• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanz or Dark.Pch. Who is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I like those 2 guys. Vanz ***** with peach from what I seen on youtube. He is really good. Dark.Pch is just about the same. But I cant decide who is better. To me Vanzs seems more faster with Peach than Dark.Pch. Then it seems Dark.Pch has more tricks. There is no videos of these 2 going at it. Not sure if any of you guys played ether of them to know for sure. Or heard how they do in tournaments. So all we have to base this on is youtube. I guess Vanz would be better cause he is faster? (well to me anyway)They might be rivals since they are the only good active Peach players in N.Y that I know of.

Also who is the best Peach player in N.Y? Since it seems N.Y is one of the best states for smash from what I hear . So I would lke to know who is the best Peach there (if anyone knows)

No flamming in this one please, matter of simple opinions and if you guys have back up please post them. I'm just curious. I like these 2 guys. they own. Been watching them on youtube alot latley.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As of the end of September, Vanz was better at the Peach ditto but got eliminated right after winning against D.Pch in the loser's bracket.

http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=554

Since I don't live on the East Coast, I have no other information, really.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately not to be a rebel, but i do not believe in ditto matches, from my understanding ditto matches only show how good is their match up against the same character. anyone disagrees with me?

but idk who is better, i live in NY. seen them both play, but haven't really thought of comparing them

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol. new york peaches.
I've never seen vanz play, but cort said dark pch had some idiosyncracies with peach

and faster peaches don't always mean better peaches. Think Mikael and Cort placing higher than Mike G/Vidjogamer/XiF

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I see. well I guess we should look at what makes a Peach a good player and take it from there.

I Know (From what I heard) vanz plays with more than just Peach. So I assume right there that he can counter pick if needed. Dark.Pch on the other hand cant do that For he only uses Peach in Tournaments. which could be why he might place better than Dark.Pch. Which is Good. So this would make him have many strats. And it helps him get closer to first or atleast to get some money in if not first.

Dark.Pch Just goes at it alone with Peach in tournaments. So he can get counterpicked easy. Thats not good and can screw his chances of winning and making it far......Yet over all he places very good. 9th at a big tournament with Just Peach alone. Thats hard to do seeing how when some players see's Peach they will love to just counterpick to beat her bad and move on. Thus he would have to think very hard and play it smart to get his wins

From how I detailed them both I cant tell who works more harder. Or who would be the better player for it. Counterpicking is important right? Like everyone needs to do it?If so then I guess Vanz would take that for better player since its something Dark.Pch does not do. Then again, without it, he still owns in tournaments. I think if he were to counterpick with characters, he do way better than he does now. IMO he is pretty beast for one that does not do that, so if he did that would be a good boost.

lol. new york peaches.
I've never seen vanz play, but cort said dark pch had some idiosyncracies with peach

and faster peaches don't always mean better peaches. Think Mikael and Cort placing higher than Mike G/Vidjogamer/XiF
What do you mean by idiosyncracies?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You're question is kinda vague, so I'll answer it the best as possible.

If you're asking who's the best Peach if they fought in a Ditto/general match, it can kinda go either way. While Vanz has more characters to choose from, Dark Pch has some tricks too. If they did a Peach ditto, again it'll go either way. Both of them know how to play well with Peach, and both of them can do the Pillar (I think Vanz can do it more effectivly. not sure)

If you're talking about who's better in general, then it also varies. You see, Dark Pch. is good because he has a style that half to most don't really have. He has what's called, random. I believe he said it's similar to Mike G's moves. He has some good mindgames here and there, and has some experiance as well.

Vanz however, is different. Unlike Dark Pch, he can handle counter matchups better then not only Dark, but several Peach players. He actually ENJOYS facing Marth. Again, he's very versitile with other characters, who are also pretty good. So, I guess he wins in that type of area. But still...

I wouldn't sleep on Dark Pch. >>

I play both of these people, and talk to them, so I think I have a good grasp on their skills. Both of them are very skilled.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Kinda wierd being compared to Vanz. And Rockin, Your a lil off.

I cant beat Vanz in a Peach ditto. Its been so long since I done that. I may get close but never can pull it off. I'm Not all that great in them. He is though so I'm not winning no matter what I do.

