• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, random night off due to power outage in Sandy (pole fire, knocked out the whole arcade plus about 2,300 other people). Going to try and work on results and what not. I don't have information as to who won prizes, just tournament info.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Anyone down for a fest at my place tomorrow? I can start at around 3 and can go till 10. Any game

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could but I work mondays so tomorrow would be hard for me. down for something this weeknd tho

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You'll just have to make it to the next big one :) (I know you're not planning for Salt Fest due to the Sunday thing, just referring to the one after that, maybe June)

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
At least I'll play melee and PM at salt fest. Is the june one you're talking about a gamer's abbey tourney?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Potentially. Have to figure out what I'll be doing with work here by the end of April, so I should know probably first week of May what I can pull off. Hoping something up in SLC area this time, if not it'll be the same venue as last time.

If anything, could also probably just use Kafeneio's. It's nice and right off the freeway, and I should be able to do a lot more about equipment around that time.

toolazytoeditsodoublepostaerodromefixit

Last edited by a moderator:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Ok. Fest at my place tomorrow. My place will be open to everyone starting at 3 and will go to about 10

Text or call for questions especially since I won't have internet access most of tomorrow (Unless I get my computer working. (916) 370-3379

My address is 7407 S 700 E, Midvale COME THROUGH THE BACK DOOR!!!!!!!!!

I have two tv's and one setup. So another setup would be great. Again, just let me know

Come EVERYONE!!!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ok. Fest at my place tomorrow. My place will be open to everyone starting at 3 and will go to about 10

Text or call for questions especially since I won't have internet access most of tomorrow (Unless I get my computer working. (916) 370-3379

I have two tv's and one setup. So another setup would be great. Again, just let me know

Come EVERYONE!!!
Fantastic. Someone actually lives in my area. I can avoid the freeway for once.

Sadly, again, I cannot come until 6 or 7. I work until 5 as it is. I don't get home until about 5:30.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Come EVERYONE!!!
I might come to this, its really close to me actually lol (so long as there's Brawl), but I will probably not show up until like 5ish at the earliest. Roughly how many set ups (and people) do you think you have space for?

Fantastic. Someone actually lives in my area. I can avoid the freeway for once.
I literally live like 5 mins from you lol

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I always forget who lives where. I do remember now that you live nearby. That's what I get for entering the scene for two months and exiting for twelve. XD

Tuesday

Smash Ace

Come EVERYONE!!!
I'll be there.

Got nothing to do tomorrow lol.

Everyone bring some dollars to make things interesting :p I'll MM anyone (literally) any game $1 each for funzies, yet seriouslies. If you play DBZ Budokai 3 for the PS2 I'll accept any MM up to $20.

EDIT: Anyone on the way want a ride?

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm willing to host smashfests whenever too. You must love Siberian huskies to visit my house.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude Ill bring PSA and you can MM random people in that game! Nobody but me plays it so it'll be a level playing field!

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm willing to host smashfests whenever too. You must love Siberian huskies to visit my house.
OK, I'm not joking and please make fun of me if you want, but I'm absolutely serious. I'm irrationally afraid of big dogs, so that's not ok with me if they're big. I'll have to insist they stay in another room or something.

Dude Ill bring PSA and you can MM random people in that game! Nobody but me plays it so it'll be a level playing field!
Down. Never played, but I find noob matches in games very hype if there's money on the line.

net1234

Smash Ace
OK, I'm not joking and please make fun of me if you want, but I'm absolutely serious. I'm irrationally afraid of big dogs, so that's not ok with me if they're big. I'll have to insist they stay in another room or something.
they can smell your fear

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I might come to this, its really close to me actually lol (so long as there's Brawl), but I will probably not show up until like 5ish at the earliest. Roughly how many set ups (and people) do you think you have space for?

I think 3 setups and up to 10 would be the ideal to be comfortable at my place, but we can always make adjustments. Are you gonna bring anything? That'd be sweet

I'm totally cool with people not coming till 5 cuz of work btw

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
He is literally harmless and loves people. However, I understand. If he made you uncomfortable, I would just send him out back. Still, I think you'd like him. He's not *huge* by any means.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
It's not whether the dog is calm/excited, friendly or not, it's a phobia and completely irrational.

I love dogs, btw. Just big ones in the same room as me inside make me panic. Psychological scars from an attack when I was a kid.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's not whether the dog is calm/excited, friendly or not, it's a phobia and completely irrational.

I love dogs, btw. Just big ones in the same room as me inside make me panic. Psychological scars from an attack when I was a kid.
That's fine. Come smash sometime. =]

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm going onto KSL to find another CRT TV. Some of you may remember my failure last year: super heavy, and the blasted component video did not work (restricting me to laggy A/V slots). I went to buy one from a guy in town a couple days ago, and I took my Wii with me. Once again, the component video did not work. I'm willing to settle on standard A/V plugs if there is no lag, but man! Why are component video plugs the first things to die on aging CRTs? The seller had no idea they even went bad!

net1234

Smash Ace
I'm going onto KSL to find another CRT TV. Some of you may remember my failure last year: super heavy, and the blasted component video did not work (restricting me to laggy A/V slots). I went to buy one from a guy in town a couple days ago, and I took my Wii with me. Once again, the component video did not work. I'm willing to settle on standard A/V plugs if there is no lag, but man! Why are component video plugs the first things to die on aging CRTs? The seller had no idea they even went bad!
if your anywhere near the DI they sell them there for like 5-10$

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
if your anywhere near the DI they sell them there for like 5-10$
I live across the street from DI. XD

But I'm checking all my options. The ones I find on KSL go for about that price anyway.

Top Bottom