• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I hope this doesn't put a damper on Kafeneio's this Saturday.... He was going to have a Melee bracket, and I was going to try and get the stream working for both Brawl and Melee.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm sorry, I know that these things can make irl meetings kind of awkward or difficult or weird.

I was in a meeting when that happened so I didn't get to warn & subsequently room ban him before Tsuteto posted his thoughts.

Again, my apologies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah its fine he deserved it.

And I already beat that Nuzlocke, I just never updated it. And only 2 of those guys survived~

Ill update it now with my current one though JUST FOR YOU TUESDAY.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
he's not even a troll
trolling is an art, it's tricking people into being upset / rustle-jimmy'd from a position that they think you really hold

it takes skill and isn't tasteless "lol u mad ******s" but rather elaborate schemes
---
we will need to keep updated on the kafe tournament, then, since devon can't post for awhile. it's next saturday, yeah?

edit- THIS is trolling, and it's IRL trolling, the most legit kind.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This Saturday the 22nd, sign-ups starting at noon. I'm planning on being there myself with a set-up. Here's the info from the Facebook page:

Come Play Super Smash Bros Brawl In a Singles And/or Double tournament
signs up start around 12 noon
Brawl doubles will start at 1pm - 3pm
Singles will start at 3pm

Doubles may run late after 3pm but i will still be starting singles
i will accommodate the players still in Doubles

Starting Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (brawl)
Lylat Cruise

CounterPicks:
Delphino Plaza
Castle siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1

General Gameplay Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Pause set to "Off"
All Matches except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, will be played in a Best of 3 set, the mentioned others will be played in Best of 5 set.
Gentleman's Clause: any stage (including banned stages) may be played on so long the 2 parties agree and consent to it

All infinites and chain grabs are legal, until 300%
There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters(Meta Knight ledge limit below). If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.

Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight.
For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight.

Set Procedure
Determining Player Port Priority, if there is a dispute between port selection a the random method of Game and Watch judgment will be used to determine the 1st choice in port selection.

1st game is played on a Starter Stage (see above) from the starter stage list, by mutual consent, random, or stage striking
if Stage striking is selected, Higher seeded player has priority determines the order of stage striking
order of stage striking will be on a 1-2-2-1 sequence
(a player strikes 1 stage, other player stirkes 2 stages, 1st players strikes one more stage and determines the destination)

The Team/player that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.

The Team/player that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List.

Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team/player may not be selected.

No Stage may be used by a Team/player that has already won on that Stage in this set. unless Agreed upon

The Team/player that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

The Team/player that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

Doubles Ruleset
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
Double Meta knight is Banned

In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'll be bringing a gamecube + melee + memory card. can bring a CRT if somebody gives me a ride but it doesn't matter to me

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My trolling days are over because my partner in crime is permabanned, but bcak in the day me and RJ were a beautiful thing.

One time we had this thread for a new advanced technique for Kirby that we named "short hop inhale thickening" and it took people like 5 pages to figure out the acronym

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't see it.

So I'd appreciate an explanation.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Wow.... I don't check up in here for one night and everything goes to hell....

Rip local troll Devon

Anywho.... Zzgashi... I think I lost a few iq points from watching that stream.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Like I said, you'll thank me later.

Also, Im going to try and start making it to weekend tournaments again. Before I didnt want to since I work 11pm to 7am on Friday and Saturday nights, so Id just sleep through them, but Smash 4 is making me too hype to ignore Smash so Im just going to sleep extra on Fridays and threaten the lives of my fellow co-workers if they arent on time saturday mornings.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
**** everything goes to hell lol imma say this once #freedeathking2014
Any whose or what's it. Tourney info will be released tonight :3

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I got work off for the 1st but then the date got changed to the 8th for that tournament, so we'll see if my scheduler at work decides to be extra nice and give me a third Saturday off in a row. Yeah.

But Beast 4, though. My body couldn't contain the hype.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Encounter 2
(All da single ladies)
March 8th 2014

That is right guys this tourney will be singles only! Why? Because we have a bunch of games hurr durr and not enough time

So! Lets get right to it

Venue 3$
Event 5$
Registration starts at 11:00 AM
11:30 First even is SMASH 64!!!
Following that will be BRAWL!! (Mk banned doe)
Then PROJECT MELEE
AND FINALLY MELEE
rule set is following Apex 2014 except Meta Knight will be banned for Brawl(to diversify the Finals because who likes watching MK dittos)

If anyone can bring a set up pls lemme know:3

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I like mk dittos
You would -_- are you still bring a set up for PSA what ever the hell that is
@ Meleeruler Meleeruler I'm sorry bruh teh venue is having a Magic tourney on the first. So I had to settle for second best. I guess magic players can't handle The Smash Hype

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ill probably come for melee, might come for pm
i can bring a melee setup
i have no interest in showing up for brawl/64 and it's like that i won't be able to get a ride for only melee so i'm not sure if i'll be coming or not

anybody driving there for the later events only? i got gas $s

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
....somewhere Tuesday tastes victory

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
>implying I haven't been practicing urrday to take y'all down
>implying this wasn't my chance already
>implying I'm not disappointed that I won't get the chance to finally beat you in bracket.

Top Bottom