• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i tuned into your stream for a bit and i had no idea who/what i was watching

i saw a DK vs MK project M thing and I watched the DK fast fall through smashville platform after up b'ing and dying and i was like...

so I'll just cosign to what Superw0rri0 said because i agree with him (i know I'm late plz understand)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Most people know and call you by PC instead of perfect chaos anyways, which explains why I didn't even think twice about putting PC instead of perfect chaos. My bad.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Shouts:

Yaz: Good seeing ya buddy. GGs and keep at it, son.
Thinh: Shoulda came over sometime while I was there. Also Tec0 found it extremely crazy that you got me into smash lol.
Mexis: Good seeing you guys again. Play a real game and get better.
Tomacawk: GGs dude. You also shoulda came and played while I was there lol. You're on track to be pretty good if want it bad enough.
Idaho: GGs as well. Watching that final game of P:M was pretty saddening lol, but I guess I didn't do too shabby for never playing version 3.w/e it is. You guys are legit.
Ken and Wang: Always a pleasure =]
Tsu: Well run tourney, sir.
Everyone else I played: GGs. Hope I helped and what not. It was a fun tourney.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090

IT'S TIME TO REGISTER!

Click this link to go to the Salt Lake Comic Con website to register for the FanX Super Smash Bros. Tournament: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

Thank you for your patience as we worked on getting this up. We're excited to be putting this on. Only 19 days left, so get practicing!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Also - Not sure who is in charge of the thread, but could we possibly change it to say that the next tournament is on April 12th? Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

AMM0

Smash Rookie
Yo, finally got around to making an account and joining you guys :D
Anyways shout outs to tsuteto for throwing an excellent tourney had fun playing everyone, turnout and friendlies were great

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!

IT'S TIME TO REGISTER!

Click this link to go to the Salt Lake Comic Con website to register for the FanX Super Smash Bros. Tournament: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

Thank you for your patience as we worked on getting this up. We're excited to be putting this on. Only 19 days left, so get practicing!

Also - Not sure who is in charge of the thread, but could we possibly change it to say that the next tournament is on April 12th? Thanks! :D
Do we have to register for comic con as well or can we just show up and pay entry fee.

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
I would absolutely love to get in to commentating, though I'm not sure how good I would be at it XD

Also! I'm gonna do more specific shoutouts because I didn't get around to it before my internet was shut off DX

@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Thank you for all the Roy tips, it was awesome finding out you've played against Ripple. I'll take any advice I can get 'cause it's kind of hard to come by with Roy and it is much appreciated to hear it from somebody who played one of the greats. Also I'll totally post more I promise XD I'm definitely going to keep practicing and coming to more tournaments.

@Tuesday Thank you so much for the late night friendlies for like the last couple hours I was there, it was awesome! You absolutely stomped me with IC's, but I'm getting a better feel for a lot of different characters thanks to you :)

@net1234 Our friendlies were the best! I loved the Roy dittos in PM and that bit of melee towards the end there. Your Marth really had me on my toes.

Also any Falco mains that I fought against...damn o.o I want to fight a Falco main and a Fox main and just literally smash with them for hours so I don't get absolutely bodied. Space animals are my worst nightmare.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I feel like making sigs tonight...

Anyone want to make a request for a sig that they want? I'll be more than happy to make it for them.

In the meantime I'll be working on a sig for myself.

Tomacawk

Smash Master

IT'S TIME TO REGISTER!

question--I know I said I would pre-register to help show guaranteed attendance, but the middleman charging "convenience" fees really turns me off. Can we register at the event? If we can, does it create problems with you that basically all of us are going to do that as it is the cheaper option?

also, ammo+shylock-nice to see you guys posting! I already know who both of you are, and I know I had met ammo before but couldn't remember him. helps a lot when you show yourselves online and you're not just a face I saw with no associated identity :)

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Do we have to register for comic con as well or can we just show up and pay entry fee.
Payment needs to be done on the SLCC website as we don't plan to accept payment at the event. This will help us to get everything we need ordered and organized (like food :D)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Payment needs to be done on the SLCC website as we don't plan to accept payment at the event. This will help us to get everything we need ordered and organized (like food :D)
just so you know, i expect attendance to be affected by not allowing anybody to register at the event. if there's no way to circumvent that, then I guess it can't be helped. salt fest is the biggest tournament we have and my understanding is a lot of regular players who will certainly be attending still haven't pre-registered (it's in may). Anyways, I'll get around to registering before the end of the week, hopefully. money is very tight right now.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
just so you know, i expect attendance to be affected by not allowing anybody to register at the event. if there's no way to circumvent that, then I guess it can't be helped. salt fest is the biggest tournament we have and my understanding is a lot of regular players who will certainly be attending still haven't pre-registered (it's in may). Anyways, I'll get around to registering before the end of the week, hopefully. money is very tight right now.
It is a bummer that there is a convenience/service/crap fee attached on (I really found out about this when you all did) but at this point there probably isn't much we can do. But, to make up for it, we'll be doing our best to put on a great tournament, including personalized lanyards, free giveaways, food for players - all this and more included in the entrance fee. This is why we currently have no plans to accept payment at the event so that we can make all these things possible for you guys.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
no problem. I wasn't baiting apologies or anything, I saw your other post and understand they snuck it past you lol. Just wanted to let you know that if it's possible, allowing in-person registering would probably boost attendance. you could charge a little bit more (+$5 or so, assuming this is more than the convenience fee that i haven't looked at yet), too, as it is a big issue for you guys to be able to prepare with an accurate turnout expectation. maybe even prepare a different badge for the people who registered the day-of that indicates to people that they should be denied the food and other bonuses you prepare for the properly-registered players. just an idea. ultimately, i don't know what limitations you deal with and i fully believe that you guys are invested in making this a great experience for us.

