• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I want to do Brawl in these tourneys because I was getting acceptable at Falco before I switched but man... SSBB just feels so slow after playing P:M. Do any of you guys have trouble switching between the two?
Nope no problems at all. Everyone else complains though but it's just cuz they're noobs.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Any news on the venue?

I have troubles playing brawl then going to melee... but that's just because I'm a salty trihard.

But no seriously... if I play brawl for long enough I will have trouble transitioning into melee

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If only Melee let you change your controls.

But I have a hard time playing Melee after Brawl or 64, but thats probably because I dont really play Melee.

Last edited:

broliftic

Smash Cadet
So who are the best players around here? My brother and I made a bet on who could survive the longest in a moneymatch against the pros.

EDIT: I live close to Layton, anybody in that area?

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Depends on the game. From what I've gathered, here's some good players for each:

Melee- Tomacawk, Tuesday, Meleeruler, Jekyll, Perfect Chaos, >SINZ<
Brawl- Kenny, Yaz, Mars, Suarez, X, Lada, and not Staz.
P:M- See Melee plus this is Perfect Chaos' main game, and he wrecks.

AND MVP.

He brings the **** ape and the hype.

I swear I'm gonna have to edit this like 50 times. EDIT: Yup.

Last edited:

TheGrifBaller

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGrifballer
3DS FC
2122-8174-1282
Hey guys this is TheGrifBaller and I'm new to smash boards so that's why I'm a smash rookie shiro told me about this web site and I was so surprised I mean a web page dedicated to smash that's awesome so see you guys later in smashdom

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Hey guys this is TheGrifBaller and I'm new to smash boards so that's why I'm a smash rookie shiro told me about this web site and I was so surprised I mean a web page dedicated to smash that's awesome so see you guys later in smashdom
#Learn2PunctuateBro

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So who are the best players around here? My brother and I made a bet on who could survive the longest in a moneymatch against the pros.

EDIT: I live close to Layton, anybody in that area?
I live in Layton.

Best Melee player in Utah is a guy named Yaz.

Best Brawl player is Dr. Crump.

MVP

Smash Ace
Depends on the game. From what I've gathered, here's some good players for each:

Melee- Tomacawk, Tuesday, Meleeruler, Jekyll
Brawl- Kenny, Yaz, Mars, Suarez, X, Lada, Staz
P:M- See Melee plus this is Perfect Chaos' main game, and he wrecks
my name should be at the top of PM :glare:

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Melee- Tomacawk, Tuesday, Meleeruler, Jekyll
Brawl- Kenny, Yaz, Mars, Suarez, X, Lada, Staz
P:M- See Melee plus this is Perfect Chaos' main game, and he wrecks
You probably didn't list me in the Melee section since I left before Melee started at SuppRT's last tournament, so you never saw me play, but I'm still a little offended (considering I was Utah's undisputed #1 in Melee from 2005-2007 when the scene first started here).
Also, I don't think Staz is quite to the level of the others on your Brawl list.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
You probably didn't list me in the Melee section since I left before Melee started at SuppRT's last tournament, so you never saw me play, but I'm still a little offended (considering I was Utah's undisputed #1 in Melee from 2005-2007 when the scene first started here).
Also, I don't think Staz is quite to the level of the others on your Brawl list.
PC on Melee top players list OR WE RIOT!!!!!

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, mini smash fest thing at my place tonight. It's in Orem, right behind target. 199 S 180 W. People can start showing up at about
5 or so. I've got two TVs, only one Wii though, and no melee currently (trying to borrow brother's). Could probably set up a third TV. Bring your own food and drinks, though there are a number of fast food places nearby if desired. If anyone is coming, please text or call me at 801.836.9297. Will probably start kicking people out around 11 PM or so.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Melee- Tomacawk, Tuesday, Meleeruler, Jekyll, Perfect Chaos

AND MVP.

I swear I'm gonna have to edit this like 50 times.
I don't even get included in anything
Haha that's right Sinz you eat it. Next time try and place at least 2 better than me, scrub.
Life is harder when I dont' exist.

Last edited:

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
So, mini smash fest thing at my place tonight. It's in Orem, right behind target. 199 S 180 W. People can start showing up at about
5 or so. I've got two TVs, only one Wii though, and no melee currently (trying to borrow brother's). Could probably set up a third TV. Bring your own food and drinks, though there are a number of fast food places nearby if desired. If anyone is coming, please text or call me at 801.836.9297. Will probably start kicking people out around 11 PM or so.
I'm working on getting an sd card so we can play melee/project m/brawl on my Wii, I'll probably be there in an hour.

broliftic

Smash Cadet
So on average, how many tournaments do you guys have per month? I'm having a lot of scheduling conflicts, but I do want to make it out to a few.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Seems to be between 1 and 2 right now. There's typically Kafeneio's every month, and then something else.

MVP

Smash Ace
Fixed. :D

And @PerfectChaos I know, I saw the crew battle vs Idaho. I just said P:M is your main game because well, it is. It goes without saying that if you wreck at P:M you wreck at Melee most likely.
LOL! you list is looking goood now :cool:

also: when it comes to PM and melee, they don't always bleed into each other. I can wreck Tomacawk in PM but when melee comes around i get bodied x10

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Can I be on that list :(
Jk... I aint good enough... YET!

Just wait for SuppRT's tourney... I've been practicing like a mofo...
Yal better be ready for money matches if I aint playing you in tourney.... I'm looking at you MeleeRuler... I want that rematch and you won't be getting salt and johns from me next time!

Seems to be between 1 and 2 right now. There's typically Kafeneio's every month, and then something else.
And then there was that one rare instance where we had two tournaments scheduled on the same day... neumont's and chris's

This just in:
I have been nicknamed "The Greater Salt Lake" for how salty I get in FFAs

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yal better be ready for money matches if I aint playing you in tourney.... I'm looking at you MeleeRuler... I want that rematch and you won't be getting salt and johns from me next time!
Unfortunately because the date changed I couldn't get the 8th off from work. Although it's possible I might find someone to cover it, it's unlikely.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I can wreck Tomacawk in PM but when melee comes around i get bodied x10
one more comment like that and you're gunna make me start practicing pm just so you can't say that, it's funny how a factual non-confrontational statement that you pwned me can get me so riled up
222competitive
broliftic, you and your bro come money match me in melee and i will settle that bet for you guys. i'd be happy to help

well idk why that's so big but im gunna leave it

Last edited:

I See

Smash Apprentice

Melee- Tomacawk, Tuesday, Meleeruler, Jekyll, Perfect Chaos, >SINZ<

AND MVP.

I swear I'm gonna have to edit this like 50 times. EDIT: Yup.
Thank god the pressure is off me since I wasn't mentioned.

Top Bottom