• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
well you're rarely on when I play and I play 20-30 hours a week, plus your MMR reflects that you are not a die hard dota player
lol didn't know that was such a controversial thing to say but i guess you know you better than me
Lol I'm just messing with ya... I haven't played a moba in a while. I've been too busy with school + melee + speed running volgarr the viking + finishing random games that I'm playing casually + watching melee tourneys and speed runs on twitch

That and for the last month dota 2 has been off my computer because my external hard drive died on me and i didn't have space for
BUT
I have an external hard drive now and funny thing is I'm installing dota 2 right now :p

EDIT:
Almost forgot
@ Meleeruler Meleeruler
I'm uploading your match with Sinz right now

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
well you're rarely on when I play and I play 20-30 hours a week, plus your MMR reflects that you are not a die hard dota player
lol didn't know that was such a controversial thing to say but i guess you know you better than me
im not as hardcore as id like to be between smash, cs:go, hearthstone, dota, sc2, etc.

still i love the esport more than all the others and am planning on going to TI4 again this year. TI3 was way fun even though i went by myself.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
im not as hardcore as id like to be between smash, cs:go, hearthstone, dota, sc2, etc.

still i love the esport more than all the others and am planning on going to TI4 again this year. TI3 was way fun even though i went by myself.
what? you went to ti3? did you drive or fly?

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
UPDATE TO REGISTRATION AND FEES FOR FANX TOURNAMENT:

After a day of registration being live, we've realized two things - Registration was a little confusing, and that there were added fee's that potential attendees didn't know about. Well, we've fixed both.

Click the link below for a smoother registration process. We've also lowered the price of the entrance fees by $5.00 for each tournament, making it closer to the original price we originally told people.

If you still have questions about registration or fees, please leave us a comment, or send an email to chris.b@slcomiccon.com. Thanks everyone!

http://www.utah3ds.com/2014/03/registration-open-for-fanx-super-smash.html

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Awwww the first match got cut off.
Ya... you guys started quite fast so I missed like the first 10 seconds but the rest is there.

wait what... ok so yt cut off the last 7 minutes.... I'll re-upload in two parts. It's 17min long and yt is only letting me upload 10min.
Would have been nice if it told me :ohwell:

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
what? you went to ti3? did you drive or fly?
i flew from las vegas and then stayed at some random dude's apartment in the city. rented a room from him at AirBnB.com for cheap and it was p chill.

overall my expenses were about $450, including my TI3 ticket, excluding merch.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
@ Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune

What time does your fest start and end. I have work from 12-9 unfortunately but I would love to at least come for a little before or after to play with ya one last time

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tourney, Tsu. A pity we never got in that MM.

@ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward I was the Marth you played. GGs.
GGs indeed! (always the late response from me sadly)

I want to play you again sometime!!

@ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward Thanks, dude. :) those friendlies were super fun, man.
Heck yes they were XD Thanks for playing me for so long haha

Also any Falco mains that I fought against...damn o.o I want to fight a Falco main and a Fox main and just literally smash with them for hours so I don't get absolutely bodied. Space animals are my worst nightmare.
I hate falco so much... he just destroys me with wild abandon. powershields are so hard.

Melee Doubles

7: New Sun (shylock + hatch)
Last place. was a blast anyways lol doubles are hard with 2 swordsmen :/

Melee Singles

25: Hatch
I did rather well I think. I'm proud of my ranking regardless :)

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ok, I've got something interesting to propose for next tourney, @I See.

$1 MM. Whoever wins at least 2/3 events:

1) Brawl, but I'm allowed 1 character ban after game 1, you choose the stages.

2) Melee, you choose the MU (any char all 3 games), I choose the stages.

3) YGO, Bo3, normal rules, 15 card side.

What say ye?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Ok, I've got something interesting to propose for next tourney, @I See.

$1 MM. Whoever wins at least 2/3 events:

1) Brawl, but I'm allowed 1 character ban after game 1, you choose the stages.

2) Melee, you choose the MU (any char all 3 games), I choose the stages.

3) YGO, Bo3, normal rules, 15 card side.