also, it would be greatly appreciated if you could make some food accommodations for vegetarians/vegans. There are tons of awesome dishes that will appeal to meat eaters despite having no animal products. PM me if you want some recommendations. If it's a problem or too difficult, don't worry about it. I'm used to not being accommodated and I certainly don't expect people to go out of their way to help me for something that is my choice. But that won't stop me from asking :)

i dont think this was mentioned but the camera really ought to be on the players rather than commentators if we only have 1. also, I have streamed a bit in dota and have experience with obs + xsplit. i can handle layouts and editing text to reflect the matches at hand.
think everything else was covered

Last edited by a moderator:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
YES! MAKE ME A SIG PLS b0ss add me on skype: batterypwn
I just remembered I don't have a mouse right now so I'll be doing it tomorrow. :(

Just send me a pm of what you want

Edit:
Customized lanyards????!?!??! I'm missing out... I've always wanted a lanyard with my name on it. And before anyone suggest I can make my own... it's not as special as getting one for an event.

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
no problem. I wasn't baiting apologies or anything, I saw your other post and understand they snuck it past you lol. Just wanted to let you know that if it's possible, allowing in-person registering would probably boost attendance. you could charge a little bit more (+$5 or so, assuming this is more than the convenience fee that i haven't looked at yet), too, as it is a big issue for you guys to be able to prepare with an accurate turnout expectation. maybe even prepare a different badge for the people who registered the day-of that indicates to people that they should be denied the food and other bonuses you prepare for the properly-registered players. just an idea. ultimately, i don't know what limitations you deal with and i fully believe that you guys are invested in making this a great experience for us.

also, it would be greatly appreciated if you could make some food accommodations for vegetarians/vegans. There are tons of awesome dishes that will appeal to meat eaters despite having no animal products. PM me if you want some recommendations. If it's a problem or too difficult, don't worry about it. I'm used to not being accommodated and I certainly don't expect people to go out of their way to help me for something that is my choice. But that won't stop me from asking :)
Thanks for all the feedback and questions, especially about onsite registration. I'm trying to figure out if we can make it work so it's good to hear feedback.

About food - we have already considered getting some veggie pizzas. I am not a vegetarian, so do you think those who are would be satisfied with that? I don't want to assume it would be.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Thanks for all the feedback and questions, especially about onsite registration. I'm trying to figure out if we can make it work so it's good to hear feedback.

About food - we have already considered getting some veggie pizzas. I am not a vegetarian, so do you think those who are would be satisfied with that? I don't want to assume it would be.
well as far as I know I'm the only vegan/vegetarian around and a veggie pizza wouldn't work for me unless it was actually cheeseless (or using non-dairy cheese), and I actually don't like veggie pizza (despite liking all of the toppings separately lol)
i don't think the demand in the area is enough to warrant making any accommodations, but if other people speak up about it then it may be worth considering

also, do any of you guys use twitter? I'm @ Tomacawk Tomacawk .

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
well as far as I know I'm the only vegan/vegetarian around and a veggie pizza wouldn't work for me unless it was actually cheeseless (or using non-dairy cheese), and I actually don't like veggie pizza (despite liking all of the toppings separately lol)
i don't think the demand in the area is enough to warrant making any accommodations, but if other people speak up about it then it may be worth considering

also, do any of you guys use twitter? I'm @ Tomacawk Tomacawk .
Thanks for the input on the veggie pizza.

Personally, yes, I use Twitter - @Chris_Utah3DS. Our StreetPass group is @Utah3DS.

Snap.

Smash Apprentice

Personally, yes, I use Twitter - @Chris_Utah3DS. Our StreetPass group is @Utah3DS.
I sent somebody an email about this earlier, but do you think it's possible for some people to bring some PM setups for friendlies on the side?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Long post results and stuff time.

