• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh my god I am sooooooooo rusty at Brawl lol. Gonna need to spam dem smashfests to get back to where I used to be~

In case we need to have characters listed for tournament results, in Brawl Singles I only won matches with Bowser but did use Yoshi and DK equally as well. As for doubles, I played mostly Bowser and some Yoshi/Samus.

Also, ggs in 64 to Tomacawk and socandrewcer, I hope I spelled that right, I just guessed haha. And to everyone else I was untalkative/didnt talk to/etc, I was so god damn tired, but I tried. Especially you Sinz, right before I left, I felt like I was going to die of sleep deprivation~

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Double post because Im going through the small bit of video I got recorded, I'll edit in any questions regarding who's actually playing, and if anyone knows, let me know so I can upload.

Kenny/Yaz, who did you guys play in the first round of doubles? They used GW and Marth/Pika.

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
Had a great time at the tourney! Thanks for all the hospitality. Clokwork and I are looking to do friendlies weekly for Melee. Will host a small group(4-8) in my garage and I live up on Foothill Dr(south of the university). Shout outs to Jekyll, Tuesday, and Yaz and anyone else who sat and kicked our asses for a few hours straight in friendlies; we learned a lot. With the good turnout lets see some melee doubles next tourney, yeh?

Also double elimination for Melee and round robin for Brawl doubles? I feel like the smaller player base should have a round robin, if any, ever.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Brawl doubles, singles, and melee singles were all double elim. Only Project M was round robin, which never again.

Shout outs:
*Tomacawk - You're chill man, super chill. Glad to have you at any event.
*PC - Good times as always! Sorry for the delay in things. I owe you $5 for getting third place. $10 money match while we're at it? :p
*Sinz - Thanks for always being supportive in everything man. I'll have to mess around in fighting Snake or something to understand his capabilities so I can thwomp you next time XD
*Pwny and Zeros - Great matches guys, can't ever get enough of those intense last few minutes on round 3 :)
*Charity and Faith - Enjoyed your two's piano playing. Brought a nice mood to the scene. Perhaps we'll have to always include a piano XD
*Tuesday - Main melee man for Provo! Can't have a good improving scene without ya!
*Colus - All I wanted you to do was punch them in the face. Is that too much to ask?
*X - Not sure if you'll find this, but it was nice having you around for the tourney. You did well with your goal I felt :)
*Zz - Mmm, recording equipment. After I've worked on my Kat some, I'll play you in PSASBR!
*Devon - Thanks for always getting the venue every month! We owe you for such an endeavor and the efforts you do make in hosting the competition scene there!

And everyone, as always, good seeing y'all, and some new faces too! Maybe I'll learn y'all in time ^^ If you're wondering who I was, I was the one with the giant fedora +feather.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
On a different note, I'm currently venue hunting in the Orem/Provo area, possibly up to American Fork. May rent out a space at a hotel or something. Trying to make it off of the free way for easy access, or the likes. Anyways, planning for the 29th of March, could possibly come back to the 22nd of March if people wanted (though probably trying to avoid that so Kafeneio's and it aren't too close together). Thoughts, input, maybe push it back to the 5th of April? What works for people, what absolutely doesn't, etc?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I see that you guys let Tuesday compete in my place after I left even though I technically eliminated him. Also surprised that Yaz lost to him, consider Yaz plays Peach. I guess Yaz needs to shake off that rust. I felt kind of bad for leaving after eliminating him, but I guess it's fine this way for everyone (except for maybe Yaz). (And since Tuesday was playing as my proxy, shouldn't I get the money for 3rd place? ;))
I wonder if I could have went the distance in Melee fighting my way back from loser's if I could have stayed. And with Sinz losing 2-1 to X, if I could have stayed and manage to beat Sinz instead of forfeiting, I could have gotten 2nd. >_< The potential possibilites that I skipped out on... :(

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I was proud to serve as your avatar. You may have the $6, but you'd have to spend the $10 driving down here to get it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Alright, so Ive broken up all recorded friendlies into sets, Ive finished all the video editing, and will begin uploading around 8:00 this morning. There are 4 sets which I have no idea who is playing, so if anyone knows or recognizes who they are, let me know and I'll fix the video Titles. I got 8 sets recorded, 2 doubles matches and 6 singles matches, which I believe was a total of 21 games. I could have recorded more but I was tired and lazy so meeeehhh~~~!!! I'll be better about keeping the program running and getting on a tournament TV next time for sure! As soon as I start uploading, I'll post the video links (which wont immediately work since I'll post them during the uploading) and them imma go to sleep!

