• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
By the way, if anyone lives near Provo, I need to practice so I don't get completely demolished in this thing! I mostly play Project M but I'd like to get into Melee as well.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I could play some PM with you today Goku, don't have Melee currently. I just live in Orem, so I can either come down there later or you could come up here, whichever.

EDIT: @ Roguay Roguay : If that's in reference to the Ogden tourney, already stated I'm not going. If it's in reference to Kafeneio's, then yes, I'll see you there :p

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ooh i'm down to go to ogden in march for my first actual smash tourney

i play PM and starting today, Melee

anyone coming up from st. geezy/cedar that i can catch a ride with? i got cash for gas or if not i'll drive myself

yall seem like cool catz so im willing to fraternize, brethren

Last edited:

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
I could play some PM with you today Goku, don't have Melee currently. I just live in Orem, so I can either come down there later or you could come up here, whichever.

EDIT: @ Roguay Roguay : If that's in reference to the Ogden tourney, already stated I'm not going. If it's in reference to Kafeneio's, then yes, I'll see you there :p
Today might not be the greatest, I have a paper to write and turn in tomorrow that I haven't started yet, but I'll let you know in a few hours if I end up finishing it early!

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Kk. Offer stands to anyone else that wants to smash as well in the Orem / Provo area. Or elsewhere if you want to smash at my place, I would just expect to be kicked out about 10 or 11

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Update son!!

MK unbanned(pointless)

Schedule is as follows
11:30SSBPM
SSBM
SSBB
SSB64

I'm doing this for people who want to come can compete earlier and have the rest of their evening to do whatever

Introduction of a brand new Utah ranking system.

I have been wanting to do a ranking system for a while and since the Utah PR fell though I'd like to create one.

This is only applicable to singles.

Who: Everyone who shows up to a tourney

What: It shows how you stack up against other smashers in Utah. It is calculated utilizing a Elo ranking system, which is designed to calculate rank in a balanced and competitive manner to help determine who the best players are

How: Your rank is gained and lost based on the skill level of the other players you are competing against. If you win against players who have an overall higher Rank than you, you would gain more points than winning against players who have an equal or lower rank.

Where: Any tourney that you participate from Utah to Japan ^-^ you just have to report it!!

Also I am look for people to help me with this so if you can pls PM me :3
And yes this does count for the Kafe tourney

MVP

Smash Ace
Update son!!

MK unbanned(pointless)

Schedule is as follows
11:30SSBPM
SSBM
SSBB
SSB64

I'm doing this for people who want to come can compete earlier and have the rest of their evening to do whatever

Introduction of a brand new Utah ranking system.

I have been wanting to do a ranking system for a while and since the Utah PR fell though I'd like to create one.

This is only applicable to singles.

Who: Everyone who shows up to a tourney

What: It shows how you stack up against other smashers in Utah. It is calculated utilizing a Elo ranking system, which is designed to calculate rank in a balanced and competitive manner to help determine who the best players are

How: Your rank is gained and lost based on the skill level of the other players you are competing against. If you win against players who have an overall higher Rank than you, you would gain more points than winning against players who have an equal or lower rank.

Where: Any tourney that you participate from Utah to Japan ^-^ you just have to report it!!

Also I am look for people to help me with this so if you can pls PM me :3
And yes this does count for the Kafe tourney
with this people better show up

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can definitely help with a ranking system, I had one going for Brawl for quite a while back when we were more active.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Apparently, cuz he's there. Almost went back to the PC again just now, but lucky for us there was a guardian shielding us from the ledges of self-damnation.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Aw snaps.... got upgraded

looks like it takes in votes for commands and then executes the highest voted command every 5 seconds

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol that same chick was blocking the PC yesterday right before they released Abby and Jay Leno :<

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
and it died again

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Edit:
It's back

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So i bought The Legend Of Zelda collectors disc for like 40.00 and this game goes for 199.00 on amazon >_< lol so how is everyones Tuesday going?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So i bought The Legend Of Zelda collectors disc for like 40.00 and this game goes for 199.00 on amazon >_< lol so how is everyones Tuesday going?
My Tuesday is doing well... he lives in Provo (i think)

edit:
b4d engrish grammer crakerz fix plox

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well I have a work meeting at 2:30 and im hella tired but cant sleep lol. fml

Bobert513

Smash Rookie
Hey is there going to be a little gaming goin on this Thursday @ Gamer's Asylum? And where is the melee tournament at on Friday? Dying to get some smash bros!

broliftic

Smash Cadet
Trying to gauge my actual skill, I've only really been playing friendlies against the same person for forever now. Are there any Lucas mains for P:M in Utah or am I on my own here?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I play lucas. But not as a main.

I play a lot of characters.

broliftic

Smash Cadet
I want to do Brawl in these tourneys because I was getting acceptable at Falco before I switched but man... SSBB just feels so slow after playing P:M. Do any of you guys have trouble switching between the two?

Top Bottom