• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Get in touch with Quark, the Scifi/Fantasy club down there. They do Semester-long Round Robin tournies. fairly casual, but it was a blast when I went there.
Are you ever going to text me

Tomacawk

Smash Master
oh god qraq is gunna dunk on everyone
i can house idaho if you guys need it but the most i can offer is a couch for 1 and then floor space so it's less than ideal

Tomacawk

Smash Master
just so you guys know, i'll be displaying my full skill level and salt fest and consider it my goodbye tournament, even though neumont happens after. if you want your shot at a moneymatch now is the time.

and to any considering invading utah for the prize pool, know that I will slay you in cold blood and send you home shined blind

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Current sign ups for Salt Fest

7 for Brawl
23 for Melee
18 for Project M
All singles, still waiting for doubles

Better see a flood of at the door sign ups -.-

BlackL1ght

Smash Cadet
Current sign ups for Salt Fest

7 for Brawl
23 for Melee
18 for Project M
All singles, still waiting for doubles

Better see a flood of at the door sign ups -.-
If it was less expensive I'd be there. Not necessarily as much a complaint about pricing (although it is higher than most tournaments) than a complaint about my own empty pockets. Netplay and local friendlies for me.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Smash community is notorious for not pre-registering.

Last year for Salt Fest Brawl had 44 entrants while Melee had 35.

Chill out.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't know any of our main players that aren't going to be there. No one ever preregisters, and the only reason anyone did last year was because we were told we had to to get the pot bonus to get m2k here. And even that didn't get many to preregister.

I'm not worried. Everyone I've talked to, save a small few, is going to be there.

Last edited:

QraQ

Smash Ace
Smash community is notorious for not pre-registering.

Last year for Salt Fest Brawl had 44 entrants while Melee had 35.

Chill out.
Not pre-registering is dumb when you have a tournament where you're expecting OoS....

Tomacawk

Smash Master
more like m-ass hyukhyukhyuk
edit- wonder how many more **** posts i can put out before salt fest
bet it's 10+

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't know any of our main players that aren't going to be there. No one ever preregisters, and the only reason anyone did last year was because we were told we had to to get the pot bonus to get m2k here. And even that didn't get many to preregister.
It's the community thinking like this that's the problem. Everyone just settles for mediocrity instead of trying to make it great. Like @ QraQ QraQ said, when one is expecting any OoS, one should preregister; this would help in showing them that you're committed so that they have more reason to commit as well. It might be fine for Vegas to take your word since you have really close ties with them, but other potential people from elsewhere won't be taking our words without numbers.

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
Going to RJs for brawl, need another person for some dubs practice. Anyone interested?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Without numbers to prove attendance outsiders don't give a ****. That's why I made that post a week or so ago about looking like a complete dumbass when trying to convince people to come to salt fest. the website is mega outdated, vague, and doesn't even mention a lot of pretty relevant **** that out of state players would look for. i'm not flaming, just saying that's how it is.

i'm sure the person (people?) in charge of the event are very busy and aren't taking their work lightly by any means, and i doubt it's negligence. probably just have too much to do and not enough people helping. ultimately idk **** about it so i'm only gunna speak from the perspective of the outsider

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
All things are taken into consideration when opinions are voiced. Some with heavier weight than others. I'm not sure who's over web and such exactly, or if it falls into one of those "this person is doing a whole lot of things" situations. But hopefully it can be solved better for future events. That's why feedback is important.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I agree that people should pre-register. I agree with everyone who's said anything about it, it would be better if everyone did.

Just saying that I am not worried about getting a good attendance given our current situation where there aren't many pre-registered. But people should be better at pre-registering, you're right.

Wait, I'm on Smashboards, right?
I'm confused at what you're trying to say.

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Also, Idaho, are you good for housing? I arranged to use my parents' house so I can house as many as needed. Vegas is staying with me too. Just let me know.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
can someone let me know what the tv situation is? i remember a little while back there was a call for tvs and that they wanted them on friday. is that still the case? if so, where are we supposed to bring the tvs? also, can anyone hold on to my monstrosity of a tv after the fest on sunday? i might not be able to grab it afterwards. perhaps someone in salt lake can use it for smashfests until the next time i go up and can pick it up ^_^''.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Also, Idaho, are you good for housing? I arranged to use my parents' house so I can house as many as needed. Vegas is staying with me too. Just let me know.
We got some housing, I was just trying to make contingencies. Smashing with Vegas all night sounds tight doe -.-

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, let's go over TVs really quick.

From everyone that has stated they'd bring a TV, I request that they are dropped off Friday night, between about 6 - 10 PM at the A. Ray Olpin building on U of U campus, in the Grand Ballroom to be specific. This is so I can set things up and have them ready FOR Saturday morning, not just by, as much as possible. If you absolutely can not bring it by Friday night, then I would ask you bring it by Saturday morning between 8 - 9 AM. The earlier, the better.

Much thanks in cooperation for that. I will label the TVs so that we have markings as to who's is who's. They will be needed through Sunday night, so that is the day in which you'll be able to take them home. If for some reason you are unable to take it home that night, LET ME KNOW. Nothing is worse than being stuck with a TV that is unknown what to really do with, and I will only hold onto it for a small while before I dispose of it in some manner. THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING FOR THAT. Not that hard to make arrangements in some way, even in just letting me know. I can probably hold a couple at the Sandy Nickelcade for a couple of days, but that's it. If everyone for some unknown reason decides to leave all the TVs for me to deal with Sunday night, odds are most are going in the trash.

If you have concerns, post them here or message me. Or text me if you have my number.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
@ Jekyll Jekyll I can totally host a fest on that day. That sounds hella fun. Who's in?

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto send me your number via Facebook, I can't even tell you how many times I've needed it lol. Also, will you need help setting up **** on Friday night? I'd be happy to help if the fest hasn't started. And I have 2 CRTs to bring.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@ Jekyll Jekyll I can totally host a fest on that day. That sounds hella fun. Who's in?

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto send me your number via Facebook, I can't even tell you how many times I've needed it lol. Also, will you need help setting up **** on Friday night? I'd be happy to help if the fest hasn't started. And I have 2 CRTs to bring.
801-836-9297 (I've posted it enough times, not really worried about spambots)

As for needing help, really won't know until I'm there and see everything. I think I should be fine for the most part though. I'll be essentially placing everything, then showing up the next morning to "run" everything for it to be as needed.

Top Bottom