asked for my name i told them i was nameless. (then i at times went crazyier with it and said **** like i am the nameless assassin. and i went further still but i will stop here for now

Wake

Smash Master
not "nameless." I mean, we already have "Uknown." And I'm saying you got owned by having your tag stolen.

Also, what happens if they just DI the dtilt... you wouldn't be able to hit them with da booty.:(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
not "nameless." I mean, we already have "Uknown." And I'm saying you got owned by having your tag stolen.

Also, what happens if they just DI the dtilt... you wouldn't be able to hit them with da booty.:(
ok then i might just use the tag Who, which is a tag i was going to use before the mr owl debacle (going with my avatar not a owl theme). (and if u didnt know my avatar is from the show doctor who and i would go with a doctor related name but i dont want people thinking i use doc)

edit: and yes i realize the name who also kinda is in the same ballpark as nameless and unknown

now for the second part what didnt u get about "stop making sense". if they di it then i guess u wouldn't be able to hit the up-smash ether and u would have to go for something else altogether

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well any suggestions? i kinda suck at coming up with names. I mean right now i want to make up some ridicules joke name as a suggestion but i suck at coming up with names so much i cant even do that. i guess what i am saying is its a good thing children dont name themselves b/c i can only live in fear of what my name would of been.

edit: ok i got a ridicules name: alakablam

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
refuse to call me what? alakablam or who, b/c to be honest alakablam is growing on me.

Also is that really how u got your name? looks like fate was kind to u that day since wake is a solid name

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
well i will keep thinking about it, and suggestions r appreciated. maybe i will just name myself asleep lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
would u prefer something like ARBEN or Dcam, maybe zNaV?

how do u feel about the name: The Big Crunch? its a term for how people thought the universe might end

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
how about Cosmic uncertainty, or maybe heat death going with something related to the big freeze.

I dont dislike big freeze or just freeze but it sounds like something someone would already have, and i dislike the cold lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i will continue to think about it and maybe pick this up tomorrow maybe in the social thread.

but before i go how about: The uncertainty principle, maybe flying fortress (b/c that is what peach is)

also this website kinda sucks http://www.gamescales.ca/Gamertag-Generator.html

edit: maybe john is right but for now i will continue to try to think up a awesome name, a name so awesome just hearing it will instantly understand how awesome that person with that name is :cool:

Wake

Smash Master
Did you want "who" because it's the sound owls make?

Just take Mr. Owl and become so good that you completely overshadow the original Mr. Owl.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
nope who was not owl related, but i do think having people ask who is who would be fun.

Also wake i like your location

edit: how do u feel about the name Max Powers? lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
max powers is a name from the simpsons.

we will continue this next time i am on but atm i got to go to sleep i got some stuff to do tomorrow. peace

MacD

Banned via Administration
i could never get used to people calling me by a gamertag. just seems so impersonal. my actual name is fine, thanks :smirk:
i half did this

when i was picking my tag i tried to get something that was like a nickname. my friend told me everyone has 4 letter tags because that is how many letters you can use in game for a tag. his tag was amar cause his name was anthony martinez and i was just like ".... ok not doing that cause that is stupid" so i went through a list of nicknames i had as a kid to see which ones were or could be 4 letters.

and thus born MacD, shortened from MacDaddy!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I just read that entire tag conversation...

*blink* *blink*

Well, Wake was a good pick from the dictionary, anyways...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o wow shrouded u read the whole thing, i am so sorry we made u go through that.

On the other hand suggestion box is still open.

Also @macd i never had a nickname people always just called me by my name, its hard to shorten Ben into a nickname (of course ben is short for benjamin but thats not really a nickname)

Top Bottom