• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valentine's Day Challenge

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...NBVq8sSu7xH_PjQA/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIrunucO#

It's a 1page read, you can do it.

Yes, I wrote this, and yes I will be carrying it out.

Please not the 2 most important things about my execution are:
1) That the recommendation from NiceGirl works
2) That I actually am really charming on the date. Please differentiate between your stereotyped view of what guys should do on a date and what I'm defining as "charming."

EDIT: Entry One is a 1page read, it's gotten longer obviously as I've been keeping it updated on the activities. It's at around 5 pages as of day 4

EDIT: Myth: "The nice guy never wins" CONFIRMED

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I laughed when I read about you being attractive.

Trolling aside, this is really adorable. It's hard to say if it'll work out, but at least you're doing something creative.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
In the past I have had great success with approaching women irl, parties/coffee shops/around campus/etc. plenty of times I've struck up a conversation with someone I've never met or seen before and it has ended with a phone #, hook-up, and/or date.

I have also been shot down plenty of times, I really don't feel like I'm setting myself up for heartbreak here.

(EDIT: let me be more clear, i would say i have a 70% "wins"

At the very least it's a good story

Also, refer to point #1

EDIT 2: If you read again you can see her response; tldr: She thought it was cute, not creepy GET AT ME

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Wait, you added a poem....... to be LESS cliche? uh... I guess we just have different thought patterns.

really this all seems unnecessary, if you're confident in yourself being attractive and smart and all that ****, just go get a girl, no need to try and do all this fancy hooha mixCD and all that. but every girl is different so idk, good luck.

we want pics after obv

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
The point is to try something new though.

This is 10x more exciting to me than just getting a date with a girl

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I'm 19, she is either 17 or 18 (like I said I don't know her.)

I don't have any huge expectations for this but, come on, this has to be like a top 10 story for "how did you guys meet?"

Pi

Smash Hero
well idk, yall young
i wouldn't go out of my way that much for young love lol

but yea, it's out of the ordinary and stories are always good to have

juss don't put to much stock into it imo

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
omni, your intentions are good. she may take it the wrong way or hopefully see it your way, I'm not in your situation so I can't give you some really good advice on it. It's not something I would do though..

But I can say this: in my experience, nothing tickles a woman more / puts her on cloud 9 than particularly good food, at a particularly good/unique restaurant, over some drinks. Pretty simple, I would order her a glass of pinot noir than let the conversation(which you seem confident in) play out from there. Other than paying and holding the door, there's not much to it.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Mad female hate up in this thread hahaha.

Let me make this abundantly clear: I have never done anything like this. I am not a romantic. In the past year I've gotten a reputation for being a womanizer, I frequently go to parties where I end up spending the night with a girl I have never met before, I understand all aspects of "game" and have plenty of experience with playing the part of the egotistical ******* that spends most of the night cutting down and paying no attention to girls that crave my attention so much that they are willing to sleep with me, despite us having never met. Tucker Max is currently probably the #1 guy I look up to.

This week is almost for me to prove to myself that the nice guy CAN win. I'm doing this to show myself that romance is not dead, and that those "fairy tale" endings are possible.

Also Valentine has been all but begging NiceGirl to tell her who I am. She is LOVING the mystery of all this and finds it extremely cute. If she wasn't being receptive I wouldn't do it.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
@omni-lol. allow me to make this abundantly clear: anyone who even thinks about it like "the game" or thinks he has to be a **** or egotistical to get a woman's attention is just delusional. Rest assured, whenever that strategy works it just means that the girl was really easy to begin with.. no doubt about it.

but ok, and good luck.

edit: I would normally be surprised by all of these ridiculous viewpoints on women, but I guess this IS a video game forum. goes for masky as well :urg:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I have to agree with Dorsey on this one. But I still wish the best for you bro. :)

Pi

Smash Hero
different women respond to different things
there's no 1 way to go about getting any women you want
no harm in experimenting w/ different tactics

i think it really depends on the type of women you're trying to get

so it's w/e, i still stick by what i said before though, don't put to much stock into it though i doubt you will

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I find it kind of funny, most of the people who have had the most ideas that have helped me plan all this have been smasher's, despite the fact that I asked just as many irl friends, if not more.

Yet when I post the story 90% of the posts in the thread are telling me either what a horrible idea this is.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
No.. the initial idea I was open-minded to, to say the least. To be fair, you lost me at:

In the past year I've gotten a reputation for being a womanizer, I frequently go to parties where I end up spending the night with a girl I have never met before, I understand all aspects of "game" and have plenty of experience with playing the part of the egotistical ******* that spends most of the night cutting down and paying no attention to girls that crave my attention so much that they are willing to sleep with me, despite us having never met. Tucker Max is currently probably the #1 guy I look up to.
:glare:

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i havent seen one person hate on omni doing this lol. am i blind?

where are the post saying that this is a bad idea?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
oops i meant smashboarders as in virgin for life
i think it is hilarious that you made a note about this being a video game forum in the same post

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Quite professional Omni. I've done some unique interesting ideas before too and although the relationships didn't work out in the end, it was just a good experience in general.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
actually I'm interested in hearing from the updates
I've updated the google doc twice every day, once to talk about what I actually ended up sending and describe any new ideas and/or improvements and then a second time with the reaction.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Keep it up! I want to find out how everything goes. Just planned my valentines day with my girl, which ended up with me needing to cook a lot.

Top Bottom