#ThatFeelWhenMatchesAreUploadedBeforeBracketsAndResults

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Alright, so Ive broken up all recorded friendlies into sets, Ive finished all the video editing, and will begin uploading around 8:00 this morning. There are 4 sets which I have no idea who is playing, so if anyone knows or recognizes who they are, let me know and I'll fix the video Titles. I got 8 sets recorded, 2 doubles matches and 6 singles matches, which I believe was a total of 21 games. I could have recorded more but I was tired and lazy so meeeehhh~~~!!! I'll be better about keeping the program running and getting on a tournament TV next time for sure! As soon as I start uploading, I'll post the video links (which wont immediately work since I'll post them during the uploading) and them imma go to sleep!

#ThatFeelWhenMatchesAreUploadedBeforeBracketsAndResults
#ThatFeelWhenTheTOIsBannedFromSmashboardsSoNoResultsThread

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@ Remioli Remioli : Perfect, thank you! And just fyi, that set will be going up first!

@ Tuesday Tuesday : Psssssh, its not like theres no such thing as email or something~

Also, get hype for the ultimate doubles Stock tank Link!! I took like 400%+ and only died twice (and we lost), haha!

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
zz you're nb at 64 man, but be careful bringing it to too many smashfests because i reckon i will be bodying you in 2-3 more practice sessions :)
tuesday and wario are both improving quite rapidly at melee, it's refreshing to see
jekyll ggs as always i am really happy to have you in this scene, and i can't believe we missed out on knowing each other in the midwest
yaz improved a lot since last time too but it's more that he's derusting rather than improving lol. either way your movement is crisp and you're a smart player. really strong peach. as much as i've been playing peach lately i still don't think that my peach looks like a real peach like yours :( maybe i'm forever an imposter
devon, you said you wanted to improve in melee, and it shows. playing your fox in tourny had moments where i was really unsure of where to go and crumbled under pressure. you have the "killer instinct" to play fox and it was looking good man. your tech skill is gunna be strong when you become more consistent, too. look forward to seeing how much potential your fox has in the upcoming months
x i enjoyed having you there, even if you literally penetrated my buttcheeks (that's a ****ing bro foul or a yellow flag or somethin dog)
epsilon keep with it my dude, especially as samus you gotta be schemin while you play. the more you get hit and lose games the more you figure out how to plot your traps, and that zone around your opponent where you are comfortable and confident you can't get hit creeps closer and closer to suffocating them out. that's really what neutral game comes down to, i have my safe place, you have your safe place, but i want mine as close to yours as possible, while remaining safe, to pressure you into cracking and committing out of your safe lane. or i'm going to make sure that i have a safe in to try to breach your zone (approaching)
pc - it'd be nice to play some more sets in tournament with you but you're so0o0ooo important you always leave early :(
sinz always great to spend time with you, and thx for the apollofries

marz, rj, kenny, remi, devon, etc, was great to see everybody. those not listed as well. i think i'm sprung on utah smash. you guys are awesome and i'm flattered to spend my time with yall. much love <3

met a bunch of dota players too, was awesome talking to you guys
charity/faith/x i reaaaally enjoyed you guys playing piano. thanks a lot for doing that. if you guys want to learn PIANO MAN by billly joel, i'll bring my harmonica and we can ****in get down. i'll sing it too just learn the chord progression lol

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
ggs everyone! Fun stuff. That's the last time I'm going all random at a tourney :/

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Hey, if any of you are in the Ogden area this week (from now until Feb 27 that is) and feel like getting some pizza, I have a free Pizza Coupon you can print out, and the best part is, it doesnt even require you to buy anything, the only requirement is that you dine in. Here it is for all of you interested:
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz358/Zzgashi/freepizzacoupon_zps39d2aaf0.png
Hmm smash and free pizza sounds really ****in noice for a Thursday
EDIT: oh got my
Name changed so I'm not being called Supp, RT LMFAO

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
YO PUT UP RESULTS YA NUBS

Friendly reminder

Encounter 2
(All da single ladies)
March 8th 2014

That is right guys this tourney will be singles only! Why? Because we have a bunch of games hurr durr and not enough time

So! Lets get right to it

Venue 3$
Event 5$
Registration starts at 11:00 AM
11:30 First even is Project Melee
Following that will be Melee!
Then Brawl
AND Smash 64
rule set is following Apex 2014

If anyone can bring a set up pls lemme know:3 and I need some recorders pls b0ss gotta see how my PM Toon Link fairs against some top players lol :3

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Here's results from the tournament, minus my Project M tourney since I'm not at the computer:

