• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
jokes aside I won't pretend to be able to imagine how difficult it is to be dealing with this, but you seem to be staying strong and positive. my regards friend

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I tend to. When dire things happen, I have a face that I put on, that I don't even realize is happening behind the scenes. I'll have a break down at some point, but not for awhile. The worse thing is, unfortunately, my dog died. The good part of that is the dog died in my arms, literally. Car is totaled, but physical stuff was able to be retrieved. Like I said, I'm bruised, but well. She is being kept alive, but this is life changing for the both of us. We'll see what happens. Later down the road I'll do a fundraiser of some sort, but I'm not worried about any financials now, just about keeping my wife :)

Thanks, all of you. I know some may not really want to hear about this, but I need a vent post sometimes, and despite all things, I get a better response here than the likes of Facebook.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From what I've read so far on the CarePage, it definitely sounds like she's making good progress towards recovery. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly once she's stable and ready for the surgery.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I think we'd all MUCH rather hear of your real-life problems than hear what usually goes on on this thread, Tsu.

We're all here for ya.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Hey, not sure how many out there might be interested (I think most of the guys I've met from Utah are Brawl crowd), but we're having a big video game convention/tournament in the beginning of February. Among the games is Melee. (Along with Capcom fighters, Gundam EXVS, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and more)
http://lvlupexpo.org/tournaments/smash-bros-melee/

The venue is the Cashman Convention Center in North Las Vegas, and besides the game tournaments will feature a ton of various tabletop game, video game, and comic booths and exhibitions.

Also, if pre-registering, you can use the promo code LVMVGBC for $10 off a weekend pass (which essentially means free entry for one game tournament), and be entered into a drawing for a hotel room giveaway.

Please come if you're interested and have the time!
so no brawl this time or what

Jekyll

Smash Ace
that is pretty cool to be born on new years haha

so whats going on today
Smashed with socandrewcer for a bit. Now I've got some super-secret birthday dinner to go to. Wife won't tell me where we're going though.

...If I don't post again in the next couple of days. Please contact the police.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Tim, I'm so sorry. Watching that video had me in tears. I know this must be a hard time for you right now. Just know that I'm here for you for support and I'm sure the rest of the Utah smash community is as well. If you're having a funeral somewhere in the valley, don't be afraid to invite me. I'll make sure to be there.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well. I didn't respond immediately after watching it last night to give it a moment of silence and to let it sink in. Definitely shed some tears watching that video.
I know that you love your wife very much, probably much more than I can even imagine, so the pain that you are feeling is something that I won't be able to fully comprehend. Due to personal family troubles of mine, I must stay home on weekdays, but if you plan to have a funeral on any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday in northern Utah, I will try to the greatest of my ability to attend it if you choose to invite me. But if you want to kept it between family and closer friends and don't invite me, then I won't be offended or anything (so you don't have to feel obligated to do so).

PS: Kind of an unfitting thing to post in the same post, but since I promised him that I would, RJ wants me to tell everyone that he's hosting a Smashfest at his place tonight. He says that he has P:M as well if anyone wants to play that. The usual regulations with his Smashfests. For those new, the only thing you need to know is that it starts at 6 PM and goes to whenever everyone leaves. 8018150145 is his number for anyone new that needs his address or other help getting there. (He lives in South Jordan, for those wondering.)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
rj texted me talking **** about how hes gunna own me in PM wish I could go body him tonight :(

idk what to say tim i don't know you or your wife well enough to consider my input relevant or valid at all. i will say that the way you are outwardly handling this is admirable and you are an incredibly giving and caring member of the smash community. In fact, I haven't met another person so dedicated to their local community. I can't imagine how far your love and care extends to your actual family and your late wife...it's a shame that this had to happen. But you will, eventually, be able to function, and who knows, you may be able to love again. You will never stop loving your wife and I wish there was anything I could do to help ease the pain but it's a struggle you must endure alone. i believe in your inner strength and i know you can get through this, buddy. Take as long as you need. Take everything you need. If we can do anything to assist and accommodate you, know that there is a safety net here for you whether you need it or not. We care about you and are all pulling for you

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
rj texted me talking **** about how hes gunna own me in PM wish I could go body him tonight :(

idk what to say tim i don't know you or your wife well enough to consider my input relevant or valid at all. i will say that the way you are outwardly handling this is admirable and you are an incredibly giving and caring member of the smash community. In fact, I haven't met another person so dedicated to their local community. I can't imagine how far your love and care extends to your actual family and your late wife...it's a shame that this had to happen. But you will, eventually, be able to function, and who knows, you may be able to love again. You will never stop loving your wife and I wish there was anything I could do to help ease the pain but it's a struggle you must endure alone. i believe in your inner strength and i know you can get through this, buddy. Take as long as you need. Take everything you need. If we can do anything to assist and accommodate you, know that there is a safety net here for you whether you need it or not. We care about you and are all pulling for you
I might go tonight to his place. You need a ride? I live in slc

Tomacawk

Smash Master
meh even if i saw that post in time i'd say no, i'm just not down to travel to play on work nights
somewhere more local i'd be down

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So I check out the venue today and we can play on their old flat screen TVs or if I can get a couple people to bring set ups I'd love you long time but me and Shiro played on these flat screen and a the lag is barley noticeable. But that is an option, if to can bring a set up text me at 8019281439 pls and thank you.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
IMO, barely noticeable is fine for friendlies, but I think everyone would rather not play tourney matches on them.

I can probably bring a setup. (I'll text you in a sec)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i wouldn't enter a tournament that plays matches on a laggy tv
fine for friendlies but as jekyll said when competing that isn't really acceptable imo

terry, i'm home usually by 6pm and my bed time is 11 at the LATEST so an hour or 2 would be the ideal smash time for me
im down to play but i'm still pretty demotivated in general. and im flying back to illinois next thursday, as well as have company visiting me from il before that, so i'm going to be quite busy next week / this weekend

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Sheik should be able to destroy Marth. Even if the Marth player is a little bit more skilled, the Marth should still have some trouble against Sheik, so there must be something important that he's not doing.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
The main problem is the mindgames. He can't consistently get the down throw tech chases.

He's very skilled for just starting Sheik recently though.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Sheik should be able to destroy Marth. Even if the Marth player is a little bit more skilled, the Marth should still have some trouble against Sheik, so there must be something important that he's not doing.
I wouldn't go marth against sheik if my life depended on it

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I Sheik ditto when I'm playing serious (which I also beat him in), it's mostly just that he's unexperienced and I'm helping him learn Sheik. He's more used to Doc Mario.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I swear I remember it putting me into a tech chase. It could have been when I was playing Falcon though...

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Mind games are not something so simple as that. That's just a simple read

Mind games are like
The Wong factor
Or making ur opponent think ur safe even though ur not

Reads are a basis of mindgames
They take a lot more thought process than u think
IMO some people are not able to execute effective mindgames,
Sometimes I think don't have them or very inneffective ones