• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaMPs! The IN Crowd: Apr. 10th, Indianapolis Indiana!!

Icyo

Smash Ace
The only update gold and silver needed was a graphics update. It didn't need the extra five million pokemon that came after it :mad088:
Pokemon sucks balls now. Oldschool ftw.
The old games just need to be rereleased with a graphics update only. No new pokemon. No new features no one cares about. The older games are still more fun.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I might be coming to this. It depends on how many people are going to be there. Is Intern and Smash 64 100% confirmed?

Also, I will need a teammate for this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good news: VDay was cancelled by my girlfriend

Neutral news: I have been told that the GKais are riding with my potential ride to TYM, so I don't have a ride up there and sure as hell won't be driving up there

Bad news:

*Scrooging is not allowed
This and the stage list has made me wary about coming. 5 starters and 4 of them good for Diddy, and the CP section is missing several necessary CPs. Just bad form.

If I do go, I'm going to ruin your tournament by showing you exactly how gay you can play with rules like this in place. Everyone can expect to be here until well past 2 a.m. if I show up.

Nothing personal Vamp, it's just principle. I'll do the same at any tournament with scrooging, planking, or any other scrub rules. Bad stagelists are one thing; they'll always be different and sometimes they just won't be that great... but those rules are pretty cut and dry, and I don't appreciate anyone limiting a character. You want to limit MK, ban him instead.

Otherwise, expect 24 minute sets from me every set in pools and bracket. Last time I did this I suicided if I was winning to bring it to the 3rd game, and I don't care about money so you know I'm not bluffing.

Also, I wrote the current SBR stalling rule over a year ago. It's really obvious when something is stalling and when it isn't, and both planking and scrooging evade the SBR stalling rule quite cleanly.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
^I for some reason find that amusing. I have no idea why.

If you go OS I'm gonna have to remember to play you. I forgot to do that at Nope's
Such good memory I have~

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I can kinda maybe understand planking, but I don't see why scrooging is ever banned. From what I can tell it's never good enough to be close to unbeatable.

Whatever, I play Diddy and wouldn't beat OS anyway so it doesn't affect me much. I'm also going to bring Melee to this because I want to improve at that game because I suck.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Why don't I know what scrooging is?

And uh, I might be here. If I show up I won't be entering. I'll be open to friendlies though, but I get to use any character I want!!!

Good news: VDay was cancelled by my girlfriend

Neutral news: I have been told that the GKais are riding with my potential ride to TYM, so I don't have a ride up there and sure as hell won't be driving up there

Bad news:

This and the stage list has made me wary about coming. 5 starters and 4 of them good for Diddy, and the CP section is missing several necessary CPs. Just bad form.

If I do go, I'm going to ruin your tournament by showing you exactly how gay you can play with rules like this in place. Everyone can expect to be here until well past 2 a.m. if I show up.

Nothing personal Vamp, it's just principle. I'll do the same at any tournament with scrooging, planking, or any other scrub rules. Bad stagelists are one thing; they'll always be different and sometimes they just won't be that great... but those rules are pretty cut and dry, and I don't appreciate anyone limiting a character. You want to limit MK, ban him instead.

Otherwise, expect 24 minute sets from me every set in pools and bracket. Last time I did this I suicided if I was winning to bring it to the 3rd game, and I don't care about money so you know I'm not bluffing.

Also, I wrote the current SBR stalling rule over a year ago. It's really obvious when something is stalling and when it isn't, and both planking and scrooging evade the SBR stalling rule quite cleanly
Cool story bro, Troll some one who cares, nothin personal :)

on another note, instead of clustering a thread you have my AIM use that

Icyo

Smash Ace
True. Anyone that doesn't live an hour from the tourney site is not allowed to come. That means you, Zozefup.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
So why do you think the turn out was huge last time, but it very small this time?

"monthly" doesn't restrict anyone from coming. But it means that it will be mostly locals. If you don't want the hassle of hosting a high quality big tournament every month, but you want to host something regularly for locals you call it a monthly. I thought everyone knew this?

You should always expect a low turnout if your going to someones monthly. People want to go to big tournaments. If people see "monthly" they think it's a small tournament. Therefore they don't go.

Top Bottom