• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Perhaps the people co-running this tournament should get everything planned and settled before answering questions about it...
Trust Me I know. Everything is planned correctly we had a big discussion today amd we figured it would be in our best interest to not do a PM bracket due to time and what not. But if he or if anyone doesnt show because of no PM bracket, then thats their fault.
EDIT:Dont get me wrong I'd love to have a PM bracket but right now it doesnt look to bright

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Rival Tournaments Presents Encounter 1

Where: Game Vault(2671 Washington Blvd. Ogden Utah 84403)
When: January 25th 2014
Fee: $3 Venue/ $5 per Event
Games: Melee(singles only) Brawl(singles and teams)
Registration Starts: 12:00pm
Registration Closes: 2:00pm
1st Event Starts: 3:00pm

Questions? Feel free to contact SuppRT, Shiro or Tsu.

Yes, I know I'm a double postin' choob. GOML!!

NOTE: This is not set in stone!!! This is for everyone who is interested in going. <3 SuppRT

aRes_fuRy

Smash Cadet
What's up Utah! I just got back into smash recently and was wondering if there are any fellow smashers in the Cedar City area besides myself? :p

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
And if you're willing to drive for tournaments, you're better off just going to Vegas for them since they are relatively the same distance compared to the Salt Lake valley yet they have better players overall.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Gonna be honest with you
I don't think very many smashers all the way down in Provo
Are going to make it.
Hell I might not make it
That is pretty damn far

-Mars-

Smash Hero
And if you're willing to drive for tournaments, you're better off just going to Vegas for them since they are relatively the same distance compared to the Salt Lake valley yet they have better players overall.
Meh not really. They have two players that are extremely good, overall quality of our scenes is pretty comparable though.

Salt Fest:

1. Fow
2.Z
3. Utah
4. Utah
5. Utah

Every time we travel there, Utah players place in the top 5.

Unless you're talking about Melee

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dood I placed 9th that one time I went to Vegas when I was even worse than I am now cuz no one knows how to Yoshi.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Gonna be honest with you
I don't think very many smashers all the way down in Provo
Are going to make it.
Hell I might not make it
That is pretty damn far
I already knew that this was more aimed at people in the slc-ogden area because i know what it is like to have to travel Provo and back so if any Provo area smashers come then that ll be cool if not because of how it is then i totally understand.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any chance we could get the OP title updated with the events coming up? Also, depending on our schedules, me and a buddy might be able to make it for the thing on the 25th.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Meh not really. They have two players that are extremely good, overall quality of our scenes is pretty comparable though.

Unless you're talking about Melee
I was half saying that their top is better than ours and half saying that their scene is bigger than ours (I would assume, since it's hard to be smaller than ours LOL). I guess I just worded it badly. I was also referring to both games, as well.

And I live in the northern part of Salt Lake, right by the west part of the belt route that goes up north, so it's pretty convenient to travel to Ogden, actually. Although I'm still not sure if I'm going or not.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
I was half saying that their top is better than ours and half saying that their scene is bigger than ours (I would assume, since it's hard to be smaller than ours LOL). I guess I just worded it badly. I was also referring to both games, as well.

And I live in the northern part of Salt Lake, right by the west part of the belt route that goes up north, so it's pretty convenient to travel to Ogden, actually. Although I'm still not sure if I'm going or not.
you should go i want to play against sheik

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Well I'd love for everyone to make it! And what would you guys think about a Brawl-less tourney

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
IMPORTANT: Abbey (my wife) and I got in an accident heading home from Illinois. Car flipped several times. Please, don't ask questions yet. Just provide prayers or good thoughts or whatever you can. It would be most appreciated. I'm pretty okay, she is not as okay. I'll give updates as I see needed when possible.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
good thoughts = given
i trust the universe
do your best to avoid being tsufreto and get really stressed out (easier said than done..) everything will work out the way it should :)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
you should go i want to play against sheik
Lies. Nobody wants that.

Well I'd love for everyone to make it! And what would you guys think about a Brawl-less tourney
Sounds good to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the majority of our Brawl community located south of SLC? It's probably not likely that many of them will show.

IMPORTANT: Abbey (my wife) and I got in an accident heading home from Illinois. Car flipped several times. Please, don't ask questions yet. Just provide prayers or good thoughts or whatever you can. It would be most appreciated. I'm pretty okay, she is not as okay. I'll give updates as I see needed when possible.
Done. Take care, and don't beat yourself up.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's horrible. I wish I could be there to help you out as you were for me when I got into the accident after Salt Fest, but since I can't, I can only pray for the best. I hope for the best for your wife, especially.

@ Tomacawk and Roguay: It's a little early to talk all light-hearted and make jokes, don't you think... <_<

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Sounds good to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the majority of our Brawl community located south of SLC? It's probably not likely that many of them will show.
nope its even or slightly more in slc
tane,mars,colus,me,ebo,IC,zz,charity,final,seph,Rush

provo smashers are more active at times so it seems that way

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Forget that! Keep Brawl! I'll probably enter melee but I won't be there without brawl. And right now it sounds like you need as many people because of all the maybe-sayers.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Well with the scene changing and trust me it is. ive been meeting alot of melee players out here, so a melee only wouldn't be a bad idea and if people don't show up because there isnt a brawl bracket then tough **** I could really less right now.

Top Bottom