• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UW Presents: Oasis(?) House Monthlies (Next Tourney: 9/19) -updated 9/15

Eggz

Smash Hero
Im not sure if homeboy still has the file. Kip probably didnt know we uploaded it and probably didnt even save it.
im pretty sure it was all done on paper. I just need to know what happened so I can reconstruct it and upload.

VISH, get to ****ing work and get the vids and results to me.

UW tourneys are such a joke =_= if it wasnt free money theres no way I would go

^ not a personal stab, you guys just never do anything right ^

^ LOL ^

edit: i just mean the lack of seeding, lack of giving me brackets, and lack of uploading videos. All while you arent even in school yet. :D

pandacheck

Smash Ace
ya neither have i, and i'm glad i haven't, otherwise i'd see the bracket and shoot myself for placing last gosh ****it

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im pretty sure it was all done on paper. I just need to know what happened so I can reconstruct it and upload.

VISH, get to ****ing work and get the vids and results to me.

UW tourneys are such a joke =_= if it wasnt free money theres no way I would go

^ not a personal stab, you guys just never do anything right ^

^ LOL ^

edit: i just mean the lack of seeding, lack of giving me brackets, and lack of uploading videos. All while you arent even in school yet. :D
Im sure tio was used, just not to what extent. Just the guy prime put in charge of running it was the one who wouldnt change the seeding and also took the largest share of venue fee lol. ****in G if u ask me.

He wrote it out to avoid trips downstairs to his cpu to tell ppl who was playing who. But I think he just didnt save it. Tho you could be right-he might have just avoided all trips entirely and skipped the tio thing as well.

Hopefully the next tourney ill run and ill make sure its done right FDT didnt run it. They only supplied last minute housing.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Oasis one ran well. >_>;
We had a bad organizer this time thats all., when Andy runs it, its tight.

I'll put up **** soon.
oh of me ****** you amritye? lol j/k <3 u vish, when is your next combo video coming out sir!?

On a side note he did have tio, i saw it on the laptop halfway through (was upstairs) and yeah he wrote it out so he can bring it down and show people/get results

And dayuuum... stop blaming uw they just hosted the venue and had 1 "bad" tourney mainly cuz of seeding **** x_X

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ok I just heard about the house tournament that I didn't attend from Andy and Eggz and I'm kinda upset at a lot of you guys (you guys being UW guys)

First off, and most importantly... Wtf did you guys seriously have a $5 ****ing venue fee that went to the residents of the house?? Where you at andreas? Andreas who's always like, "Oh I don't wanna go to GC and pay $10, I'm gonna be broke" but now he's pocketing $10 for venue fee for a tournament? Lorin wasn't even there, and did he get a cut of the money too? And I heard Jesse said venue fee was gonna cover pizza, but that never happened... How could you guys just pocket $10 and look the other way, when it was said that venue fee was to get food and stuff? That's not good smasher ettiquette honestly, that's not what the community's about.

If you guys wanna try to argue that "Venue fee is cause it's our house!" then ok, you all owe me and Andy $100 for Venue Fee for friendlies last year. And trashing our kitchen and leaving Jack in the Box all over the place.

And then brackets weren't seeded? Ok, I heard Andy said that all this **** went wrong because Andy wasn't there, he had work and therefore couldn't make the bracket himself, but seriously guys. If some non-smasher (Kip) doesn't know how seeding works, it's up to you guys (the smashers) to help him make a better bracket. Why didn't anyone say "No, this isn't right" if there was no seeding? You guys just all ran with it?

Lastly, in general, having a single non-smasher run a melee tournament is a pretty dumb idea. One of you guys should have helped Kip. Vish, Kline, or any of the UW smashers that was there. The first oasis tournament was ran well because Andy was there to help Kip out, it wasn't just one lone non-smasher.

And I heard Jesse just quit out of the bracket and didn't save it. Again, Jesse isn't really a "tourney" kind of guy, he doesn't really care too much about competitive melee and you guys know this, so it's up to someone who knows what they are doing to help run the tournament and prevent this kinda **** from happening.

Disappointed in you guys.

That said... Thanks for sticking up for the UW at large Syler. To everyone who attended (even though I wasnt there), ESPECIALLY out-of-staters like Blunted, I'm sorry on behalf of our crew that we had this ****ty organized tournament and I promise that I'll personally see to it that if we have another tourney it's not gonna suck.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dunno, wasn't there

basically eggz told me there was a random $5 venue fee at a HOUSE TOURNEY that the residents pocketed (shady)

and that some non-smasher ran the brackets and didnt seed

which is dumb

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@ toph-Clarification/facts

-Venue fee was divided by housemates
--housemates who entered didnt have to pay venue
--kip also took largest cut(I guess a TO fee? :()
--A 30 pack of chips, and 2 12 packs of sprite and 2 12 packs of pepsi were purchased along with a box of nature valley bars.
--This is not actually pizza but is snack/leftovers were kept at the house.

-Kip was asked by several ppl to change brackets including eggz, bladewise, otto, vish and myself but andy left him in charge and he was in fact running the tournament, so it was kinda hard to make him change since the housemates were really only providing the venue.

-Kip does smash, just hes new to the scene. It would have been nice if he had been a little more openminded.

It just didnt go according to plan, but you know we all have a thread on facebook and if you are worried about solving problems vs creating them it would probably be better to talk it out with your crew instead of pointing fingers on SWF all the way from Hawaii.
Although I had similar feelings on the tourney

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Kip took the largest cut? That's ****ing stupid. Who got away with letting that happen? And him not seeding is stupid too. It didn't occur to him that "Oh, all these people telling me that I'm doing this wrong might not mean I'm actually doing something wrong"? Were you guys just ***** to him, or did you try to nicely tell him "Dude, let us help you do this right." Someone should have called Andy if there was an issue that he would only listen to Andy about...

Also, this is the official tournament thread, and I'm entitled to talk about the tournament in here... and uh... we smashed 2 days ago, you know I'm not in Hawaii.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
lol, i just wanna see the results, see if syler can walk to walk, or if he's just as overrated as they say he is HAHA

Syler

Smash Journeyman
LoL @ Kline sayin he's in Hawaii.

Haha you don't wanna know what Syler placed at this one...
LOL he wants to see cuz he likes me losing

As for what my placing was (idk how many people were in it)

But the bracket went for me 1st round bye 2nd round i lost to daltsy, sent to losers bracket played blunted object x_X **** him playing otto right off the bat Q_Q get ***** me!!!

Top Bottom