• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo shoutouts to all the new players, some of you are ******** good for how little experience you have

MVP you are hella good at PM. I'm blown away. I cannot believe someone I can comfortably beat in melee can body me so hard in PM. they really are different games
Sinz awesome to finally meet you, had a lot of fun.
PC seems like you enjoyed yourself, I'm glad we can help clear your mind of things. i don't think i'm going to be a fox player in PM, but I still don't know who to main. I think it's gunna be between da weej, ray, and in fact i'd like to play snake but I will have to practice significantly. i think we will do good at salt fest but we need a bit more practice, i seem to hit you too frequently, need some more time to adjust
terry you are real ****in' good man. i love players like you, it's clear you are deeply evaluating all the decisions I make, and I love the rush of playing opponents who are striking the proper balance between impulsive "catch you off guard" decisions and patient "you'll crack before I do" movements

special shoutouts to tuesday, tsuteto, pc, and jekyll for consistently giving so much to the community. you guys rock
tuesday, wario, mvp, and roguay all come to mind as people improving incredibly fast. there are others, I'm sure, but I just didn't take notice. doesn't mean you aren't making big progress :)

make sure you guys come to kafeneio!

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Had a lot of fun tonight.... learned a lot too.

Thanks @ Support. Support. for TOing. Nice venue. Only complaint is that it's far from me. Whatevs.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Too many laughs were had this day

@ Remioli Remioli Thanks for driving us out and I can't wait to see your peach kick ass.

@ apples25 apples25 It was nice to meet you and I wish we could have played more friendlies. Thanks for recording my matches btw.

@ Tuesday Tuesday Grats on third... always a pleasure to play with you and thanks for all of the advice and helping me figure out how I should be playing... Good Game Wobble Played

@Jekyll Grats on second... still sad I didn't get a chance to wreck your wigi Kappa

@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Grats on first... *can't think of anything else to add here so just make up something*

Shout outs to the other doc players... always love seeing other docs

Edit:
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Alright here's something... thanks for helping me improve my melee... I probably would have done much worse today if it weren't for your fox wrecking my doc and helping me see what I need to work on.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great tournament, had a lot of fun. Felt I didn't lose to anyone who didn't deserve the win. It was run really well and everyone was super cool. Special shoutouts to the Roy free-for-all that had more hype than the grand finals.

Shoutouts:

@ Support. Support. : Great tournament, man. You were pretty fun to both play and chat with.
@ MVP MVP : That DK ditto though
@Jekyll : How can one man be so good with Luigi. You bopped me good in PM, man.
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk : Shoot, I felt like I couldn't do anything when I played you. Congrats on the win. Props for keeping our commitment to play friendlies, I appreciate it.
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 : We'll have to play again so I can see you in your final form. Good set nonetheless.
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos : Duuuuuuude our set was so dang close. Your Sonic is some good stuff; you seriously started reading me good. Pretty bummed you couldn't stay for Melee.
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto : Man you're a pretty funny dude. Our set was fun.
@ Sinz Sinz : At least I didn't have to play you in PM. I really wanted to win our set too, dang.
@ apples25 apples25 : For not playing the game for very long you were crazy good, man. Your tech skill was crazy.
@ Tuesday Tuesday : Oh my god dude Ice Climbers are so dumb I can't even. Great set though, and you were fun to chat with. Without those friendlies I would have been bopped hard, though.

apples25

Smash Cadet
nice event, i had a lot of fun. i was a bit nervous but i'm looking forward to potentially attending more tournaments
thanks @ Support. Support. for organizing it all
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 thanks for playing with me a lot. it was nice talking with you and recording your matches lol
@ Tuesday Tuesday thank you for being so friendly and for all the constant advice
and thank you to everyone else i played, i still don't know many names but it was a great learning experience

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Agh... forgot to make a shout out to Melee Ruler

@ Meleeruler Meleeruler Still super salty about our set but it was still hella fun. Got a couple good edgeguards on you but other than that I was pretty sloppy. I won't lie... I'm watching the recording of the second match and I can't stop watching me get that kobe on your illusion :p. But then I watch you completely body me with 4 DAirs that leads to me losing my last stock and ending the set. Not to mention your almost complete domination of the first match and the first half of the second match. When I fine tune my doc we'll have to play again.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, the team names are pretty amusing. The story of how the team names of Tamacawk with me and with Sinz came to be is kind of amusing. I don't want to type it up so I'll tell you the next time we meet if I remember.

And I just thought of a weird connection from Mars and Tuesday teaming: Tuesday (the day) is known as the Day of the Fire Planet (i.e. Mars) in the history of various places.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Maybe next time we'll go off of that lol.

Sorry to anyone who played me that doesn't like it when people talk mid-match. I'm a chatterbox.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
went to eat, got sick, went home :/

still want that tho
Haha it's chill. We'll do it another time. Maybe kafeneio?

Hope you get better. Devon probably made you sick. Brought that plague upon both our houses.

I See

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the team names are pretty amusing. The story of how the team names of Tamacawk with me and with Sinz came to be is kind of amusing. I don't want to type it up so I'll tell you the next time we meet if I remember.