Brawl Doubles
1: Alpha Kenny Buddy (Yaz + Kenny)
2: **** McGee (Lada + X)
3: Team 1 (Mars + Devon)
4: Illegal Brilliance (Wangston + Staz)
5: Team Minority (Colus + Rocky)
5: The Marshmallows of Beauty (Final + RJ)
7: Doge Team (Ammon + Daniel)
7: Strangers (Jonah + Micah)
9: Chibi (HIV + Guzman)
9: Destined Brilliance (I See + Espur)
Bracket -

Brawl Singles
1: Lada
2: X
3: Kenny
4: Yaz
5: DeathArcana
5: Staz
7: Gkirbz
7: I see
9: Wangston
9: Staz
11: Ammon
11: Berd
11: Daniel
11: Final
15: Rockmix
15: Dragoomba
15: HIV+
15: Shiro
19: Todpunk
19: Guzman
19: WestinBestin
19: Remi
23: Jonah
Bracket:

Melee Doubles
1: Team 2 (C!Z + Yaz)
2: Godly Mustard (PC + Tomacawk)
3: Rabid QraQle (QraQ + Jack)
4: **** McGee (Lada + X)
5: Luigi on Ice (Jekyll + Tuesday)
5: West Money (J$ + WestinBestin)
7: New Sun (shylock + hatch)
Bracket -

Melee Singles
1: C!Z
2: Yaz
3: Tomacawk
4: RabidJackal
5: Jekyll
5: Meleeruler
7: PC
7: J$
9: Roguay
9: Tuesday
9: Apples
9: QraQ
13: Micah
13: Rockmix
13: Ammo
13: ChukWaffles
17: Kelli
17: Final
17: Alkemyst
17: Shylock
17: WestinBestin
17: Michael
17: Cole
17: Troz
25: Marcus
25: DeathArcana
25: Ben2
25: Hatch
25: Skullkid
25: Reagan
25: PumpkinKing
25: Iasom
33: Burn
33: PoopHandler
33: Shiro
33: Level9 | Support
37: Two Johns
Bracket -

Project M Doubles
1: QraQ Money (J$ - QraQ)
2: Godly Mustard (PC + Tomacawk)
3: MuthaFoxinGanstaKirby (Sinz + Kenny)
4: **** McGee (Lada + X)
5: Team Demons of Manliness (Kei + Snap)
5: BeesKnees (WestinBestin + Jack)
7: Just Randomness (Bryan + Rob)
7: Robust Canadians (Reagan + Senpai)
Bracket -

Project M Singles
1: RabidJackal ($204.00)
2: C!Z ($102.00)
3: QraQ ($34.00)
4: Jekyll
5: Meleeruler
5: J$
7: PC
7: Baky
9: X
9: Kenny
9: Sinz
9: Reagan
13: Snap
13: Final
13: yaz
13: WestinBestin
17: Flaz
17: Gkirbz
17: Dragoomba
17: Ben
17: Captain Crunch
17: Shylock
17: AETH
17: Tweek
25: DOC!
25: Shiro
25: Iasom
25: Kei
25: WAFL
25: Fobs
25: Budz
25: The Riot!
33: ChukWaffles
33: Soap
Bracket -

Brawl Singles has a slight custom bracket due to my negligence of including Kenny and Yaz and that occuring halfway through, blargh. Let me know if links don't work, as this is straight to my Dropbox account and not sure how that works and stuff.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, will need to fix bracket links. Too tired right now, will do tomorrow.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Since we are on twitter follow me pls at @Warchamp7
Wow, What An Ailias, Buddy. WARCHAMP, Huh? I Doubvt Any One Whom Has Been To War And Fought For Your Freedom Would Be Proud To Call Themselfs WARCHAMP. Especally After Ptsd From The Fire Fights.People Like Yourself That Over Glorify War Make Kids Viloent And Are Part Of The Problem . War Is Not Beatiful And The Only WARCHAMPs Were Gladitators.

The Fact That There Were 6 WARCHAMPs Before I Came Across U As The 7th Is Disgusting

QraQ

Smash Ace
Shoutouts from ?Qrominic?:

@ Ken Neth Ken Neth Thanks once again for the housing. You showed so much hospitality to myself and the other Idahomies. You're ridiculously legit at PM for playing it as long as you have. I'm scared to see how much our Squirt will evolve next time we play.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Tim, you throw an amazing tournament. All the support you gave to the Idaho players and others in the community will not be forgotten. You're one of the nicest TOs I've met; which is saying a lot. I enjoyed our friendlies and seeing all that Zelda technology you threw at me. I speak for all the Idahomies when I say you're a value to the Smash community as a whole.

@ C C!Z Dude, you are ridiculously legit. You definitely showed the skill gap between us and made me want to fight harder to reach your level.

