• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UVIC Bi-Weekly Tournaments (Feb 14th Results up, next tourney still TBA)

Metà

Smash Master
So, I've looked at my calendar, and the soonest I'll actually be able to go to another one of these is on April 25th.

I'll only go if Tim and Howard are there though, but I have a feeling that Tim will be gone by then.

EDIT: Actually, my last exam is on the 14th, and I may be able to go to the one right before that, but only if I have nothing else to do and have fully studied for it.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Tim and I are in the same EOS 110 class, and its exam is on the 14th of April, so he'll probably still be here. Dunno about Tim, but I'm probably going to be studying like crazy for it, though, because I just barely passed the midterm and I need to pass the final in order to pass the course. :(

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Next tournament is this Saturday.

The usual events are still there. 64, Melee, Brawl, singles and doubles. There's also a possible side event, depending on interest, for SF4 (or whichever SF people prefer) because of the rising popularity of SF4 at the club lately. If not, there'll probably be a setup or two for it anyway and I'll take MMs for SF2HD/SF3:3S/SF4 because I feel cocky. :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I DON'T KNOW WHO OUR TO IS THIS SATURDAY ANYMORE
I'm officially the tourney orgy this weeky. I'm bringy my lappy for the brackety. Everybody comey.

Edit: for those of you who can't understand my writing, here it is in actual words:

J'organise le tournoi cette semaine. J'apporte mon ordinateur pour fabriquer les evenements. Venez pour jouer et pour vous amuser.

Penses-tu que je devrais écrire toutes mes messages en Français? :p

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Bien sur! On peut faire des blagues que presque personne dans la Colombie-Britannique peut compréhendre. :p

(Au Québec, excusez-moi pour mon français pauvre; ça fait longtemps depuis l'école secondaire :p)

TOURNEY TOMORROW. HYPE!

Edit: Rob, I don't think you want to be our "tourney orgy", as you put it. :p

Yaya

Smash Champion
Sometimes I think there is a higher power that goes out of its way to keep me away from these tourneys.

"Hey, I found a cure for cancer! Should we release it into the world?"

"Nah, let's make this one kid not be able to go to a Bi-weekly."

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Nah, you didn't miss much today. The turnout was okay, we had to cancel Melee in its entirety and we actually held 64 doubles with four teams, which Rob and a level 9 CPU won, we had a ton of people chip in for pizza money, I got locked out of the building for a few minutes waiting for Rob to come with TVs, I barely prolonged our suffering in brawl doubles against A6M with a luck last minute Kirby stone against MK, and a bunch of other cool stuff. :p

Oh, and after almost everyone left and we were packing up Daze accidentally broke a table in the lecture room. Figure that out. Before anyone says anything, no, we're not in that much trouble (we might have to pay for repairs, which would come out of the club fund), but we do have to be more careful next time.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
Ah ok. Actually though it doesn't look like I'll be able to make this one due to lack of any kind of ride...

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE!

There will be a biweekly on Saturday. However, the room that we normally occupy has exams in it, so we can't use it.

Instead, we are in SSM A104. This is the same room that we have our Wednesday smash nights.

It's really close to the big parking lot near the giant soccer field. That's really the best way I can describe its location.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I just moved to UVic, are these wednesday smash nights still going on? Can anyone show up?

Also I haven't played Melee in ages (though I could probably remember pretty fast), do you play much Brawl?

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Is the tourney actually on tomorrow?

And can you PLEASE find a better way to allow people into the building! When the tourny was canceled the other week, one of the side doors was being held open with a chair, and I think that would be a better way to do things.

I have been locked out twice! >.>

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Next one is on the 30th.

Sorry, but that's our best bet right now as far as doors go. If we can get club status again over the summer, we'd be able to properly book the room and get a key for the building. No such luck this time, sorry. :(

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
If these are still going on sometime, I'd love to come. It would sure be easier to get to then Smash get togethers in Vancouver. :)

And within a year I might be at Uvic anyways. Still deciding on that, though.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Our biweeklies are a little more sporadic over the summer, I think (you'll have to check with people currently in Victoria, as I suffer from a temporary existence failure there), but there are usually people meeting at UVic any given Wednesday for smash. SSM A104. More info in my sig, or if that doesn't show up because my post isn't long enough, the OP.

Pizza Pie

Smash Rookie
Could we add mario kart wii to the list of games next time? we could do a free tournament to see how many are interested.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty stoked to be able to come more often (like at all other than the one time I did). Im graduating high school tomorrow so at least for a little bit I should have some free time on my hands.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I definitely need to subscribe to this as well :p

We are having biweeklies over the Summer, on Saturdays. Our next one though is yet to be determined, as scheduling problems on all our hosts and our only driver. No, not the driver you take out on the golf range, but the driver (aka me) who drives the TV's to the tournament.

As for events, our main events will be 64, brawl, and brawl+ (singles confirmed, with doubles if there is enough interest). We may have melee and mario kart wii, if there is enough interest in each. If 4 people or teams are interested in an event, I will run it. Three or less... money matches :p

Seeing as this thread is actually being used, I'll post the tourney info here as well. Only problem is that Francis, our orriginal poster, doesn't update the thread, so it will simply be a post on the thread.

Kolia

Smash Rookie
i wanna come play again (this time i am serious)
i can bring a wii (and a copy of brawl) if you have lots'a TVs

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, seeing as people are using this thread, I'll keep an eye on it much more than I have, and post info and such on it.

We are still smashing in the Summer, every Wednesday nights at UVIC in the Social Science and Math building (SSM), room A104. These start at 5, and go until 11:30 or so. You can come when you want, and leave when you want.

We also are still having biweeklies over the summer, our next is scheduled to be this Sunday, June 28th. Though take note that our biweeklies may not have enough attendance for a tournament, in which it would just become a "smash all day" type thing, which this next one is looking like.

Kolia

Smash Rookie
are the doors locked to the SSM building? i'll try to make it this wednesday.

Kolia

Smash Rookie
so if i come to the SSM building tomorrow at 5:00, people will be playing in there? i will come if someone responds to me!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
we usually do meet there, but for some reason, there was a class there. don't know where we are going to be... so it may be best to wait until next week.

But yes, we do meet in SSM A104 every Wednesday... provided it's not being used...

Top Bottom