• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
Though I agree that the meta game would change dramatically with 1 stock matches, I see a glaring problem with ZSS. It nerfs ICs into the ground, which I'm fine with, MK becomes less intimidating, which is good. I don't know, I go back and forth all the time whether or not it's a good idea. 2 stock seems good to me because it shortens the common lengthy games, but a BO7 1 stock ruleset would be interesting to see.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Yo who's hype for Idaho rolling into Salt Fest next weekend?!?! We definitely need to do that crew battle this time!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Towards the end of Saturday should be able to, but it'd be awesome if it can be streamed. Good news: We'll have two streaming set-ups :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado nado

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
ZSS pieces are like MK's tornado. Once you figure the move out, it's not impossible to deal with.

2 stock sounds dumb because it just sounds like that's a way to make Brawl matches go faster. And watching someone try to time out in a 2 stock match with 6 minutes would be just ridiculous.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I didnt mention him because its pretty obvious hes strong ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhIj8n4a-MU
I was referring to the stream going on right now. And I jumped to the end of that video. It goes to match 7. I'm not sure that qualifies as OP.

I should clarify: I am AOK with ZSS dominating the meta for a while if it means Meta Knight NOT dominating the meta for a few years.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was referring to the stream going on right now. And I jumped to the end of that video. It goes to match 7. I'm not sure that qualifies as OP.
There were 14 games total, he won the first set. But its Leon so yeah lol.

And MK will still dominate the meta, he still beats ZSS. ZSS is just WAY better with 1 stock, and even 2 (which imo people should do 2 stock, ive been saying this for years too).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think stalls and timeouts are more "OK" in one stock matches since they dominate much of the Brawl landscape.

Does this mean we at least agree that three stock is a mistake?

(Good stuff, Hungrybox.)

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
No, I don't think that three stocks is a mistake. I don't see anything wrong with it and it's been fine for years. Why change it with only a few months before smash 4 comes out?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No, I don't think that three stocks is a mistake. I don't see anything wrong with it and it's been fine for years. Why change it with only a few months before smash 4 comes out?
Eh, you're probably right. May as well let Smash 4 just put it out of its misery. :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Not exactly what I meant. Just saying if you're going to change how a game is ran, don't do it 6 years into the game after it's worked just fine for that long.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Not exactly what I meant. Just saying if you're going to change how a game is ran, don't do it 6 years into the game after it's worked just fine for that long.
I prefer to look at it as a lost opportunity. You may think it has "worked just fine", but I could not stand the game until this one stock format turned up. Suddenly, I was deeply interested in what the game had to offer. You think #GOML did the wrong thing? They're the ones who are changing it. Not me.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Only reason people noticed was because Mang0 entered. Maybe people would've liked it before having given it a chance.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I... yeah, so many opinions on the whole CRT thing I have. Most know it already though, so won't even bother with that. At least they have the right "conditions" to go forward with such an ordeal.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm free all day till late. So whenever. I can host. Or if there's someone in the salt lake area that would be better for more people then that works too. I'm down to drive wherever.

When would people be free?

Looks like Tane is down to host too, which would probably be better for most.

Last edited:

QraQ

Smash Ace
you guys aren't leaving in anything less than bodybags
i'm gunna be prepared too unlike the last minute nonsense i failed to scrape together last time you guys came
Yo we've been training hard too. Got many more characters for you to worry about. Been working on dat L in Melee too. We may have to do an MM, iunno.

@ Jekyll Jekyll More Luigi dittos?

Last edited:
Top Bottom