• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Can we get an updated OP with the info for upcoming events? Kafeneio and SuppRT's shindig and whatnot.

bee keeper

Smash Rookie
I play whenever I get the chance. Where are you located in SLC? I'm right near State and South Temple. Within a 6 block radius from there we've also got Tomacawk(MeatIsSomethingOrOther), Ebo!, Socandrewcer and the Neumont guys.

You should come check out the tournament at Kafeneio on the 11th. I'm not sure what other melee players are coming, but I'll be there with a setup for friendlies for most of the day.
Great, I live in the Avenues by the Catholic church. Can you PM me or something so we can meet up? I'm new to these boards.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
You should come check out the tournament at Kafeneio on the 11th.
bummer, I'll be in Illinois. Didn't know the monthly was gunna be on the 11th. seems earlier than usual. probably was already discussed but I didn't pay attention/forgot

guys I'm finally finished cleaning/organizing my apartment now that i have a lot of my brother's ****. sofa, vacuum, mop, speakers, etc. my pad's pretty legit now and as soon as I get a setup (hopefully I find my old one at my parent's house) i'm gunna start hosting fests regularly

beekeeper check your pms

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Toma, when you leaving for IL? Because right now it's a freakin' blizzard storm out here (tomorrow is supposed to be -30ish with wind chills).

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
SMASHFEST TONIGHT!!!!
Where: Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
Time: 4:00 to 8:30
Games: Melee, Brawl, and PM.
Bring Yo Own Controller!

BE THERE!!!!!

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Not yet. Most people are in school haha! But it was kinda last minuet so I can't blame people for not showing up.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Airport. Won't land in Utah until 8:30. Confirmed for non-attendence

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Kk smashfest is still going on for those still wanting to come I have a couple of people wanting to come so ya

I See

Smash Apprentice
R.J can make it to the smashfest if he can get a ride after 5. So if anyone can pick him up?

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
I would be down for the fest, but i just happen to have a ton of school **** to do this week. hopefully i can make it to the next one

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
As opposed to supporting my bedridden dad that has who knows how long left to live? My mom works in the evening and I have classes in the afternoon, hence why I can't leave the house for recreational stuff except during the weekend.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
nope since its such super serious business to make it out to a fest out in the middle of nowhere
no you cannot pc u have to go

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
MST stands for Mormon Standard Time really. Means they'll be late. It's a Utah thing, even if you're not Mormon.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I live life on NST, or nugga Standard Time
if I tell you I'll be over in 20 minute you best assume that means 40+

as far as smashfests on a monday, I kinda did this too when I first came into the scene. There are a lot of unique scheduling/lifestyle circumstances in this scene, so you really have to ask around and tailor to schedules / locations if you really want a turnout

let me give you the example of what I did when I first showed up (you're reminding me a lot of those mistakes lol)
I came in, didn't know anyone and was not known by anyone, and was talking about hosting fests with drinking+pot smoking and making the scene super active
when what I really did was come in blind, make ridiculous assumptions, and then create friction as well as do nothing for the scene despite my best intentions

i guess my point is that if you want a turnout from, say, salt lake city, you're gunna need to 1. be near us 2. be near public transit or 3. go far out of your way to accommodate us
there is no way in *hell* i'm traveling anywhere on any weekday. end of discussion. i wake up at 545 every morning for work Monday through Friday and I don't even get home from work until 6 (got home early today because i got a ride from a broworker)
so given my personal circumstance i can guarantee you that, like PC, will never go. and now you're already down 2/4 of the established and dedicated melee players that are here

now if your goal for these fests is to give your *local community* regular smash events to build hype/interest/smash-playing-hobbyists, then that's cool. but just understand that most of us established members won't come on any regular basis

it may feel like we are all talking down to you and discouraging you but we are trying to help. one of these days I'll meet all you wonderful new melee players..

-Mars-

Smash Hero
As opposed to supporting my bedridden dad that has who knows how long left to live? My mom works in the evening and I have classes in the afternoon, hence why I can't leave the house for recreational stuff except during the weekend.
Sorry Pc I was just kidding of course

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm aware. I'm just letting people know that it's not because I don't want to come. It applies to any other future event that others host, so in saying this now, I hopefully won't have to keep on de-confirming my attendance.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I live life on NST, or nugga Standard Time
if I tell you I'll be over in 20 minute you best assume that means 40+

as far as smashfests on a monday, I kinda did this too when I first came into the scene. There are a lot of unique scheduling/lifestyle circumstances in this scene, so you really have to ask around and tailor to schedules / locations if you really want a turnout

let me give you the example of what I did when I first showed up (you're reminding me a lot of those mistakes lol)
I came in, didn't know anyone and was not known by anyone, and was talking about hosting fests with drinking+pot smoking and making the scene super active
when what I really did was come in blind, make ridiculous assumptions, and then create friction as well as do nothing for the scene despite my best intentions

i guess my point is that if you want a turnout from, say, salt lake city, you're gunna need to 1. be near us 2. be near public transit or 3. go far out of your way to accommodate us
there is no way in *hell* i'm traveling anywhere on any weekday. end of discussion. i wake up at 545 every morning for work Monday through Friday and I don't even get home from work until 6 (got home early today because i got a ride from a broworker)
so given my personal circumstance i can guarantee you that, like PC, will never go. and now you're already down 2/4 of the established and dedicated melee players that are here

now if your goal for these fests is to give your *local community* regular smash events to build hype/interest/smash-playing-hobbyists, then that's cool. but just understand that most of us established members won't come on any regular basis

it may feel like we are all talking down to you and discouraging you but we are trying to help. one of these days I'll meet all you wonderful new melee players..
This place is right by the Ogden frontrunner station

MVP

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST TONIGHT!!!!
Where: Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401
Time: 4:00 to 8:30
Games: Melee, Brawl, and PM.
Bring Yo Own Controller!

BE THERE!!!!!
gosh.... i just BARELY read this..... i would've came. i'll be there next monday for sure :)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This place is right by the Ogden frontrunner station
i checked google maps, it's a little over 2 hours for me, so i'd probably only come if there was a promising turnout
the trip would be way more fun if we [frontrunner riders] coordinate in the future and ride together

Top Bottom