• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'm planning for Melee, PM, and Brawl but in order for this to work... people need to show up on time

Last edited:

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
Oh man I haven't been on here in a while XD tourney was fun as always. @ net1234 net1234 I was hoping I'd fight you in bracket it would've been a fight for the ages.

Also was all of the stream recorded and if so where might I find it? I had a really good match on there and I'm hoping I can look back and watch it again. Had a blast! I'm definitely going to do everything I can to make it to Salt Fest and get even more practice! :D

net1234

Smash Ace
Oh man I haven't been on here in a while XD tourney was fun as always. @ net1234 net1234 I was hoping I'd fight you in bracket it would've been a fight for the ages.

Also was all of the stream recorded and if so where might I find it? I had a really good match on there and I'm hoping I can look back and watch it again. Had a blast! I'm definitely going to do everything I can to make it to Salt Fest and get even more practice! :D
http://www.twitch.tv/aisight
i was bummed out! how did you end up doing?

net1234

Smash Ace
Oh thanks! :D I choked so bad XD lost to Rockmix who beat me last tournament, though I feel like I did a lot better this time. Then I choked big time and lost to a Samus
i lost to a samus too :(. if you ever forward throw a samus they will always jump out of it. thats all i learned about samus today xD

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
i lost to a samus too :(. if you ever forward throw a samus they will always jump out of it. thats all i learned about samus today xD
Well any amount of info is good info XD I learned I need better kill moves because that Samus recovery is mean when you play a Roy

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Best. Ran. Tournament. Ever. Seriously, you all need to give props to Utah 3DS Streetpass for being so awesome with this one. They are very organized, and had everything going as it should be, and in working with them I know what to do more in the future to make things all the more smoother. But until then, check them out at www.utah3ds.com

Also, sorry about my PM setups. Issues, yay, but will be resolved and we'll have that going again at Salt Fest on the friendlies area (so that you all can see the virtually no lag of those BenQ tournament monitors).

Anyway, you'll have to give me a couple of days to get bracket info up from the tournament. I've got a whole lot of stuff going on until Wednesday that needs to be taken care of first.

Also, thanks Zankoku for coming out and streaming the competition. We'll need to get more Peach jousting in some time :)

@ZzShy: It's plausible, but you'll have to deal with day of sign-ups. I'll work something about it, just send me a message with details needed.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Day of sign ups is fine by me, just lemme know what info you need and I'll give it to you asap.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ Remioli Remioli I can't do fridays... it'll most likely be a saturday. A lot of students get out of school at 5-7 and there just isn't enough time at the point for a 3 event tournament.

@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi That's how we did it last time and that's how we're doing it again..

At everyone:
The nice thing is that this time I'm the TO so I can work directly with you guys to make sure the tournament will be a success. I'm still working on the dates... I'll try to get something approved by Tuesday... the day.... not @ Tuesday Tuesday Kappa

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea big shout outs to 3DS Street pass you guys are awesome. Between them and Tsu, it was probably the best tournament I've ever went too. Ran on time, had amazing food, ton of people, giveaways, streamed, and was a ton of fun.

Shout outs to Ankoku just coming and streaming out of nowhere haha

Also there was some good commentary this time. Zeros, Pwny, Tane, Rockmix,Ben all did a good job.

Shout outs to the Melee players not showing up.

Zally

Smash Rookie
hells yeah bug me and you'll have two more people at tournaments/friendlies because i'll force my brother, Kaffelon, to go

our first time playing with people other than our friends was at the tournament yesterday so we'll need more practice

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I had a family gig yesterday, but I anticipate attending Salt Fest.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
how the finger
Still hurts. Took off the splint because it was bruising my knuckle, but pressure still hurts it. I think I'm going to start practicing with my middle finger on the left trigger since it's possible my index finger won't be 100% anytime soon. :-/

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Still hurts. Took off the splint because it was bruising my knuckle, but pressure still hurts it. I think I'm going to start practicing with my middle finger on the left trigger since it's possible my index finger won't be 100% anytime soon. :-/
hows the family

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody I recognize a few names from my first tourney yesterday. It was a super great a experience and just wanted to start attending anymore smashfests or anything anybody has going on. Just wanna play smash really. Not sure on how exactly to keep up with everything, but hopefully this thread will help.

(changed my ID from Angst to RVKYS. pronounced ruckus. I was the black samus who ended up about 9th.)

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Pretty much anything that goes on in Utah will be announced here.... we also usually link to facebook pages and stuff for events here.

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
ok great. smash is so sick. pretty hyped on the tournament still yesterday. smashfests and stuff will be posted here? and is there like a facebook group or smashboards group that I could join? or is this thread the best place?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ok great. smash is so sick. pretty hyped on the tournament still yesterday. smashfests and stuff will be posted here? and is there like a facebook group or smashboards group that I could join? or is this thread the best place?
This is the place.

Top Bottom