• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I said "I know it's not really fair to say" because I know brawl and smash fundamentals transfer over and I have a lot more experience from the years of tournaments.

If you know me at all you would know I'm not like Devon where trash talking is serious and actually trying to put people down. I was joking around with a bunch of people about that kind of stuff and it was all in good fun back and forth.

As for your "beat an actual Melee player" nonsense, I did just that in both Melee and pm at salt fest if you paid any attention at all. No need to flip out.

Also, read through my shoutouts and look for anything that isn't trying to build up the pm and Melee community. Pretty much all of my shoutouts are to Melee/pm players, all of whom I enjoyed playing with and wanted to help them get better. It's not a lie saying I don't really play this game and is obvious when people see my lack of combo ability and tech skill and my reliance on spacing and reading. It's not meant as an insult. You made an assumption off of one sentence without assessing anything else or being there to know anything about the situation.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I actually think I'm starting to like Melee, mainly because my character isn't gimped.

Most of my Sheik play in Melee is just stuff I transferred over from Brawl. Needle game, ftilt being amazing, pressure. After throwing someone off the ledge most players immediately use their double jump, tech chases etc. Then my personal traits like analyzing and patience. I think most of the Melee players would do a lot better if they just slowed down every once in a while. Seems like most of the time people just throw out a move because they want to use it instead of thinking why should I use this and factoring in risk/reward.

Flaz

Smash Rookie
Great time at Neumont! Defiantly got the humble hammer thrown at me. Shoutouts to-
@Roguay - TGIF my boi, TGIF :denzel:
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 - Thanks for the tourney, sick money match too man! Meet me in tourney!

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You should like the PM sheik though. She's still hella good. :)))))

i'll accept any chess cash battles under a dollar

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I played so sloppy and weird yesterday.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Brawl player but I am seriously surprised that everyone was so kind to let me get 3rd in PM. I was doing the dumbest stuff ever haha. And then the games I actually wanted to do well in.....I sucked.

@ -Mars- -Mars- Awesome match. You're such a smart player and my fingers like to freak out for some reason.
@colus Great job beating me. I could john about that side b but in the end it shows who the better player is.
@Everyone who lost to Net, YOU GUYS SUCK. I didn't lose to him once yesterday
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz I wanted to beatimean play you in melee
@Ebo! Teach me the ways of the King! Dude! Way to come back and dominate
@apples25 Good job man. I don't want to say it but keep uptilting
@Logos Dude I totally lost a game 3 match in brawl later that day doing side b off the edge. Karma bro
@ Snap. Snap. Dude. We should team in pm and you go kirby
Shoutouts to the group cheering for me in PM. I love you guys

@Other people I'll give more shoutouts later but it was super fun meeting all of you! Got to meet lots of new awesome people.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
@ Baky Baky Sorry I times you out. I was getting too spazzed by your ROB

FOR THE RECORD it is way easier to time out in PM than Brawl cuz everyone can live forever in PM.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I still need to see that movie

I love the way Bowser and Dr. Robotnik nod in agreement

Also @Tane
You left your wii... when can i give it to you?

And someone left a blue and black wiimote with a transformer guy on it. Who's is it cause i'd like to give it back

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
It's usually fine. It's just today and it's a piece of junk that can't hold itself up

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Had a fun time at the tourney. I've should of been in the scrub tourney cause I lose to net.
Also shylock, hatch(I think?), and net we still have the money matches we need to do.

And if anyone has replays of me and tane teaming on their wiis within the past 3 months can you give them to me many thanks if you have any

Top Bottom