• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

net1234

Smash Ace
I want soft shielding to make a return.
i want wavedashing and l canceling and hitstun and fox and chaingrabs and fd. Like pm except faster. i also dont really need new characters. also tether recoveries have to go. and it shud use the gamecub controller. the disk shud also fit into a gamecube and be called super smash brothers melee. also light shielding.

and whos hosting this damn fest

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I have a favor to ask. Would you guys mind taking a look through the replays you have from the past 2 months to see if you have any replays of rocky and me in dubz? We're trying to get better and watching replays has helped us a lot. So if you guys happen to come across any replays/videos/etc. of rocky and me teaming, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
I already have the Wii U. It's dope. I'm apparently the only human on earth who is excited to try a new controller for Smash 4.
you can already try out the wii u pro controller right now with smash. i had it set up at some of my smashfests before, but no one really cared to try them out. honestly, i was excited to use the wii u pro controller as well, since i think the gamecube controller has some ergonomic issues, but i still feel more comfortable with the gamecube controller after trying the pro controller on smash for a bit (and this coming from someone who hasn't spent years getting used to advanced technique on a gamecube controller). c-stick above is weird, xyab placement is not ideal for thumb-rocking, non-octagonal control sticks, etc. but to each his own.

i'm honestly surprised and happy nintendo is catering to the competitive scene so much. choosing actual competitive players and commentators instead of youtube stars like what was feared; coming out with wired gamecube adapters. those are big decisions and it's not necessarily catering to the larger market. how many of our non-smash friends care about gamecube controller support and know who these competitive people are? especially with nintendo stating that they're focusing on "quality-of-life" products, these announcements are refreshing for sure. it lets us know that we haven't been abandoned/forgotten to the grips of business reality. there is reason to look forward with hope.

on a more concrete note, is there gonna be a farewell fest tonight for Tomacawk?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i can host something down in provo if you guys want tomorrow. here's my info. just let me know what time you'd want to do it. but for tonight, anyone in salt lake hosting a fest?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i may be able to smash tomorrow as well. i've finished almost everything now, i have to do one more load of laundry and then fold and pack all of my clothes. other than that, i'm pretty much done.
somebody host a fest god damnit. @ T Tane it's probably gotta be you everybody else is bishmade

i'll be available around 6-7pm and onwards

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
DAMMIT PEOPLE! There's been like 9 instances of someone asking for a fest on this page a lone. Do ctrl + f, type in "fest", and there will be a count of 9 before this post.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
DAMMIT PEOPLE! There's been like 9 instances of someone asking for a fest on this page a lone. Do ctrl + f, type in "fest", and there will be a count of 9 before this post.
or maybe one of those 9 could, yknow, actually offer to host

EDIT: props @ N nqztv for doing exactly that

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@Rockmix and i are heading up to salt lake to grab some food. anyone want to join us? hopefully after we're done eating, someone will have offered to host a fest ;-).

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
People could play till like 1;30 at my place if they want. I don't have any setup or CRT though. I'm like three blocks down from the U, really close to Tane.

net1234

Smash Ace
so whos definitely going to evo? and @adlp how many of those people can u take? i'm talkin 2 vegas rite now

so r we festing at remi's?

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
what the hell you guys somebody please save me
i literally have no chairs or even a bed it's so uncomfortable here

so is it at remi's then? who's bringing setups?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
are you at remi's yet? is that where people are going? so many questions and nobodys being assertive you filthy betas

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It is obvious that I have two options from here:

1) Wait around for Remi to provide an address, seemingly hopelessly.

2) Say, "**** it" and not waste my evening

Top Bottom