• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

broliftic

Smash Cadet
one more comment like that and you're gunna make me start practicing pm just so you can't say that, it's funny how a factual non-confrontational statement that you pwned me can get me so riled up
222competitive
broliftic, you and your bro come money match me in melee and i will settle that bet for you guys. i'd be happy to help

well idk why that's so big but im gunna leave it
Sorry man, I lost my Melee disc back in 2010, not to mention I never played it even remotely competently. We're down for Project M and Brawl though, my brother has some killer Snake play.

And lol @ my asking for best players causing so much salt ITT

broliftic

Smash Cadet
Sorry for asking so many questions, but how many people typically show up for a tourney? If it's only the people in the thread that's like... 15 or so.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Can't do RJ's this time unfortunately. Saturday morning is an important day for Yugs. I'll go straight from there to the tournament.

50-50 chance of me going.

idk...

could go....

............either way......

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Cant do RJs, i work all night long so i need to sleep before the tournament otherwise i wont get any sleep at all for almost 48 hours lol.

Last edited:

broliftic

Smash Cadet
RJ is having an STT ( Smash til Tournament) on Friday night.

Anyone interested?
As badly as I want to go... I already made some plans for Friday night. Yeesh, with schedules and stuff I might now even make it to a local Smash thing until late March.
I promise I'll get to one eventually, although I know I'm not the long pole in the tent here.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Anyone wanna smash for a bit tomorrow? I'll be in Salt Lake till 5 doing homework

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Howdy All -

I'm working with Salt Lake Comic Con/Fan Xperience to put another another Smash Tournament for Fan Xperience in April. We are still working through the details, and that's pretty much why I'm here. We'd like to make this a little bigger, better, and more official than our previous tournament held in September for SLCC.

I've made a separate thread to get the conversation going. Check it out here - http://smashboards.com/threads/salt-lake-city-ut-fan-xperience-tournament.348697/

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Howdy All -

I'm working with Salt Lake Comic Con/Fan Xperience to put another another Smash Tournament for Fan Xperience in April. We are still working through the details, and that's pretty much why I'm here. We'd like to make this a little bigger, better, and more official than our previous tournament held in September for SLCC.

I've made a separate thread to get the conversation going. Check it out here - http://smashboards.com/threads/salt-lake-city-ut-fan-xperience-tournament.348697/
Which game? Super Smash Bros Brawl?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Yo, I want to hold one more tourney before I leave. It'd be sometime in March. Probably on a Friday. Just checking availability right now, people should let me know what's up.
I'm free on Fridays :3

Anyone going to tourney this week I need a ride and I'm bringing a PM setup a ride is really needed pls halp

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I'm interested, but... where is that?
In South Jordan. You can text him at 801-8150145 for his address.

Fest at my place during the day (if people want to) and fest at RJ's at night. Any Game!!!!!

If anyone wants to fest at my place let me know so I can bring my setup from midvale

Edit: Or if you want to text me (916) 370-3379

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Edit:
Ignore this i'm an idiot

I thought he was talking about Salt Fest not the comic con tourney thing

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Idk about you guys but I really enjoyed last years Salt Fest but I still had some mixed feelings about a couple things in regards to the smash tourney.

For those who were at the last Salt Fest, I think it would be a good idea to share your experience... I really want to see this year's tournament get as big as it can be and the more discussion and the more ideas that get thrown around the better.

So share your experience or just what you would like to see different here:
Or if it's preferred to discuss that in this thread instead then go for it.
That thread isn't about Salt Fest. It was a Brawl free for all tourney with items for comic con.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Lol well I suck... I thought that was Salt Fest... I saw salt fest and I was like.... ok.... let my ideas flow *facepalm*

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice

Fest at my place during the day (if people want to) and fest at RJ's at night. Any Game!!!!!

If anyone wants to fest at my place let me know so I can bring my setup from midvale

Sweet! I'm mostly interested in Melee or Project M but hey, should be fun!

I'll probably text one or both of you tomorrow after work (1:00PM ish) to figure everything out. Thanks!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm free on Fridays :3

Anyone going to tourney this week I need a ride and I'm bringing a PM setup a ride is really needed pls halp
I would but I'm gonna already be at RJs probably

I'm down

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm with ya on Salt Fest though. There's been no updates on that
Sorry, been dealing with insurances and job hunting and what not. I'll solve what I can out, though if you have any specific questions, let me know. What I can say for sure is Melee and Project M on Saturday, Brawl in Sunday. Playing with the thought of doing semi finals on all being steamed, setting that up to be the evenings, but in doing six events and given the usual time frame for such, I would probably have to do Project M Sunday morning, or cut it to be just finals and grand finals to be guaranteed streamed.

In either case, it'll be teams being prior to singles for each game. If you have questions on costs or pre-reg prices, you can check out www.saltfest.org

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yo, I want to hold one more tourney before I leave. It'd be sometime in March. Probably on a Friday. Just checking availability right now, people should let me know what's up.
Give me at least 2 weeks notice and any Friday should be good for me.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
wont be going to the tourney anymore, got kidnapped and am now in vegas for the weekend.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
It would be awesome if we could get a projector that displays the matches on T.V. 1. Should get us more attention and better viewing for hype matches.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I might come just to get salty at brawl and for the funzies

and if melee players show up we'll have to play frendlies
and if enough melee players show up we need to have a side tourney or somethings

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I might come just to get salty at brawl and for the funzies

and if melee players show up we'll have to play frendlies
and if enough melee players show up we need to have a side tourney or somethings
Melee is scheduled for the tournament. Read the info.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
This is worth re-posting.

There's a Melee Singles event tomorrow at Kafeneio in addition to the Brawl Singles and Doubles events. It's already official.
And, as a note, there's like 5 or 6 of us coming from Provo for Melee.

Top Bottom