I can pillar but cant use it in a fight correctly. I tend to get shield grabbed when trying. Or get attacked when I start it. He can do it well so he got that one. I'ts been months since I beat vanz so that should say alot.

And the fact that he is skilled with other characters and I am not should say something as well. And from what I hear he can hadnle Marths and foxes better than me. he said like a few mins ago in my crew thread he loves to fight Marth on YS. I (obviously) do not and would not risk that for the world in a tournament.

All this said, it comes out that he is the better player. I dont think I have anything on him expect maybe placeing far with Peach alone...........which I'm sure it does not mean much to all he has on me.

I dont mind being below Vanz, does not bother me, I just see myself as a Peach player. thats about it. People can say or think what they wish. I'll just play and try to do my best. and if I keep loseing and cant beat vanz.....oh well, maybe nextime.......

D1

Banned via Administration
I hate "Who is better, X or Y?" threads.

NinjaLink is better.

*walks off*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I hate "Who is better, X or Y?" threads.

NinjaLink is better.

*walks off*
Best Post I seen this whole thread

yea, those who's better threads a dumb. i'm jus here to post havent played dark.pch yet :( and vanz i havent played u in a long azz time, tho it was good to c u at vls
Next out of state tournament I go too I'll see if we can get a game in first thing if your there that is

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I have my own tournament I'm running and the Zenith is gonna happen on that day I believe. Not sure if I'll go to the Zenith. I been to enough N.Y tournaments already. I want some new ones. I might have to change the date for mines if I wanna make it to pound three which I wanna go to now.

And to Keep this thread on topic........uh.......Dark.Pch is the awsome?

Cort

Apple Head
I was talking about Dark.Pch's habits IN REAL LIFE rather than the game. He does some funny weird things, aka idiosyncrasies

>_.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I was talking about Dark.Pch's habits IN REAL LIFE rather than the game. He does some funny weird things, aka idiosyncrasies

>_.
So you dont even know or cant tell me what kind of player he is or if he is good even though you seen him play? Hmmm.....ok sir

Who cares whose the better Peach? They ALL lose to Young Link so....what does it matter? :laugh: I love my Peach playaz.
Not to come off rude and all, You keep going on like that But Does Dark.Pch not beat your Y.Link? I think he knows that match up more than any other Peach player (no offense to the others) and he made a guide on the match up that helped me alot. And His Peach is great at low tier match ups. Since he fights them alot. Cant be a true slayer If Dark.Pch can beat you and has And you know it.

You're question is kinda vague, so I'll answer it the best as possible.

If you're asking who's the best Peach if they fought in a Ditto/general match, it can kinda go either way. While Vanz has more characters to choose from, Dark Pch has some tricks too. If they did a Peach ditto, again it'll go either way. Both of them know how to play well with Peach, and both of them can do the Pillar (I think Vanz can do it more effectivly. not sure)

If you're talking about who's better in general, then it also varies. You see, Dark Pch. is good because he has a style that half to most don't really have. He has what's called, random. I believe he said it's similar to Mike G's moves. He has some good mindgames here and there, and has some experiance as well.

Vanz however, is different. Unlike Dark Pch, he can handle counter matchups better then not only Dark, but several Peach players. He actually ENJOYS facing Marth. Again, he's very versitile with other characters, who are also pretty good. So, I guess he wins in that type of area. But still...

I wouldn't sleep on Dark Pch. >>

I play both of these people, and talk to them, so I think I have a good grasp on their skills. Both of them are very skilled.
Thanks for your imput on this.

Jash

Smash Lord
Not to come off rude and all, You keep going on like that But Does Dark.Pch not beat your Y.Link? I think he knows that match up more than any other Peach player (no offense to the others) and he made a guide on the match up that helped me alot. And His Peach is great at low tier match ups. Since he fights them alot. Cant be a true slayer If Dark.Pch can beat you and has And you know it.
Ehem....ok fan boy lemme tell you something here. Yes...Dark.Pch does beat me....in MATCHES sir. When it comes to sets....no...it doesn't happen ok? Dark.Pch isn't the ONLY Peach who beats me in matches, Cort, PC, Reject, Vanz, and many more beat me in Matches. But in sets, so far i take the gold prize. Also im not cocky about this at all *as much as i deserve to be* im just joking around because thats what people call me now lol. Stop takin things to the butt, its alright.....Young Link understands.:laugh:

Thanks Emmy.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I've not played Dark.pch, though I would like to. I've played VaNz...and he's scary....downright frightening. Plus, if you look at some of his matches with Teczero....he really knows how to control a match. Dark.Pch, I can't say much until I face you, but you seem like a formiddable Peach, and from VaNz mouth, you're pretty good. Both are good, but since from what I've seen, no offense at all, VaNz is better. However, until I see you in action, I can't say. When you're actually there....it's a tad bit more insane. So until we meet Dark.Pch.

