• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
this gym leader thing sounds so cool.
"Fox's lightning fast speed and reflector saved me during the second World War. Can you keep up this interstellar animal!?

"You beat me, kid! Take this Blaze Badge and bag of herbs as your proof of victory!"
..but don't tell the cops

worrio, permanently, or for the summer, or what?

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
this gym leader thing sounds so cool.
"Fox's lightning fast speed and reflector saved me during the second World War. Can you keep up this interstellar animal!?

"You beat me, kid! Take this Blaze Badge and bag of herbs as your proof of victory!"
..but don't tell the cops

worrio, permanently, or for the summer, or what?
In response to Tuesday... permenantly... in other words I'm joking

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I've always wondered this Tuesday.

Are you all mighty on Tuesday? If so should we hold a tourney on a Tuesday to see how you do?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The only true infinite grab is ICs (correct me if I'm overlooking something).
Yoshi has an infinite chain grab on Wario, Bowser has an infinite chain grab on Charizard, Ivysaur, Wario, and himself, and D3 has an infinite chain grab on Mario, Luigi, Samus, Yoshi, and DK (maybe more)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I should admit I took that paragraph from reddit and just altered it to fit brawl.

Really though, the number one argument against IC's is that a bunch of people are gonna pack an auditorium at comic con and it'll be lame if the first time they watch the utah smash scene, it's Wario, Rob, and Sonic jumping around and IC's spamming B. Competitively, it's just something to deal with.
Yea. Its gonna be pretty boring to watch.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Hey thanks to everyone who came to my place last night! At one point we had like 15+ people fit into 1 room and the kitchen lol.

Shout outs to all the melee games and players ggs. And shout outs to the 2 brawl players that came

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So here's an update on the Neumont Tournament.

The tournament will take place at Neumont University on Saturday the 26th. So not this Saturday but the next one.

Still working out the other details but so far the tournament is going to start at 12:00pm but venue entrance will start at 10:00am so you guys can come earlier.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
So here's an update on the Neumont Tournament.

The tournament will take place at Neumont University on Saturday the 26th. So not this Saturday but the next one.
What games? I'm down for any but if I can make it then I should practice

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That's where commentaries come in. Supposed to help hype the parts that seem boring to an audience, without doing the coaching thing to the players

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
for anyone that's interested. i'm probably gonna set up a smash/hack fest next week in provo (probably on byu campus). was gonna try to do it this week before finals, but i couldn't find a room, so i'll just reserve a room next week after finals. we'll have crts to play on and set up different stations for melee/brawl/pm. also, if you bring your wii/wii u, we'll show people how to play project m, do usb loading, hack melee (enable c-stick in 1 player mode, show hitboxes/hurtboxes during play, enable salty runbacks, etc.), use brawlbox, and such. i also got a bunch of 2gb sd cards, so i'll have project m ready sd cards available for those who want/need them. if people are interested, please let me know so i can play accordingly. thanks!

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'm sure this has already been answered, but have the vids from the tourney been posted already? If they have can I get a link?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ T Tane are you talking about fanx? if so, you can view them on twitch or download them using twitchtools (i don't like twitch's player so i usually just download them and then view them with my regular media player).

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Staaahp! I need a post-work smash bro :(

Edit: Oh, I think you were joking.
Lol... I was joking in response to Tuesday

I should have made it more obvious :p

Speaking of post work smash bros.... when do you get off work again? I can probably play today. I believe you have my number.... just send me a text if you wanna come over.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Lol... I was joking in response to Tuesday

I should have made it more obvious :p

Speaking of post work smash bros.... when do you get off work again? I can probably play today. I believe you have my number.... just send me a text if you wanna come over.
Just missed this. I have to do my taxes anyways. I get off work any time between 4 and 5 usually.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Can I just mention how ****ing absurd it is that twitch won't let you watch older videos on the mobile app? I wouldn't mind if you could just watch them in your mobile browser but of course you need ****ing flash. -_-

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Just missed this. I have to do my taxes anyways. I get off work any time between 4 and 5 usually.
Well I finish classes at 5. I'll let you know if I won't be too busy... you should also pm me your number because I got a new phone and lost yours.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a smash fest right now with the Albuquerque elite. I'll get all the dirty deets soon ^_^

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If any of them want to talk to me in more detail about it, feel free to pass my info to them. Maybe we can set up regions, like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc :p

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
So the gym leader thing is based off of Pokemon, of course. Here's how Albuquerque smash scene does it. Their top 8 PM players are all "gym leaders". Every tournament, any amateur is allowed to challenge up to 4 gym leaders once a tournament. The gym leader is not allowed to use their main and is allowed to choose up to 2 items to use on any stage but you have to choose 1-2 stages to always play on. The amateur has 5 stocks and the gym leader has 3. Once an amateur beats all 8 gym leaders they get this really cool badge and bragging rights.

It's really cool cause it gets the new players involved and let's them get to know the top players. I think it's a really good idea. We can make our own version of it for any of the smash games.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Haha I switch back to wario after losing with him game 1 against kevin and winning game 2 with MK and Tanes like "Mars frustrates me" haha<3

Last edited:

LRAS

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShinobiShinigami
3DS FC
4124-4990-3749
for anyone that's interested. i'm probably gonna set up a smash/hack fest next week in provo (probably on byu campus). was gonna try to do it this week before finals, but i couldn't find a room, so i'll just reserve a room next week after finals. we'll have crts to play on and set up different stations for melee/brawl/pm. also, if you bring your wii/wii u, we'll show people how to play project m, do usb loading, hack melee (enable c-stick in 1 player mode, show hitboxes/hurtboxes during play, enable salty runbacks, etc.), use brawlbox, and such. i also got a bunch of 2gb sd cards, so i'll have project m ready sd cards available for those who want/need them. if people are interested, please let me know so i can play accordingly. thanks!
I've been dying to meet some other players in Provo so count me in

Top Bottom