And I just thought of a weird connection from Mars and Tuesday teaming: Tuesday (the day) is known as the Day of the Fire Planet (i.e. Mars) in the history of certain places.
Is Sinz T.C Clark?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
hey guys i'm brand new to smashboards and i play alot of Project M and Melee. i'm an SUU student so i live in Cedar City. is there a facebook group i can join to get in touch with more southern utah players (like in St. G etc.)? i'm looking to get into the scene.

also im willing to travel up north for tournaments. i play alot of Dota 2 so if i'm up north i would be back and forth with LANs.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Here's to hoping our numbers keep growing and we explode by the time when Smash 4 comes.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey guys i'm brand new to smashboards and i play alot of Project M and Melee. i'm an SUU student so i live in Cedar City. is there a facebook group i can join to get in touch with more southern utah players (like in St. G etc.)? i'm looking to get into the scene.

also im willing to travel up north for tournaments. i play alot of Dota 2 so if i'm up north i would be back and forth with LANs.
yo what's your ranked MMR? I'm 4.5k solo and would LOVE to play dota with you. sinz is also a good player. there's another guy i recently met from SLC that plays, although we haven't met in person yet. super wario plays too. I would LOVE to have a lan with all of you guys at my place some time. I know of one other person too. We could actually get 5 people together for some ranked matchmaking on LAN...that's something I've never had the pleasure of doing. can we please!?!!?

add me on steam http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/herbivorestyle

edit-

found some lady selling gamecube games on ksl for 100$ for all or one for a "5 piece" (that's 5 bucks, right?)
melee was in there, called her this morning and left her a voice mail. hype steadily building

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
yo what's your ranked MMR? I'm 4.5k solo and would LOVE to play dota with you. sinz is also a good player. there's another guy i recently met from SLC that plays, although we haven't met in person yet. super wario plays too. I would LOVE to have a lan with all of you guys at my place some time. I know of one other person too. We could actually get 5 people together for some ranked matchmaking on LAN...that's something I've never had the pleasure of doing. can we please!?!!?

edit-
found some lady selling gamecube games on ksl for 100$ for all or one for a "5 piece" (that's 5 bucks, right?)
melee was in there, called her this morning and left her a voice mail. hype steadily building
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28488257&cat=478&lpid=4&search=&ad_cid=4
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28476921&cat=478&lpid=6&search=&ad_cid=4
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28473698&cat=478&lpid=6&search=&ad_cid=11
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=28471226&cat=478&lpid=7&search=&ad_cid=8

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah i saw all of those, i'm still considering how I wanna go about doing this, as I can't travel to get them and I won't be able to until next saturday in all likelihood

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
yeah i saw all of those, i'm still considering how I wanna go about doing this, as I can't travel to get them and I won't be able to until next saturday in all likelihood
most everyone on ksl is willing to meet at a halfway point. just ask if they are cool with meeting at a mcdonalds or something by the transit stops. most people don't like giving out their address to random people on the internet.

if you get a wii let me know and i will help you out with it.

MVP

Smash Ace
shoutouts to everyone who attended. seriously. this was my first legit tourney and it was everything i expected. everyone really made it feel like smash was the best game ever invented. everyone was super friendly to me and taught me a lot. people watched as i played my matches which really meant a lot to me cause i'm a nobody (for now :p). i will continue to play Project M competitevly but melee with have to stay friendlies for me. GG's to everyone and thank you thank you thank you. see you all next toruny

P.S. i bring the hype in crews :cool:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
yo what's your ranked MMR? I'm 4.5k solo and would LOVE to play dota with you. sinz is also a good player. there's another guy i recently met from SLC that plays, although we haven't met in person yet. super wario plays too. I would LOVE to have a lan with all of you guys at my place some time. I know of one other person too. We could actually get 5 people together for some ranked matchmaking on LAN...that's something I've never had the pleasure of doing. can we please!?!!?z
I'd be down for this anytime

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448

my solo MMR is trench tier 2.7k-2.8k but in all honesty i've been playing for 4 years and i travel to spectate LANs. i went to TI3 and then a couple weeks ago, the D2L HyperX finals

i'm a team player more than anything

www.steamcommunity.com/id/adlp

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Hey, everyone that was really fun. I haven't played melee in a few years so thanks for giving me lots of advice. I'm down to play any version of smash whenever. No more college, no current gf, my own schedule for work, so I should be free a lot haha.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

I'm a Saint George player who played Melee about 6 years ago. Project M has kinda brought me back into the scene. Let me know if you're ever bored in town!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
DK is who I use in PM too, so add me to that list. I've only played once though
Don't play DK vs Snake. Just letting you know bad things happen.

edit: unless you really know the match up. It's probably 60-40 Snake's favor. but if you don't know the match up it goes really badly.

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

edit: unless you really know the match up. It's probably 60-40 Snake's favor. but if you don't know the match up it goes really badly.
I'm a fast learner.

But I actually just went random most of the time, DK was just the one I liked the most.

MVP

Smash Ace

just counter with mario then ;)

Top Bottom