• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will try my best to be good and stuff because i was not so good to shiro inadvertantly and he didn't dservee it

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
@ adlp adlp was gonna help with housing iirc
this is true. might not be able to house as many people as i originally thought though because alot of st. g peeps are keen on competing too.

so between this thread and irl, i'm assuming about 10 people or so. that might be split across two houses that are completely seperate from each other, because one is my sister's house (who has young kids), the other is my bff cousin's (who has roommates i dont know well)

from what i can tell, i know @aRes_fuRy my cedar city compadre , will be at EVO and he has his own place to stay as well. i don't know his situation, i can't remember if he was planning to house some of these st g kids too or not.

what im trying to say is that there is limited occupancy

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should get a list of who is all going to Evo, and then try and split it off between housing and carpooling, since I would imagine it'd be easiest to have everyone in one carpool stay at the same place. And on a sidenote I call super dibs on adlp's housing.

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
We should get a list of who is all going to Evo, and then try and split it off between housing and carpooling, since I would imagine it'd be easiest to have everyone in one carpool stay at the same place. And on a sidenote I call super dibs on adlp's housing.
I as well. I believe you and I were the first to come to him anyways.

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox I was super busy and not on (lurking) the boards for a couple weeks whilst you were trying to discuss the Gym Leader idea. But I'm super interested in that. If you get the motivation to work on it again, I'm happy to help in what ways I can. Also, my two cents, kinda in response to what Tomacawk had to say: I don't think it really has much to do with Pokemon, despite that being the theme/inspiration. It's about making the scene inviting and engaging for new players, both socially and for improvement.

tl;dr - I want the gyms.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto you should link baky's thread in the OP so new players can get to it easily
I will when I'm at my computer next.

@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox I was super busy and not on (lurking) the boards for a couple weeks whilst you were trying to discuss the Gym Leader idea. But I'm super interested in that. If you get the motivation to work on it again, I'm happy to help in what ways I can. Also, my two cents, kinda in response to what Tomacawk had to say: I don't think it really has much to do with Pokemon, despite that being the theme/inspiration. It's about making the scene inviting and engaging for new players, both socially and for improvement.

tl;dr - I want the gyms.
I'm still Lorelei. I can't be challenged until I change into my mini skirt. That's my rule. And I will only use female characters, but never the same twice. First to three wins.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Shoutouts to the rapture and zero being the only 2 brawl players. But DANG! I'm so impressed Nintendo is actually doing this stuff. I literally think I could be dreaming. I mean some of it even can be believed as fake but it's not. Nintendo working with the competitive scene????? WHAT!?!@#@!$#$%^

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Knowing Nintendo Rules, were going to see......SUDDEN DEATH MATCHES!!!!!!!!!!:colorful: When the timer runs out

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I won't believe it until someone in person confirms the truth to me.
I included a Twitter post from Nintendo of America saying its a thing lol.

Its also confirmed in the video, which also says its 4 stock matches, not timed.

#GetRekt

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I included a Twitter post from Nintendo of America saying its a thing lol.

Its also confirmed in the video, which also says its 4 stock matches, not timed.

#GetRekt
This is the only time in my life that I actually legitimately think I'm dreaming during something as crazy as this

Tomacawk

Smash Master
everybody's excited for smash4 and im just sitting here ready to flame nintendo
you gyus may have forgot the past but nintendo's got 1-2 more years of consistent catering to competitive players until i trust them again
and we have yet to see if smash4 will even be balanced and complex enough to be competitive

is smash happening tonight i leave the 31st

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Don't forget that grand finals are 1v1.... probably still 5 minutes though.

This is so fricken hype! I don't even care about the tournament itself I just want to see the game in action.
I finally get to see how the characters are going to be played. I'm super curious about villager's play style.
We're also probably going to see other things like the selection screens and what not...

In other news:
I just realized we're 101 pages away from having 1000 pages....

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm waiting til smash 4 to release to even think about buying a WiiU

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
everybody's excited for smash4 and im just sitting here ready to flame nintendo
you gyus may have forgot the past but nintendo's got 1-2 more years of consistent catering to competitive players until i trust them again
and we have yet to see if smash4 will even be balanced and complex enough to be competitive

is smash happening tonight i leave the 31st

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
WII U WILL SUPPORT GAMECUBE CONTROLLER. MAD HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

I cannot feel. I'm so excited right now.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So if we're gonna be able to use the gamecube controller... does that mean Smash 4 will not be using a left bumper button?
Or the left bumper could just be considered another Z button

Do the new Nintendo controllers even have a left bumper?

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Two things I think of with this announcement:

1) ****. Now I have 20 Wiis that need to be upgraded to a Wii U probably if Melee comes as a DLC on it.

2) Someone needs to hold a smashfest in SLC area in celebration. I will order pizza when I get there (going to see Lindsey Stirling in concert, so it'll be after then).

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
2) Someone needs to hold a smashfest in SLC area in celebration. I will order pizza when I get there (going to see Lindsey Stirling in concert, so it'll be after then).
Good idea! We'll do it at your place... and you will buy everyone a wii u, an adapter, and a copy of smash 4.... THANKS TSU!

BTW... the pizza is still expected

Last edited:
Top Bottom