• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Y'all just need to learn the matchup... and there isn't a super good Jiggs here. There's a reason Hbox is a villain and Wobbles wasn't.

MVP

Smash Ace
everyone says console gaming is out, but i heavily disagree. there's nothing better than holding a controller and binging hours upon hours into the highest quality of gaming experience. i don't like free-to-play and i really don't like pc. the few pc games i do like are Diablo 2 (i prefer 3 on the console), black and white, and starcraft (even though i suck ballz at it haha). but if you want the best in gaming, consoles are where its at. age of empires 2 is cool

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
really the only thing about consoles i like is having a controller rather than a keyboard/mouse, but for many games a keyboard and mouse is the only way to play

Tomacawk

Smash Master
kafeneio's, on the 22nd of feb. i believe, but i could be mistaken. there are weeklies on thursdays in ogden. there's daily stuff going on at neumont from what i understand, too.

MVP

Smash Ace
kafeneio's, on the 22nd of feb. i believe, but i could be mistaken. there are weeklies on thursdays in ogden. there's daily stuff going on at neumont from what i understand, too.
shweet, could someone post more info on that tourny (times, games, etc.)? (sorry i don't know kafeneio)

Tuesday

Smash Ace
If console gaming is dead, you need to inform the 10 people a day to whom I sell N64s for almost $70 a pop.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking of doing this.
Real talk: first and foremost, play whoever you have the most fun with. That said, I would be thrilled if you played Puff. We have our bases pretty covered as far as characters go in Utah, so our repertoire of matchup knowledge for when we go out of state is pretty good. But we honestly have a severe lack of high-level, super-active Puff players. This could be a huge problem for when OOS tournaments or players have Puff mains that could potentially dominate us just because of a lack of MU knowledge.

PS: Currently playing Melee here in Provo with Masked Epsilon. Anyone who wants to come over and play is welcome. I also have P:M and Brawl, and another TV, so if anyone wants to play any of the other games I'd be open to that. 512-968-0621

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
will kafeneio's have a PM ladder too and a prize pool/buy in? this would be my first smash tourney so I wouldn't know what's up

Tomacawk

Smash Master
we could probably do a pm tournament with enough interest, but typically it's brawl tournament + pm / melee friendlies

Jekyll

Smash Ace
We actually ran a decent-sized last-minute PM tourney at the last one.
....Even though it was just $1 entry :p

I think that there could be enough interest to make it a proper event. Even if we just do pools into a 4-man bracket or something simple, it would be worth it for the practice.
I mean...I'm never gonna beat sinz's snake if I never get to play it.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
everyone says console gaming is out, but i heavily disagree. there's nothing better than holding a controller and binging hours upon hours into the highest quality of gaming experience. i don't like free-to-play and i really don't like pc. the few pc games i do like are Diablo 2 (i prefer 3 on the console), black and white, and starcraft (even though i suck ballz at it haha). but if you want the best in gaming, consoles are where its at. age of empires 2 is cool
i dont really know why people dont think pc games aren't played with a controller... i'm currently playing dark souls on pc with a 360 controller and it's amazing

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
like i said people
22nd is not 100% confirmed im waiting for an confirmation email
and what of it
last tourney seemed so anti-brawl it was annoying
should my tourney's be the same hmm???
maybe i'll be like
no PM! No Melee!
its my tourney tough luck GGs KTHXBAI

but a few melee players and i mean like 1 or 2 im on great terms with
so i don't mind if u bring melee setups or run ur own round robin
we'll see i guess :)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
i dont really know why people dont think pc games aren't played with a controller... i'm currently playing dark souls on pc with a 360 controller and it's amazing
As if that game isn't painful enough. Trying to play it with a mouse and keyboard would be the difference between learning to ride a bike and learning to ride a bike that's actually a rocket-powered shark aimed at the sun.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
As if that game isn't painful enough. Trying to play it with a mouse and keyboard would be the difference between learning to ride a bike and learning to ride a bike that's actually a rocket-powered shark aimed at the sun.
This.

Keyboard + Mouse is infinitely superior.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
i tried. you wouldn't believe how bad it is, literally unplayable

-Mars-

Smash Hero
like i said people
22nd is not 100% confirmed im waiting for an confirmation email
and what of it
last tourney seemed so anti-brawl it was annoying
should my tourney's be the same hmm???
maybe i'll be like
no PM! No Melee!
its my tourney tough luck GGs KTHXBAI

but a few melee players and i mean like 1 or 2 im on great terms with
so i don't mind if u bring melee setups or run ur own round robin
we'll see i guess :)
Stfu Gaylord. Give the people what they want, which is melee. Not boring ass brawl

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
But we honestly have a severe lack of high-level, super-active Puff players. This could be a huge problem for when OOS tournaments or players have Puff mains that could potentially dominate us just because of a lack of MU knowledge.
Jigglypuff used to be one of my mains way back in the day, but since I have to play pretty defensively with Jiggs, I started to stray away from her over time, and only really play her in doubles since I consider Jiggs the best doubles character.

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Guys, I have a serious question.

What should I do if I legitimately think Falco has become my best character, but I HATE Falco?

Top Bottom