• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
if your anywhere near the DI they sell them there for like 5-10$
My experience, never buy a CRT. Too many online floating around for free. Advantage of DI though is having a bunch in front of you and picking the best one.

double post oops

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Could probably just give you the one I have. Going to be going to BenQ monitors for competitive play here probably.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there.

Got nothing to do tomorrow lol.

Everyone bring some dollars to make things interesting :p I'll MM anyone (literally) any game $1 each for funzies, yet seriouslies. If you play DBZ Budokai 3 for the PS2 I'll accept any MM up to $20.

EDIT: Anyone on the way want a ride?
They made sequels? I have the GameCube one. Oh my god that game was awesome.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Fest at my place tomorrow. My place will be open to everyone starting at 3 and will go to about 10

Text or call for questions especially since I won't have internet access most of tomorrow (Unless I get my computer working. (916) 370-3379

My address is 7407 S 700 E, Midvale COME THROUGH THE BACK DOOR!!!!!!!!!

I have two tv's and one setup. So another setup would be great. Again, just let me know

Come EVERYONE!!!
I'll drop in at about 5. I'll bring a Crt and a gamecube with me.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
BenQ? Wassat?
Type of low lag monitor. BenQ is the brand name, like ASUS. I bought two of their newest ones, which I had brought yesterday, but didn't work out since the Wii2HDMIs were crappy knock offs. Getting some new ones and going to try again.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Type of low lag monitor. BenQ is the brand name, like ASUS. I bought two of their newest ones, which I had brought yesterday, but didn't work out since the Wii2HDMIs were crappy knock offs. Getting some new ones and going to try again.
Did you talk details with Ankoku? He has a ton of experience with lagless LCD setup options.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I did. I know what I need to order now, and then we should be good to go and actually, you know, be civilized.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
It's not whether the dog is calm/excited, friendly or not, it's a phobia and completely irrational.

I love dogs, btw. Just big ones in the same room as me inside make me panic. Psychological scars from an attack when I was a kid.
Lol... you and me both man. A dog attacked me and my mom when I was a kid. We were walking in the street and I had a cup of home made fries... this dog started chasing after us and my mom picked me up and started running... all of the fries in my cup spilled out and the dog starting eating them :(. Afterwards we went to the burger king next to us and my mom bought me fries to make up for the loss :)

Then a few years later our neighbor's massive dog started chasing after me and I had to run into my backyard to escape.

I hate dogs that run after me.

But wittle puppies are so cuuuuuuute :love:

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Lol... you and me both man.
Well that's new. lol

For me it was my Uncle's dog. He tore my face and arm up when I approached him too quickly and scared him or something, and I had to go to the hospital. I was like 7, lots of stitches. Big german shepherd.

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I was attacked by a retired military German Shepard and a second German shepherd walking to my friend's house late at night for a sleepover when I was like 12. Luckily I had my massive winter coat on cause it drew blood through that before someone could get the dogs off me.

I'm not really afraid of them though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It wasn't that bad for me but I still don't like dogs...
No offense to pet owners but I will never understand why people love having pets.... I just see them as money sinks
Inb4I'mCruelAndHeartless
Because they're awesome

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
There's a pet for everyone, in my opinion. Yeah, costs money, but you know what, just seeing them really can make one's day all that better.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Again, I love dogs, and I actually really like Huskies and shepherds and labs, I just have panic attacks in certain closed situations.

It's only happened once or twice where I went to go play smash and I had to ask someone to relocate their dogs or I would have to leave for a bit to calm down, but it unfortunately happens... :/

I had a dog for 19 years before she died ;~; she was tiny, though.

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
My experience, never buy a CRT. Too many online floating around for free. Advantage of DI though is having a bunch in front of you and picking the best one.

double post oops
This is true. I found 6 TV's from people of KSL for either free or as low as $10. They all worked great. DI, as funny as it sounds, is overpriced XD.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I was attacked by a retired military German Shepard and a second German shepherd walking to my friend's house late at night for a sleepover when I was like 12. Luckily I had my massive winter coat on cause it drew blood through that before someone could get the dogs off me.

I'm not really afraid of them though.
I'll bet the owner say something like "Oh he's just playing!" I don't dislike any dogs, just some poor owners.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, my daughter is still alive. That's gotta count for something. =]

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Nevermind my fest will start at 3:30 instead of 3. See Y'all Later and text me for Q's

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So looks like Ill prob be there sometime around 4-5, might have a friend with me, not sure yet. He plays competitive Pokemon so if any of you guys play it as well you can bring your game and battle him, he's actually really good (he kicks my ass).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Starts at 4:54

That shield poke on a full shield in the last two seconds. Gotta love it.

Edit: 2nd match was also a shield poke on a full shield to end it. I guess that's just the way it is.

Anyways, just wanted to give a shoutout to zeros and pwny for their commentary. Entertaining and informative, good stuff guys

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Starts at 4:54

That shield poke on a full shield in the last two seconds. Gotta love it.

Edit: 2nd match was also a shield poke on a full shield to end it. I guess that's just the way it is.

Anyways, just wanted to give a shoutout to zeros and pwny for their commentary. Entertaining and informative, good stuff guys
That set was so intense and yea that was really unlucky. I think you should have pulled a nade and just held it.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey MaskedEpsilon, if you don't like the name Bill Nye the Samus Guy, I thought of a new name for you: Macho Man Randy Samus.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Fantastic. Someone actually lives in my area. I can avoid the freeway for once.
RJ also lives really close to you, and he's been hosting Smashfests (after 6 PM, which fits your schedule) a bunch when you were MIA.
He is literally harmless and loves people. However, I understand. If he made you uncomfortable, I would just send him out back. Still, I think you'd like him. He's not *huge* by any means.

Sometimes he loves people a little TOO much... LOL
BTW, for those that don't know, his name is Link, which is pretty awesome, though. XD

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That set was so intense and yea that was really unlucky. I think you should have pulled a nade and just held it.
Yeah that would have been the best option, but I didn't think it was necessary knowing I had a full shield. I figured I'd be fine just holding it for the last second and was ready to spot dodge his crappy grab which should have been the only thing that could hit me. But I guess I'll plan on doing what I can to avoid being in my shield in that situation next time.

Looks like I'm going to have to start playing against you and Devon with timeouts in mind as well as devise strategies of how to handle the match depending on the amount of time left. Normally I don't bother about percents because snake lives so freaking long and I can win regardless of percent. But time played a stupid amount of importance in both the sets I lost.

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Hey everyone! We are so glad that the tournament on Saturday went so well. I had a lot of people come up and talk to me about how much fun they had and I'm very happy to hear it.

But, we know there were probably some things that could use some improving. So let us know!

We made up this short survey that will help us decide how to run future tournaments at FanXperience and Salt Lake Comic Con. There is opportunity for you to tell us what you did and did not like at the tournament. (Three responses have come in and people didn't seem happy about chain grabs being allowed. :/ )

Follow this link to the survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-hfr1l0rnOwB7tZYPPF9pnGe2ABCBLs-SQ5ASEMUggs/viewform

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom