• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね

I See

Smash Apprentice
If your not high level in melee then there's no point in playing to be honest. that's why I don't play. Its not fun to play that game if you suck.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
On the contrary! I'm not the best, get wrecked by Toma for sure, but I still have fun. All depends on your attitude about it.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
It's REALLY not hard to just NOT talk about games you DON'T PLAY.

And I See, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to explicitly dissuade new people from starting to play smash, whatever the iteration.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol dude even when yo'ure getting owned at first you always have small goals you can set for yourself to meet in every match
the first time i wave shined, the first time i got a shine spike, hell even my first wave dash
even if you aren't able to do everything yet, being able to learn and marvel at the complexity of the game is where the deep appreciation and addiction comes from, and you can have that at any level of skill with the right attitude and awareness

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We should all just talk about Super Sony Bros because clearly it is the best and most widely loved game in the Smash community.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Do you guys have state crew battles often? I can recall a Idaho Vs Utah set I saw somewhere
That was back in 2006... So old... XD Good times, though.

And great...someone else using cyan-colored font... <_<

EDIT: So what's the full address of the tournament venue, again? I can't leave until like 11:30, so I'll probably miss at least the beginning of the crew battle. :(

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Remi IDK when you plan on picking me up but I'm setting my alarm for 10am so that's the latest i could possibly wake up
i'll shower and eat breakfast asap so i oughta be ready by 10 45

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Remi IDK when you plan on picking me up but I'm setting my alarm for 10am so that's the latest i could possibly wake up
i'll shower and eat breakfast asap so i oughta be ready by 10 45
He's picking me up at 9:15 so ugh.... ya... Don't know if you'll read this since it's almost 3:50 but you just posted 41 minutes ago so hopefully you'll catch this.

I See

Smash Apprentice
If your not high level in melee then there's no point in playing to be honest. that's why I don't play. Its not fun to play that game if you suck.
It's REALLY not hard to just NOT talk about games you DON'T PLAY.

And I See, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to explicitly dissuade new people from starting to play smash, whatever the iteration.
Imma be the next Devon. Ready set gooo!

ZykrathOfficial

Smash Cadet
I used to think that way. But, if you keep your mindset like that, of course you're not going to have fun. Every professional smash player started out exactly where we are now (well, some of us are now).

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of sucking and improving....

After getting my ass handed to me at the sandy lock in forever ago, I have been practicing a ton and feel like I have finally reached a decent level of play.
So I'm finally on the lookout for another smashfest to get my ass beat again and improve even more!

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Speaking of sucking and improving....

After getting my *** handed to me at the sandy lock in forever ago, I have been practicing a ton and feel like I have finally reached a decent level of play.
So I'm finally on the lookout for another smashfest to get my *** beat again and improve even more!
Awesome. I was wondering what happened to you.
Y'know, there's a tourney today in Ogden.... :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The schedule changed a bit. It was posted yesterday but you might have to go back a bit to find it. I think it was like 5:30 now or something

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Either or, though I would have a preference towards TA due to nostalgia mainly. Not gonna complain if you want to use PPL. And VS, 2D. 3D is only good if you want to bore yourself for the whole day on one match. Do this at Salt Fest?
Sure thing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The people of logan are leaving to come right now

ZykrathOfficial

Smash Cadet
Dude Zykrath... what's up with the soundcloud in your sig.... it sounds awesome.
It's my work in progress composition that I'm working on XP

GGs all!! Had a blast playing melee, thanks everybody for being so kind and welcoming me with open arms :)
Can't wait to play more with all my new friends C:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
22 entrants for P:M Singles: not too shabby. It's unfortunate that I couldn't stay for Melee, since I would expect a similar turnout for that as well.