What say ye?
A best-of-3 that each consists of best-of-3's, and it's only for a dollar? Talk about cheap and a waste of time. Might as well make it at least $5 or something.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
A best-of-3 that each consists of best-of-3's, and it's only for a dollar? Talk about cheap and a waste of time. Might as well make it at least $5 or something.
lol it's not about the money, I just thought it would be fun. The dollar just gives it a stake, so we both take it seriously.

It's up to Samson, though. I personally am pretty strapped for cash, but I'd do any quantity he wants.

Also, if anyone else has a fun suggestion like that, I'm down for whatever. The 3 events have to be somewhat interesting, though. It can't be a game I've never played, or haven't the means to play, like Magic the Gathering or something.

I did this once with a friend of mine in high school. We bet $50 on what we called a "challenge of strength, skill, and intelligence." He was on the basketball team with me and it started out as a bet on a game of 1 on 1, but we made it a 2/3 series of basketball, billiards, and chess. Then it was arm wrestling, darts, and reversi with another friend. It was a lot of fun.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@ Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune

What time does your fest start and end. I have work from 12-9 unfortunately but I would love to at least come for a little before or after to play with ya one last time
I need to talk to Devon because he booked the day at Kafeino, but I was thinking of starting it around 10 or 11. I'll keep you updated for sure though.

Man that thing Tuesday offered sounds supper fun. I'd do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Seph, we should see if we can stream that fest.

Double post because **** you:

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto have you uploaded any of your tourney on YouTube yet?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's in progress. I've had to download the files so that we can do edits. For the more annoying parts of the stream perhaps we can just cut the sound and overlay music. If you want to watch any part though, it is permanently archived on my Twitch channel though

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
Hey all, been real busy with stand-up the last few days and haven't got a chance to post.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto What an awesome tourney man. I was blown away after the last few tourneys, I would pay that money to have a tourney that nice any day.
@C!Z Thanks for kicking my ass in friendlies for a few hours at the fest. I keep re-watching your stream footage and you make Marth look like a character with good recovery.
@Sexy Yaz Ur sexy as always. Thanks for the shoutout. I hear you party. We should party.
@ Devon I'll MM you in melee EVENTUALLY. lol.
@Rj Tu esta en me corazon
@Greasey-haired middle part girl Thank you for the long bouts of silence, chewing into the mic, introducing Rockmix as "another asian guy", and letting us know when a character died. Truly we need this kind of hype building at every tourney.

Last edited:

QraQ

Smash Ace
Wasn't her fault, was ours. The commentator seat was empty, and she had fun.
Any empty seat does not mean anyone should fill it. She can not know about the game and still commentate as long as she does not take away focus from the game or topics related to the game.
Last I remember she was talking about her dating record with smashers or something along those lines. Like really who cares? I think women more so need to be careful of their streaming etiquette due to our already male centric view on video games. If anything, she served to bring down the view of females in commentating and this sport in general.

Considering all the affirmative action going on right now, I feel this should've been the focus.

Any empty seat does not mean anyone should fill it. She can not know about the game and still commentate as long as she does not take away focus from the game or topics related to the game.
Last I remember she was talking about her dating record with smashers or something along those lines. Like really who cares? I think women more so need to be careful of their streaming etiquette due to our already male centric view on video games. If anything, she served to bring down the view of females in commentating and this sport in general.

Considering all the affirmative action going on right now, I feel this should've been the focus.
P.S. She was really nice and I'm sure she meant well. And she gave a lot of hugs >.> lol.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm just saying this would've been avoided if we could've been more responsible in keeping up with the commentary and reporting bad commentary to the TO. There were several sets that didn't even get commentary because nobody was on the mic.

Missed out on a big opportunity to groan at me tech chasing Rocky for 10 minutes :/

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
lol it's not about the money, I just thought it would be fun. The dollar just gives it a stake, so we both take it seriously.
It's just that for something that may take up to 2 whole hours to complete, $1 just seems so little that I might not even care very much if I was the one in it. LOL

There were also quite if bit of time when there were two high-level players on the mic, with none of them actually commentating, just talking to each other and the other players at the tournament casually. My P:M set with C!Z comes to mind.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Talking about how bad her commentary was is fine, calling her names and making fun of her appearance is a whole other issue. Most of you guys are ugly as **** anyways.

Top Bottom