Brawl singles:
1: X ($63.00)
2: Death ($31.50)
3: Kenny ($10.50)
4: mars
5: Yaz
5: final
7: charity
7: tim
9: Tane
9: Rj
9: Rockmix
9: tsu
13: Mark
13: jon
13: Pony
13: Zeros
17: Joseph
17: Andrew
17: Harry
17: Zz
17: Remi

Brawl Doubles:
1: Kenny + yaz ($48.00)
2: Tane + X ($24.00)
3: marz + Death ($8.00)
4: Charity + John
5: Tsu + RJ
5: Mark + Skyler
7: Zz + Final
7: tim + andrew
9: Remi + Harry

Melee Singles:
1: Meat ($39.00)
2: jekyll ($19.50)
3: Tuesday ($6.50)
4: Yaz
5: X
5: PC
7: final
7: Death
9: maskedepsilon
9: Rockmix
9: Clok
9: tsu
13: Ziplox
13: tim

Project M:
1: X ($35.00)
2: Sins ($20.00)
3: PC ($5.00)

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
if I dont make it to that march 8 tourney please mods ban me from the forum I would be a disgrace I Need 2 Smash

update: got late to my singles ward so im currently in the foyer catching up on Twitch Plays Pokemon

good stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Melee Singles:
3: Tuesday ($6.50)
4: Yaz
5: PC
If this gets reported to SmashBoard's database, then I want the unaltered results to be submitted (i.e. me being 4th, and Yaz being 3rd by my DQ), since the only reason I did that last match with Tuesday is for placement archive purposes.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
YO PUT UP RESULTS YA NUBS

Friendly reminder

Encounter 2
(All da single ladies)
March 8th 2014

That is right guys this tourney will be singles only! Why? Because we have a bunch of games hurr durr and not enough time

So! Lets get right to it

Venue 3$
Event 5$
Registration starts at 11:00 AM
11:30 First even is Project Melee
Following that will be Melee!
Then Brawl
AND Smash 64
rule set is following Apex 2014

If anyone can bring a set up pls lemme know:3 and I need some recorders pls b0ss gotta see how my PM Toon Link fairs against some top players lol :3
You should always have the main event go last.

You should run Brawl/64 simultaneously, then break, then PM, then Melee last. Just my 2 cents though. Good tourny guys amazing how many people come out for these ancient games.

Shout outs:

Those two giant mofos, I don't know if you guys are in this thread but good to see some new faces.

Remi for remembering my name

Yaz, Sinz, ZZ, PC, good to see the OGs back.

Superworrio for stealing my Melee spot lol.

Devon for finally getting over the hump, character dedication pays off in the end even though its a frustrating path to get there.

Kenny for being a beast, imma beat you one of these days man lmao

RJ da gawd

MaskedEpsilon who doesn't actually wear a mask

Brawl singles were so close lol most competitive top 5 ever maybe? Every set went to like game 3 or game 5 last stock ****ing stressful man. Oh but let's ban MK guyzzz

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!

You should run Brawl/64 simultaneously, then break, then PM, then Melee last. Just my 2 cents though. Good tourny guys amazing how many people come out for these ancient games.

Shout outs:

Those two giant mofos, I don't know if you guys are in this thread but good to see some new faces.

Devon for finally getting over the hump, character dedication pays off in the end even though its a frustrating path to get there.

RJ da gawd

Brawl singles were so close lol most competitive top 5 ever maybe? Every set went to like game 3 or game 5 last stock ****ing stressful man. Oh but let's ban MK guyzzz
I'm doing this for people who want to compete and have the rest of the evening to do whatever
*cough* *cough* :gova:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
i like the idea of having PM first then melee. normally i would say the main event should be last, but not if it's like 7-8 hours after the tournament starts

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I second this

Shout outs:

RJ da gawd

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i like the idea of having PM first then melee. normally i would say the main event should be last, but not if it's like 7-8 hours after the tournament starts
As long as it is never round robin again I think its good

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I had my stuff plugged into it, so I thought maybe I had it, but then I remembered there was a TV/Set Up that were still going/plugged into it when I left so there was no way. I doubled checked just in case though, but I dont have it :/

I See

Smash Apprentice
Lol Dat mexi mental block still. Good stuff Devon though. Too bad you can't read this

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Did anyone take a small white extension cord or see one? Devon is missing his
Looks like I have it. I have one exactly like it, thought it might have been used since another of my power strips was used in that area. Tell him I can bring it up with me to the Banzai VG meeting at 3 on this Saturday.

Top Bottom