• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Everyone, I think we me missing the important thing here. Kenny double posted. Report him! He's a witch!

Jekyll

Smash Ace
But...I can't stand him.

Plus everyone plays Falco. That's boring.
If you don't enjoy it, don't do it. You're not going to have any reason to push yourself past a plateau.
I think you should play whoever you like and whatever character fits your playstyle. At the same time though, if you like to win, I wouldn't recommend playing Pichu just because it's fun.
You've got to find a balance.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
It just seema like everyone uses Falco. Maybe it's just Utah though. And I still plan on going Marth as my main, I'm kinda thinking of secondary. CF is another candidate.

Np Bobert, hope to see you there ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It just seema like everyone uses Falco. Maybe it's just Utah though. And I still plan on going Marth as my main, I'm kinda thinking of secondary. CF is another candidate.

Np Bobert, hope to see you there ;)
I don't use Falco.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
careful kenny there are some turbo nerd mods that are going to sniff out this double post and punish you to the fullest extent of their point system

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Real talk: Who's going to Vegas this Saturday? Me and 2 of my roommates, possibly a 3rd, are going, with us stopping in Cedar City to pick up @aRes_fuRy on the way. If we have any more, we have the option of taking 2 cars. We plan on leaving Saturday morning at around 7am. It will be an all-day, $30 (not including gas) adventure.
I live in cedar city too and am from las vegas myself! what are the details behind this trip? im new on the forum so idk wtf is going on

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I live in cedar city too and am from las vegas myself! what are the details behind this trip? im new on the forum so idk wtf is going on
lvlupexpo. Google it. It's a gaming convention, and there's a melee tournament.

I See

Smash Apprentice
I put all my smash time into improving at brawl. I want some brawl soon dammit.

D

Deleted member

Scotch, where at in Texas you living?

I just moved here from Austin. Are you going to Forte or Whobo?
Sorry that it took me literally months to answer back, but I live in the DFW Area.

Lewisville to be exact. I'm going to PARG 2 this week out in Irving.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Sorry that it took me literally months to answer back, but I live in the DFW Area.

Lewisville to be exact. I'm going to PARG 2 this week out in Irving.
Going to DIME? I might go.

I put all my smash time into improving at brawl. I want some brawl soon dammit.
I played Brawl yesterday. Still bad lol. Anyone have any recommendations for sets I can watch that are considered "textbook" high level play that I can learn matchups from?
Edit: please don't lock me away, double-post police; it was an accident I swear! D=

alright so which one of you has been reporting my double posts but isn't reporting these guys
benedict arnold amongst us

also, double post (for sciene),
does anybody here play terraria?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Any of the more common matchups. I still don't have a main, and basic knowledge is important even outside main character realm. I would like to main Falco probably, though. Fox is my best character but I have a feeling he's very limited, and I'm confident in my ability to practice and learn.

alright so which one of you has been reporting my double posts but isn't reporting these guys
benedict arnold amongst us
Maybe because I begged mercy from our moderator overlords?

also, double post (for sciene),
does anybody here play terraria?
I have like twice. I have it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Any of the more common matchups. I still don't have a main, and basic knowledge is important even outside main character realm. I would like to main Falco probably, though. Fox is my best character but I have a feeling he's very limited, and I'm confident in my ability to practice and learn.
How to beat X with Fox Tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuqpW25oEQ

Tuesday

Smash Ace
So I iCs are really hard to pick up anyone have any advice?@Tuesday preferably:-)
Get your punishes down first. That's the easy part. There are a couple of guides on the character discussion board, including tech and character MU tips. After having solid punishes on every character, you have to learn how characters move when playing, and trying to predict their movements well enough for the hardest part: appropriate interception and setup. Movement and execution have to be very precise, and honestly it would be better for me to explain in person. For now, practice handoffs and Dthrow dair chain grabs against spacies and Falcon.
No more Ice Climbers
No more
stop
stahp

supprt pls
=( someone has to continue the legacy when I leave. Also, I think everyone is underestimating how limited and incredibly difficult this character is.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
just don't get grabbed, easy.

Dehf is the falco you want to watch for matchup information. He's the best falco. There's a few others, like one from japan but I can't think of any names off the top of my head.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Also, I think everyone is underestimating how annoying and incredibly wobbley being in losers bracket is.
ftfy

btw I'm just kidding lol. But if anyone thinks I'm just gimmicks I'd be happy to money match with my alts lol.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Really need to work on my Melee Peach again :/ Got a little bit back, but not near enough to really be competitive I'd feel.

And going from P:M to Zelda to Brawl Zelda is horrible >.< I derped super hard.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
just don't get grabbed, easy.

Dehf is the falco you want to watch for matchup information. He's the best falco. There's a few others, like one from japan but I can't think of any names off the top of my head.
Rain is a good Falco from Japan, he now plays Meta Knight mostly but he sometimes counters as Falco and it used to be his main. Also, Dehf is also called Larry on some of the youtube videos. So you can look for them that way as well.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
i dont really know why people dont think pc games aren't played with a controller... i'm currently playing dark souls on pc with a 360 controller and it's amazing
Joining late tot he conversation but i'll just pitch in.... this game is an exception.... it was the worst pc ports of all pc ports and so a controller is infinitely times better for this game then keyboard and mouse. Any other game that's not a hack and slash, arcade game, or a platformer is better played with a keyboard + mouse.

EDIT:
@ Tuesday Tuesday Idk if it's been suggested already... i'm about to eat and i don't feel like reading but I think you should watch Apex 2013 finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGffJfBkd0

Top Bottom