• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Exactly. Reads are part of mindgames. But you're right, maybe it was too "umbrella" of a term to use. It's only one small part.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah sheik combos should look something like downthrow to anything to anything to slap to edge guard

is there anything smash related this weekend?
also I told RJ I was gunna body him in PM and he insisted he's gunna own me because his tech chases are "tighter than an asian vajay"
needless to say there's a confirmed $5 cash battle guys. it's goin down

Tomacawk

Smash Master
also i'm accepting all iron man requests, $5 strike first stage, loser picks stage and character after, first to 5 wins. must use at least 1 low tier, double blind first pick

can't think of any stipulations im forgetting but yeah lemme know who wants some
my low tier's gunna be gnw i think
zelda tho

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
He would occasionally follow up with ftilt to fair, I guess I'm just mixing up my games. But yes, Sheiks need to be able to beat Marth.

It's alright though. He's new to the character, and he just needs time to adjust. Sorry if I'm confusing you all with my bad memory.

Also, how many of you are confirmed to come to our tournament on the 25th?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me and my friend are like 99% going to be there, and we'll probably bring Sinz if he's still game.

Last edited:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
He would occasionally follow up with ftilt to fair, I guess I'm just mixing up my games. But yes, Sheiks need to be able to beat Marth.

It's alright though. He's new to the character, and he just needs time to adjust. Sorry if I'm confusing you all with my bad memory.

Me and 2 or 3 friends confirmed as of now

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
God! I love people on SB you guys are the greatest. Story goes picked her up like less than a week ago, and have had little to no practice with her, Shiro and another Falcon main are like the only practice I had. Mind games aren't even a problem I'm just ******** hahaha!!! But GG's and planning on doing a practice session at the venue maybe next week ill keep you guys posted.

Edit: Also does anyone have any extra cables for a GC I need an Av cable and a Power Cable

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Yup, no pressure SuppRT, they know you're new to Sheik. And for the record, it's a good Sheik imo. It beat my Mario at the least.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I

I'm coming!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i mean im not 100% confirmed but im sure ill find a way to get there
in the next week I will have a couch guys. Jekyll gave me a TV. I KNOW I have a gamecube and melee disc SOMEWHERE in illinois, but I couldn't find it last time I went home. I'll try to find it again. (I don't think I told you guys this, but I'm flying home next thursday and will be gone until sunday afternoon). I'm bringing back my cat (!!!!!!!!!!!!) and hopefully that melee setup. If I manage to find my cube then I'll start hosting fests at my place, as I will have a setup (573 e 1st ave #9, slc ut).

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Well, if China has more than 100k ppl, and we assume that at least 30% of them are women, and 1 in every 10 girls is actually looking for love....
Mars is right; we gotta get on this.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
How in the hell did they manage to get that domain? Asian.com? Can I get Africa.com?

bee keeper

Smash Rookie
Looking to play some Melee or Project M in SLC. Haven't played in years but want to get better. Is there anyone that plays regularly here in SLC?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Looking to play some Melee or Project M in SLC. Haven't played in years but want to get better. Is there anyone that plays regularly here in SLC?
I play whenever I get the chance. Where are you located in SLC? I'm right near State and South Temple. Within a 6 block radius from there we've also got Tomacawk(MeatIsSomethingOrOther), Ebo!, Socandrewcer and the Neumont guys.

You should come check out the tournament at Kafeneio on the 11th. I'm not sure what other melee players are coming, but I'll be there with a setup for friendlies for most of the day.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I play whenever I get the chance. Where are you located in SLC? I'm right near State and South Temple. Within a 6 block radius from there we've also got Tomacawk(MeatIsSomethingOrOther), Ebo!, Socandrewcer and the Neumont guys.

You should come check out the tournament at Kafeneio on the 11th. I'm not sure what other melee players are coming, but I'll be there with a setup for friendlies for most of the day.
Hey what happened to you texting about set ups,?

Top Bottom