• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UW Presents: Oasis(?) House Monthlies (Next Tourney: 9/19) -updated 9/15

gman19

Smash Cadet
I'm in the same situation as USB. =D My problem however is that I need a 'effing ride up there. I'm in Olympia XD (I also am wrapped up till 12 ish if you don't mind me being late to show up). If this tourney becomes a regular basis thing, I'm in as much as transportation allows.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
I'm in the same situation as USB. =D My problem however is that I need a 'effing ride up there. I'm in Olympia XD (I also am wrapped up till 12 ish if you don't mind me being late to show up). If this tourney becomes a regular basis thing, I'm in as much as transportation allows.
That's too bad, that's usually the situation I'm in with Syler's tournaments and GameClucks
Fortunately, I'm only about a 15 minute drive from UW

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Help might possibly make it out to this but not positive also i've probably gotten way worse and i dont have the controller i used to have so i have controller johns if i suck D:

oh yeah if i do go ill try to bring dugg and brad.

gman19

Smash Cadet
That's too bad, that's usually the situation I'm in with Syler's tournaments and GameClucks
Fortunately, I'm only about a 15 minute drive from UW
Where can I get more info on Syler's tourneys and GameClucks? Maybe I can make it to one of those.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Uh, how early can we show up and still be able to get in?
Because ILoveRice and I might only have a ride to get there at 10:30am, and we don't want to be stuck outside for and hour with a GC, TV, and VCR

BladeWise

Smash Lord
jmlee, where do you live?

I might be able to drive you. or, I suppose if taking that ride at 10:30 is necessary, you could play at my house if you wanted.

Sergaton

Smash Rookie
Are you busing? It'd take you 3 hours from Olympia Transit Center.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
The place is going to be open at 1130 am tomorrow for us, probably not any earlier. 1130 - 1:30 will be registration/friendlies and we'll start doubles around then too.

Looks like i'll see most of you tomorrow ^_^

Edit: kinda bumping to let people know to maybe review the first post again cuz i've been adding a lot of stuff to that in the last couple of days.

ShadowKSI

Smash Rookie
Anyone who's planning to drop stuff off early can drop it off tonight from 10:30 to 11:30. Meant to post this earlier but too busy. transit.metrokc.gov for bus routes.

Quick disclaimer: Oasis not responsible for lost and stolen goods. I'll be practically sleeping with your stuff however. Take that how you like.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
jmlee, where do you live?

I might be able to drive you. or, I suppose if taking that ride at 10:30 is necessary, you could play at my house if you wanted.
Oh, never mind, it's fine, we got a later ride

ThePrime

Smash Lord
doubt a lot of people are going to see this but:

WE REALLY DONT NEED MORE SETUPS!

if you're NOT jmlee/rice/rohins/smasher01 then worry about bringing equipment, we're already looking at 7-8 setups with limited power outlets.

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
every time i type in address on google maps it takes me to a wells fargo on the corner of NE 45th st and University Way NE. What does the store look like and wht does the sign on the store say ?

USB

Smash Rookie
so if ppl bring cubes or wii's they dont have to pay entrance fee ??
"doubt a lot of people are going to see this but:

WE REALLY DONT NEED MORE SETUPS!

if you're NOT jmlee/rice/rohins/smasher01 then worry about bringing equipment, we're already looking at 7-8 setups with limited power outlets."

Just buy a drink.

ILoveRice

Smash Apprentice
had fun at the tourney :], and if anybody accidently took a silver gamecube controller with like the paint scrapped off on the X button can you tell me thanks :]

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Updated the first post with results of the tourney

Thanks everybody for coming! Tons of fun, too lazy to do shoutouts right now.

To bladewise/eggz: We weren't short of any money even though i said we were when i was giving out cash to you guys toward the end. What happened was, I thought that MAX and Pete entered singles and paid but they actually didnt ... all they did was enter doubles, so they were put in the bracket. My fault >_<

MasterC

Smash Ace
syler i'm actually in between LOL i'm stayin in downtown seattle most of the week and tacoma for the weekends (only some of them)

u shoulda came today man it was hella sick! but yea let's get a tourney goin or somethin after the one on the 22nd...

i'm sure everyone from today will be attending RIGHT!?!?!

P.S. shoutout to f***** BREMEMRTON!! yall were legit/good lol def wasn't expectin that

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry i couldn't make it or bring b-melo both had money johns lol, and i slept in today anyways =/

Shoutouts (though i wasn't there)
Kcid: **** dude... i thought you were still rusty yet you beat prime x_X i can't even do that (****ing samus!!!)good **** kcid
Carlos: not sure if i know you but good **** on 5th, and ****** vish!!! i approve ^^
Vish: lol you got your *** whooped but it's okay ilu <3
Master C: yeah i'll probably be at nw majors on the 22nd, hit me up sometime before then man
1080: my first legit teams partner, man we need play again sometime :p
Prime: Samus is gay enough said (your still a cool teams partner though)
Rohins: nice to see you takin care of business again ^^

Btw, just wanted to say if b-melo and i showed up, we would have got top 3 in teams (we're mm any of those teams that weren't and that say otherwise) yeah **** talk /hype <3

P.S. still owe vista/caleb a mm too :p

Kcidchop

Smash Rookie
word up, Bremerton you guys were great, great teams games. hope to see you at the next one!

LOL SAMUS THIRD. good sh*t rohins

D13

Smash Ace
Wow, thanks for the sweet videos. I would love so much to go to these, but my parents may have issues with it... I actually plan to attend UW in a couple years. I can only hope some of you guys are still around then.

USB

Smash Rookie
This was an awesome first tournament. I had a lot of fun, and learned a lot. Mad props to Zel for pointing out that rolling is not a valid technique to use as your primary form of movement. I was really impressed with everyone's skill, especially Bladewise, who was one hit away from JV five stocking my main. I'm really looking forward to next month, and hopefully entering the smash scene in other ways as well.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
We'll practice at the RC during the school year, USB
=D

Top Bottom