@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Yo, talk about the cool peeps you meet out of state. You are funny as hell and represent hard in smash. I see you reaching that next tier of play you talked about very soon. I love the transformation you did at your place when we decided to "enhance our perceptions". You are the reason I'm going to train harder @ melee. I'd like to see you get into PM more but I'd understand if you didn't. Either way, you're a pretty tight person. P.S. Thanks for all the muscle comments, my ego fuels my play! lol

@wangston You and Ken Neth surprised me hard with the avatar mind games! Just like Ken Neth, you showed mad respect to us Idaho people, to which we appreciate greatly. Jiggs is so unrepresented in PM, I was glad to see someone showing that she still has mad strength. You were a funny dude who always made sure we were entertained.

@Yoshi This guy deserves a medal for awesome.

@Jekyll YO, never in my life have I had such legit Luigi dittos. The loser priority Mr. L was hilarious. Black Luigi players dominate the L game imo. I have so much respect for you, even with those disrespectful D-taunts -.-. The title to our set should be "Ouch" >=]

@PerfectChaos Man I don't play good Sheiks ever, you made me remember how much to fear them. Your team presence is amazing and you rock hard in the neutral game. I'd like to play your Sonic more in PM when we get the chance.

@ Sinz Sinz The SD johns are REAL. Lucas scares me, but you're Lucas scares the **** outta me lol. I liked listening to your opinions on PM and smash as a whole.

@ Baky Baky Freaky how close our backgrounds are. I want to see you pick up PM more and have a larger presence in your community. You Rob was tight and could go a long way. Prove me wrong for doubting his legitimacy as a character.

Sorry if I missed anyone. This tournament was so influential to me. I enjoyed every last part of it, even the losses. My only regret is that we did not get to do that Idaho vs Utah crew battle. How ridiculously hype would that of been. I'm glad we got a lot of respect from you guys. Even though we were met with doubt of our skill level, it meant a lot for you guys to recognize us as legitimate players. More than you know.

We came and rocked PM this time, but I see it being much harder next.

Until that time, keep doing what you do Utah, you're pretty great.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to all of Utah for the amazing hospitality and godlike tournament. I choked in Project M big time, but hurray for convenient Marvel tourney that happened to be 45 minutes away to make up for my subpar performance (HUGE thanks to Mars for letting me know about the tournament after overhearing him talk about Marvel, then giving me a ride there, I hella appreciate it). In all, this weekend was amazing for me and the rest of the Idaho crew. Huge shoutouts to Chris for the amazing event, especially always being helpful with answering my questions during the tournament (also seeding Idaho away from each other). Shoutouts to Kenneth and crew for the generous housing (as well as the mass supply of pizza too). Also shoutouts to Tomacawk for hosting us the Sunday after as well as bodying me in Melee and for just being a cool dude.

Most of this thread seems to be talking about commentary issues so I'd like to offer some advice.

1) The main problem was the location of the commentary station. It being that close to the streamed setup is sure to cause distractions no matter how good or professional the commentary is. My apologies if my commentary was quiet or boring, I tried to make it so the players could hear as little of me as possible and focus on their match.

2) I also believe player cam should be prioritized over a commentator cam. I feel the viewers should be more immersed into the match, including the players' different expressions and reactions rather than the commentators' constant faces, which could also prove to be distracting to the commentators themselves.

In the end it was just too commentator-centric; the players always heard the commentators and the viewers always saw the commentators. I can understand why people got upset when those who knew nothing about the games were constantly on the stream.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308

I know I already asked this, but do you have any estimate of how long the tourney will go if it caps? I'm just asking again in case you have more info than you did a month ago

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
I know I already asked this, but do you have any estimate of how long the tourney will go if it caps? I'm just asking again in case you have more info than you did a month ago
Still hard to say, but we've been able to secure a lot of set-ups thanks to @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , and there seem to be a good amount of people willing to bring an extra set-up. At this point, it all depends on how many people sign up. Still a rough estimate, but we're thinking 6:00 PM, and we'll try to do what we can so it doesn't go into the wee hours of the night ;)

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Still hard to say, but we've been able to secure a lot of set-ups thanks to @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , and there seem to be a good amount of people willing to bring an extra set-up. At this point, it all depends on how many people sign up. Still a rough estimate, but we're thinking 6:00 PM, and we'll try to do what we can so it doesn't go into the wee hours of the night ;)
Some of us live on campus and it wouldn't require much effort for us to bring a setup to the venue. What Snap and I are wondering, however, is whether or not we can bring a setup for Project Melee friendlies for players to play on the side before/after/between tourney matches.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Kenny, Mars for dubz, Sinz, Wang with the right people, Zz in brawl, Tuesday and Sinz for melee, basically sinz for everything.

Man I'm getting hype for the stream hahaha

Sinz you play dota 2 don't you? Who else plays dota2?
me and sinz are the most active dota players. superwario and adlp play as well but they are more casual

Top Bottom