Shoutouts
@ Sinz Sinz : Those two sets in Grand Finals were intense. Out of all of the people there, I'm glad that if anyone were to beat me, if was you, since you actually support P:M a lot as well and is a known high-caliber player. Too bad the sets weren't recorded.
@ Jekyll Jekyll : Your Luigi is even more of a pain to deal with in P:M than in Melee... XD I manage to get my revenge on you for the Neumont tournament! So IT'S YOUR MOVE, KAIBA JEKYLL!
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk : It's too bad P:M doubles was so short so we couldn't be much teams practice in. Hopefully we get a lot more chances to do so before Salt Fest. And I think you would enjoy the game more if you didn't have the mindset that your character should have a monopoly on top-tier status. LOL
@ Support. Support. : Thanks for setting up this tournament. It did a good job at introducing the competitive scene to those in Ogden County. Hopefully, everyone stays and the scene grows due to this.
@Meleeruler: Out of all of the players that I've never played before, you were the one that I had the most trouble with. You play pretty smart; it's a shame there was a lot of suicides and misplays in our set. Hope to see you at more events.
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto : Thanks for actually help guide the young Padawan in running the tournament. :laugh:

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I keep forgetting that there are people who haven't been following me back when I only stuck around the Midwest boards and Brawl Sheik boards, and know of me now but only by my newer tag.

I should just change my name again, to fix the confusion. Or add to it.
Ankokusight?

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Thanks everyone for the GGs. It was a great tournament with a great turnout.

Shoutouts to:

SuppRT for hosting.
Tsu for being my P:M partner.
MVP for the crew battle hype and that amazing set that went to game 3.
Tuesday for being all-around very friendly and encouraging to us newer players.
SuppRT again for the $2 donation.

Hope to see you all at the weekly smashfests!

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Wobbling is stupid.
P:M is hard.
Nobody but Devon wanted to MM ;-; although I'm sure Tomacawk would've if I'd asked lol.

Had a ton of fun everyone! =) I'm glad I got to meet a lot of you IRL and play some funfunfun friendlies and then get super cereal in bracket. I still need fox practice, so all you SLC players step it up in hosting centrally located fests lol. Disappointed I never got to play with a couple of you.

DEAR SCRUBS: come to all events posted in this thread (when possible).

edit: OMG SUPER SHOUTOUTS TO SUPPRT, PREMIER T.O. OF NORTHERN NORTHERN UTAH. Great tourney, great venue, keep em coming. I'll supprt all of them.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Thank you guys for showing up please tell what you like and what you didn't like it really helps me get better at these things lol results will be posted by sinz maybe idk yet I'd have to check my PMs put yeah!!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Project Melee Doubles
1. Sinzacawk - Tomacawk and Perfect Chaos
2. Mars and me - Mars and Jekyll
3. Aperape - MVP Neon

Project Melee Singles
1. Sinz Snake Roy Fox Olimar
2. Perfect Chaos Sonic Sheik Marth
3. MVP Donkey Kong Samus Mario
4. Jekyll Luigi
5. Tomacawk Fox
5. Meleeruler Mario Falcon Donkey Kong

Melee Doubles
1. Perfect Cawk - Sinz and Tomacawk
2. Ultimate Losers - Jekyll MVP
3. MBBP - Mars Tuesday

Melee Singles
1: Tomacawk ($39.00) Fox
2: Jekyll ($19.50) Luigi
3: Tuesday ($6.50) IC's
4: Sinz Fox
5: meleeruler Falco
5: MVP
7: SuperW0rri0
7: Shiro
9: Chuck Waffles
9: Colus
9: Jysau
9: Jake
13: Remioli

If the results for pm singles are inaccurate(4-7th) please let me know. Tio crashed before I saved.

Was a really fun event. I had a really good time.

@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos I was not expecting to have grand finals start with me getting 3 stocked by your sonic only to to go to 10 games and have me win. I was very impressed. Your sonic and sheik and everyone are so good. I loved our set. Its a shame we didn't record it but it happens.

@ Tomacawk Tomacawk so much fun. Was good teaming with you. Good job in melee. You worked hard. GO ON KSL NOW AND GET A WII.

@ Support. Support. good job with the tourney. I hope I was able to help.

@ Jekyll Jekyll dude. your luigi. holy crap. good job.

@ Tuesday Tuesday I will never forgive you for using IC's. But you played really well. Good job!

@MVP Dude, your mario was freaking hard to play against. I hope you keep working on PM because that was really fun.

@-Mars- dude. thats all that needs to be said. It was awesome seeing you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom