• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
nice support join the club that's what im talkin BOOT

tsuteto, say I were to hypothetically win brawl singles, as an already pre-registered attendee for salt fest, does that mean I would be refunded money, or can I give my extra pass to somebody else?

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
im confident in my brawl skillz to place well but I didn't get to play in supports tournament because my crew took so ****ing long at taco bell lmao.

also when I come up on sat I dont think I have a full crew coming anymore

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Luke you'd better have a good ****ing reason for not going to CO. Apparently their Melee scene is hardcore and they want UT competition.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Top Players for Melee

1. @ Tomacawk Tomacawk
2. @ Jekyll Jekyll
3. @ Sinz Sinz
4. @Tuesday
5. @ Meleeruler Meleeruler
Once, again, you don't list me, but you list people who I'm confident I can (or do) beat the majority of the time in tournament. <_< If Yaz gets his rust off, he'll also be top-3 for sure, also.

Don't go posting top lists as fact when you don't really have much experience with the community here.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Once, again, you don't list me, but you list people who I'm confident I can (or do) beat the majority of the time in tournament. <_< If Yaz gets his rust off, he'll also be top-3 for sure, also.

Don't go posting top lists as fact when you don't really have much experience with the community here.
**Based off tourney placing
Kinda are facts! Please read the pervious posts before being a douche. K thanks

Last edited:

wangston

Smash Lord
Guys can we do a Utah County vs all these new people crew battles. $100000 a person. I'll take Kenny, Yaz, X, Lada, and Myself (sub for jelly, austin, cameron, staz) vs any 5 of all these new people at any smash game they want.

Power Rankings are done by a panel of all the good and active players in the state. They always place really well and they play everyone so they know who's good or bad. They do take placing into results but the panels members know the skill level and ability of everyone eligible for ranking and they discuss the ranknings and each player and then they vote on it. The tally the votes and thats the best.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just to throw this out there, As far as PM goes, Jackal (or however you spell his name, the Wolf player) did pretty dang well at the last tournament so I'd definitely list him up there. Messiah, that Pikachu player, also was super good, though I didn't get a chance to play him. PC is definitely up there but I guess he hasn't entered a tournament recently to show it in that way. Yaz is a super big wild card for both PM and (I think?) Melee; I haven't actually played him or seen him play but Sinz and others talk about him pretty highly. As far as Melee goes, I'd wager Tomacawk is the best, followed by a bit of a gap, and then a bunch of people who are all pretty close, which includes in no real order Jekyll, PC, Sinz, Tuesday, and Me. Depending on the day/matchup I feel we could all take sets off of each other.

But then again I could be totally wrong. I'm not exactly a veteran in the Utah smash community.

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Luke you'd better have a good ****ing reason for not going to CO. Apparently their Melee scene is hardcore and they want UT competition.
is unemployed and broke a good enough reason
like I'd be down to go but there's no way I would be able to pay my fair share and I'd be really uncomfortable with the whole situation in general, as me going essentially means somebody's sponsoring a mini vacay ya dig
I assume I'm not going to go there and take their money so going on that assumption idk how I can justify going
if CO sucks and I can just walk in and win then sure I'll go, but I don't know their scene and I don't go into any unknown scene assuming I'm the best there lol
except alaska or some ****
---
also, everybody's critique of the tourny result system is true support. try not to get attached to "your" rankings in a way that a critique of them is a critique of you. I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you or anything disrespectful, but it's a valuable life skill to be able to accept that criticism of something you support does not necessarily entail criticism of you.

as far as I'm concerned PC is clearly top 5 in melee and PM, but tourny results may not reflect that. and I also think he said what he said as tastefully as possible. I mean you can't really bring up that issue from his standing and not come off as somewhat negative. It's easy for us to say that he's top 5, but if he says it, the script flips because he's talking on his behalf, and not somebody else's, and faces all the assumptions of bias and questioning of motives that anybody rightly should when lobbying for themselves

Rather than saying "these are the best players" just say "these are the players that are placing the best*"
*-does not account for players who do not frequently attend tournaments
or something

Last edited:

MVP

Smash Ace
Just to throw this out there, As far as PM goes, Jackal (or however you spell his name, the Wolf player) did pretty dang well at the last tournament so I'd definitely list him up there. Messiah, that Pikachu player, also was super good, though I didn't get a chance to play him. PC is definitely up there but I guess he hasn't entered a tournament recently to show it in that way. Yaz is a super big wild card for both PM and (I think?) Melee; I haven't actually played him or seen him play but Sinz and others talk about him pretty highly. As far as Melee goes, I'd wager Tomacawk is the best, followed by a bit of a gap, and then a bunch of people who are all pretty close, which includes in no real order Jekyll, PC, Sinz, Tuesday, and Me. Depending on the day/matchup I feel we could all take sets off of each other.

But then again I could be totally wrong. I'm not exactly a veteran in the Utah smash community.
I train with Jackyl and Messiah on a regular basis. they're both top 5 material easy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Guys guys guys

we completely forgot who the real best in utah is

Muthafoxing Gangstakirby.

wangston

Smash Lord
I haven't been this hyped for a tourney in a long time. Last tourney that had this much hype was SaltFest or that tourney in Vegas.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Guys can we do a Utah County vs all these new people crew battles. $100000 a person. I'll take Kenny, Yaz, X, Lada, and Myself (sub for jelly, austin, cameron, staz) vs any 5 of all these new people at any smash game they want.

Power Rankings are done by a panel of all the good and active players in the state. They always place really well and they play everyone so they know who's good or bad. They do take placing into results but the panels members know the skill level and ability of everyone eligible for ranking and they discuss the ranknings and each player and then they vote on it. The tally the votes and thats the best.
Anyone want to do this? With a more appropriate entry fee of course. I bet the five of us could take out any other crew in probably any game.

And yeah, that's the best way to get an accurate PR and what we've done in the past. Consistent tourney results give a decent idea of what they would look like, but that's usually still not all you need. And considering there's only been a couple melee tourneys, that's not enough to even have that.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Devon, Marz, Samson, ebo, and some other hoe would **** Provo in crew battles. Open those buttholes or they will be opened for you.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haven't played MeleeRuler, but I know I'm better than Jekyll in PM
But that's wrong. We played in bracket in PM at the first Game Vault and I beat your Zelda with my Mario.

Also, if I have some sick/personal time accrued, I maaaaaaaaay be able to call in on Saturday and make it to the tournament.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Let's base all statewide placings on this tourney coming up. :)
Actually hoping to set up a solid monthly venue in some time for said power rankings. Being manager at Nickelcade though is going to take up a lot of my time here though, so have to become master scheduler.
But that's wrong. We played in bracket in PM at the first Game Vault and I beat your Zelda with my Mario.

Also, if I have some sick/personal time accrued, I maaaaaaaaay be able to call in on Saturday and make it to the tournament.
Don't remember. Don't feel hurt though, I forget a lot of things lately. And do it. I'll money match you at said tourney if time permits

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lists based soley off tourney results are crap, and that's a good example of it.
Lists based on tourny results are the ONLY way to have any sort of rankings whatsoever.

Player 6 might be better than Players 1-5, but if Player 6 never shows up to tournaments....what do Players 1-5 care? They don't have to worry about him ever being in the bracket so he's irrelevant.

Edit: Tsu start hosting monthlies at NickelCade? Good for business and good for the scene.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Lists based on tourny results are the ONLY way to have any sort of rankings whatsoever.

Edit: Tsu start hosting monthlies at NickelCade? Good for business and good for the scene.
Read my mind ha. Duuuude Tsu, you're a manager at Nickelcade? I spent like a million nickels there as a kid. Really though, that could be a dope venue ha. I got a new job, but it's in an office building :(

Top Bottom