*fades into Shadows*

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
vanz is a monster. dark peach is pretty good too. I do believe Vanz is the more skilled player. Jash is scary as hell against peach. mm him if you dare. i suck at this game and dont deserve to be compared to the listed players

edit: lol at ur sig Jash. who made it?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow this topic caught me off guard.

Seriously who cares?

Both have their pros and cons as does everyone. I've played both Vanz and Dark Pch, Vanz is a very talented smasher. And Dark Pch worked hard to get where he is now and it paid off.

They are both excellent players THE END!

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I'm the bestest in the worlds since I started playing seriously again as of the middle of last month. No juans.

Ehem....ok fan boy lemme tell you something here. Yes...Dark.Pch does beat me....in MATCHES sir. When it comes to sets....no...it doesn't happen ok? Dark.Pch isn't the ONLY Peach who beats me in matches, Cort, PC, Reject, Vanz, and many more beat me in Matches. But in sets, so far i take the gold prize. Also im not cocky about this at all *as much as i deserve to be* im just joking around because thats what people call me now lol. Stop takin things to the butt, its alright.....Young Link understands.:laugh:

Thanks Emmy.
Yes but you lose to everything else so its wack.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
This thread is funny..But Vanzis beter then Dark Peach sorry Dark Peach..Vanz go back and forth with me fox vs peach and i no that match up well..Also Alejandro Jash a beast no johns..Team Swat is the best =)

Jman out ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have not played your fox in a long time Jman. so how would you know I wont do good against you. Not sure if I would better than Vanz but how would you know I wont win? No one knows I can fight Fox now huh? Or it just seems I cant get better in peoples eyes. I will always be the same. this is one reasonI dont have such high confidence and people say I should. cause this happens all the time.

Dont take this as a flame post Jman. Just saying my mind just like you said yours. its all Peachy.

So its been decided. Vanz is better. where does that put me? Dont know, dont care. its done. I just now officially see myself as a player. And dont care if people think I will always be the same and will not beat them or w/e the usual bull is with me. I'm Dark.pch, and I think I'm a decent Peach player. and there is no competition when it comes to the own players opinion. Let people think what they will. its nothing but empty words. I'm just gonna be lay back The END

See you guys at tournaments and have a Peachy day. (and yes I will be going to out of state tournaments. so look out for me And I plan to do the best I can wether people think I can or not. I'm Dark.Pch, its what I do try my best till I finally hit it no matter how many tries it takes)

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I have not played your fox in a long time Jman. so how would you know I wont do good against you. Not sure if I would better than Vanz but how would you know I wont win? No one knows I can fight Fox now huh? Or it just seems I cant get better in peoples eyes. I will always be the same. this is one reasonI dont have such high confidence and people say I should. cause this happens all the time.

Dont take this as a flame post Jman. Just saying my mind just like you said yours. its all Peachy.

So its been decided. Vanz is better. where does that put me? Dont know, dont care. its done. I just now officially see myself as a player. And dont care if people think I will always be the same and will not beat them or w/e the usual bull is with me. I'm Dark.pch, and I think I'm a decent Peach player. and there is no competition when it comes to the own players opinion. Let people think what they will. its nothing but empty words. I'm just gonna be lay back The END

See you guys at tournaments and have a Peachy day. (and yes I will be going to out of state tournaments. so look out for me And I plan to do the best I can wether people think I can or not. I'm Dark.Pch, its what I do try my best till I finally hit it no matter how many tries it takes)
im not saying your bad your very good second best peach in N.Y. by far..also u r not the same everytime..everytime i do see u play or play u get better in my eyes..im just saying vanz is better because he does better in tournys and goes back and forth with me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom