• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
@SuppRT actually a lot of people enjoy MK dittos (myself included). Imo it's one of the more skill-intensive MUs in Brawl. Besides, if you're going to ban a char, make it ICs. :p

On another note, I'm gonna take 64 bracket.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pretty much. He just needs to learn practical application and adjustment with a hint of improvisation and he's solid!

Tuesday

Smash Ace
You can make up any wonky rules you want if you're the TO.

I've decided I'm only going to play ICs against Tomacawk this coming tourney. Because he beats me regardless. ICs are just broken at low-levels of play. High level they're garbage, but unfortunately that's not really the situation at Utah locals lol.

EDIT: Plus, not to sound arrogant or anything, I'm pretty sure I can still take second using my alts.

:jigglypuff64:

Double Edit: I'm referring to the Ogden tournament, not Kafeneio, based on the fact that Jekyll and PC will not be there. If they are in bracket I would also play ICs against them.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Too lazy to check, but I don't even think Toma was really planning on going to Ogden, just a "if it works out that way" thing.

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
Encounter 2
(All da single ladies)
March 8th 2014

That is right guys this tourney will be singles only! Why? Because we have a bunch of games hurr durr and not enough time

So! Lets get right to it

Venue 3$
Event 5$
Registration starts at 11:00 AM
11:30 First even is SMASH 64!!!
Following that will be BRAWL!! (Mk banned doe)
Then PROJECT MELEE
AND FINALLY MELEE
rule set is following Apex 2014 except Meta Knight will be banned for Brawl(to diversify the Finals because who likes watching MK dittos)

If anyone can bring a set up pls lemme know:3
I didn't catch a location for this, where is it at?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I didn't catch a location for this, where is it at?
It's at Game Vault in Ogden. Once he makes a facebook event page you'll probably be able to catch the address there. Where do you live? If you live in SLC or further south you might be able to catch a ride.

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
I'm in Provo, I do have a car so I'll probably end up driving there if I can get like a self jump starter. Is the facebook page Utah Super Smash Bros Scene?

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm in Provo, I do have a car so I'll probably end up driving there if I can get like a self jump starter. Is the facebook page Utah Super Smash Bros Scene?
No, I mean an event page, not a group.

Also, if you live in Provo, have we played before? Did you come over to my place?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'll have to pester him to make an event page maybe.... And I would trust the FB page you mentioned really either.

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
Yea I'm pretty sure, we played PM, I started as Lucario with the Goku tag! And yea I was going to say, that FB page looked like it was full of crap..

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo tuesday, i checked google maps and the suggested route for me is bus 470. is that what you would be taking, or are you taking the front runner?

because of saturday transit schedules melee has to be over by 7-8 at the LATEST. I assume it would be starting by 3. can we get some more concrete scheduling support, supprt?
if i got a ride back to slc after the tourny then this doesn't matter, but i'm trying to be the controller of my destiny here guys

also i've been fiending hard for a new rpg lately, so i download the witcher and have been playing that. it's pretty dope, and you can totally bang in it. which is actually an issue because i have to frequently pause, tab, and fap

Tomacawk

Smash Master
the ol' tab and fap lol.
terry are you in town? last i heard you were awol or something and you've been lying low in terms of posting
wanna smash today brombre

Jekyll

Smash Ace
the ol' tab and fap lol.
terry are you in town? last i heard you were awol or something and you've been lying low in terms of posting
wanna smash today brombre
I'm around, but still on valentine's duty until midnight.
If you wanna set a time for Wednesday or Friday evening I could come smash for a couple hours.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Banning MK for the sake of not wanting MK ditto finals? That's a terrible reason haha. You do realize we only have one MK main (well only one that could easily make it to finals) in UT right? The other couple MK secondaries have better chars anyways that they usually use in the more serious matches anyways. UT sees other finals matchups way more often, and like someone said, there are people that actually enjoy MK dittos haha.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Banning MK for the sake of not wanting MK ditto finals? That's a terrible reason haha. You do realize we only have one MK main (well only one that could easily make it to finals) in UT right? The other couple MK secondaries have better chars anyways that they usually use in the more serious matches anyways. UT sees other finals matchups way more often, and like someone said, there are people that actually enjoy MK dittos haha.
I think you made this post a few years ago when it was just Yaz who played MK and everyone started being all ban mk. o.o

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have made it a few times. It just gets ignored though even though we still only have one real legit MK main (who now has a secondary he could beat most people with anyways)

And yeah, I'm referring to Yaz. And he doesn't even really come to anything.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah nobody mains MK outside of Yaz. A few people secondary him, but usually theyre just ****ty pocket MKs which arent even as good as their main anyway.

#FreeMK

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
#freemk LMAO
it is pretty sick that there's like no mks here tbh, considering how huge brawl is

also check this out guys, I forgot this even existed. Was going deeeep into my favorites and found a video that a friend of mine from IL made in 09:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lp7NOPVg3Y
man i was all about that tech skill grind back in mah older days

terry just hit me up the day you wanna play. i'm still unemployed and single so i have literally all day erry day

found another gem buried in my favorites. beekeeper and I think epsilon have been asking me a bit about shield dropping lately and how useful it is or isn't, and this video does a decent job of showing how much faster it is (doesn't even talk about how you can shield drop/dash drop out of movement to not only drop faster but also with more control over your spacing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw

edit-
and here's how you can influence shine combos...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdzNzC2ijJE
and as far as I know this is without any sdi on the shine as well, which would allow you to get a little further away from fox

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
You can make up any wonky rules you want if you're the TO.

I've decided I'm only going to play ICs against Tomacawk this coming tourney. Because he beats me regardless. ICs are just broken at low-levels of play. High level they're garbage, but unfortunately that's not really the situation at Utah locals lol.

EDIT: Plus, not to sound arrogant or anything, I'm pretty sure I can still take second using my alts.

:jigglypuff64:

Double Edit: I'm referring to the Ogden tournament, not Kafeneio, based on the fact that Jekyll and PC will not be there. If they are in bracket I would also play ICs against them.
Get ready for them Marth dittos Tuesday. And I did decent against your ICs last time.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Socandrewcer's having a smashfest today, effective immediately.
435 N 200 W, #12
SLC

Ends at 9:30 PM

Setups are encouraged since he won't have one until Devon shows up.
If you want/need his number, text me and I'll PM it to you.

I can't make it, but everyone else should go and then tell me about how much I'm missing out.

Top Bottom