• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Guys, just got back from Forte (Austin 's melee tournament). It was amazing. I got to play all weekend with some extremely talented people. I feel like in just those 2 days I leveled up a lot and my drive to get better is through the roof. Got a lot of young blood showing up to the tournament as well. 82 entrants in melee singles, with a LOT of them being Austin locals. I'm so happy right now. In the end, Mew2King stole our lunch money, but an Austin local came in 2nd, outplacing Sung, baka4moe, DoH, and Mojo. Next one is gonna be great. Now I'm tempted to sell my kidney and go to Apex.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hey guys! I know this really cool dude who's gonna be in Utah for like a week, and he really wants to play smash while he's there! Where do people go for smashfests or tournaments in Utah, and when are they and all that? His smashboards profile is here: http://smashboards.com/members/pony.140846/

Cool! c:
Cool story, bro...
(Sorry, but couldn't help it on this one. LOL)

Guys, just got back from Forte (Austin 's melee tournament). It was amazing. I got to play all weekend with some extremely talented people. I feel like in just those 2 days I leveled up a lot and my drive to get better is through the roof. Got a lot of young blood showing up to the tournament as well. 82 entrants in melee singles, with a LOT of them being Austin locals.
Prepare to lose your drive again when you come back to Utah with our 2-8 amount of Melee players. XD

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Merry Christmas indeed! Or, if you don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays! Or, if you don't celebrate holidays, Joyous Winter!

Hope you all have a happy day today nonetheless, or have had a happy day today, or something. Screw it, I'm going to sleep.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yeah, merry Christmas and happy boxing day, because we all know that boxing day is a big celebration in Utah and absolutely needs to be mentioned in the Utah thread

Killed the thread for a day

Smoom77

Smash Master
LOL that's been my sig since 2008. I'm just too lazy to care about changing it.

Sam, we have more than six. I can think of eight off the top of my head that can all go toe to toe with each other and I'm probably missing a couple. Then there are quite a few decent players that could get up there if they tried. We're pretty close to where we could actually have a top ten if we wanted.

Back! But okay cool. In Houston, we used to have a really active scene but it's practically dead now. The competitive players, they don't have smashboards accounts? About what skill level are they? Any videos?

I've been trying to decide between BYU and USU so this is another pro for BYU!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
ShiroTagachi/SuppRT, I could PM you and ask but this might be good for everyone to know, but which games are going to be at this tournament on the 25th and who is all confirmed?

I See

Smash Apprentice
Back! But okay cool. In Houston, we used to have a really active scene but it's practically dead now. The competitive players, they don't have smashboards accounts? About what skill level are they? Any videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remTplxRGrM Heres some tourney play. its from a while though.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well I can help you with your ICs if I come!!! What area are you in?

oh and yeah I know them, but I thought they were inactive?

I See

Smash Apprentice
Well I can help you with your ICs if I come!!! What area are you in?

oh and yeah I know them, but I thought they were inactive?
Thatd be great! I'm in the Salt Lake area dood. X still plays, but yeah yaz for the most part is inactive.

I See

Smash Apprentice
I feel self conscience cause I played way bad at that smashfest, and recently got much better. But still, any tips from a high level ics like yourself is much appreciated!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Tourney at Kafeneio's on the 11th (Devon is hosting), then there's one on the 25th at Game Vault in Ogden the 25th (by SuppRT/Shiro). And if anyone is interested, DDR tourney the 18th in Provo.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Im up at USU :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I play both. I get up to USU on thursday, I'm at the old main view apartments

Top Bottom