• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm definitely better at Melee than I am at P:M. (It's weird, since even when I play the same person with the same high-tier match-up in both games, I do much better in Melee. Part of the reason is that the other person is doing worse due to it being a little harder to execute stuff in Melee, but it seems that the choices I make in the same situations ends up being better in Melee for some reason.) But I have more fun playing P:M than I do when playing Melee these days. And having fun is what should matter the most, IMO, so I tend to rather play P:M if given the choice.

(And MVP for Most Versed Poster, since he snagged this thread's 30,000th post. XD)

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Ain't nothing wrong with PM. Play whatever you prefer. Pretty much same attitude I have with melee and brawl. But if I were to give you an honest opinion, I don't think PM will ever get internationally, or even nationally, competitive. And that's got nothing to do with the game itself; it's purely because of the fact that it's a fan-made mod of a copyright game. Counter-strike started the same way, but that was quickly supported and even bought by Valve. PM doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the same treatment from Nintendo.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, though. Especially knowing the devs of PM and how much they put into their project.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Thanks for the GGs everyone I played last night, and thanks to you Jekyll for hosting. I also thought I was pretty decent, but well...let's just say a Knee in the face says otherwise...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
iunno i played pm 3.0 yesterday and that **** was ass
i liked the old pm better
all these balance changes really make me salty and i still can't ****in wavedash oos

idk i don't think i'm ever going to be on board with pm 100%
it's cool and i'm fine with people playing it but i wish i could unregister for salt fest and get my money back cuz i dont wanna play that **** anymore [just pm]

Tuesday

Smash Ace
What do you consider as getting to this, anyway?
Apex, Evo, and MLG level streams and endorsements. Not just as a side event, but main event with sponsors. If it got international attention, Nintendo could very easily file a cease and desist.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
were there not balance changes? dd fsmashes had absolutely ridiculous range and there was something else i can't remember
also i can't see falcon's tech away animation. it looks like a standing tech to me because the startup animation seems too long

maybe they're elaborate johns because i subconsciously dont want to like pm or something but it just feels off

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nothing was changed regarding dashdancing, so I'm not sure what you mean by that first thing. Also, the only changes to Falcon are:
- Side-B landing lag slightly reduced upon connecting with an opponent, now is the same for Side-B whiff or hit
- Grounded Falcon kick endlag is slightly longer (pretty sure there's still less endlag than Melee Falcon though; just not as ridiculously short)
- Falcon Kick is now B-reversible

Most characters didn't get many significant changes and some none at all.

MVP

Smash Ace
Lol. Yea you'll never catch me playing a fan made game competitively.

all those who say they'll never play PM competitively: Hax, Mango, and Armada all play PM competitevly.

iunno i played pm 3.0 yesterday and that **** was ***
i liked the old pm better
all these balance changes really make me salty and i still can't ****in wavedash oos

idk i don't think i'm ever going to be on board with pm 100%
it's cool and i'm fine with people playing it but i wish i could unregister for salt fest and get my money back cuz i dont wanna play that **** anymore [just pm]

3.0 is legit... and you CAN wavedash oos, you just have to lightpress shield instead of full press

EDIT: fox and falco are virtually unchanged from melee

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
DDD's f-smash did not get a change in range at all. The only change to his f-smash was that the spike hitbox no longer hits airborne opponents, and only hits grounded ones for a bounce. So it got a nerf, if anything.

And I've already told Tomacawk about the WD OoS thing. His response was:
"i don't shield that way
i squeeze my shield really tight and it helps me concentrate/focus
seriously lol
i hold my breath during pressure and clench the shield like that
next level stuff"

LOL

-Mars-

Smash Hero
all those who say they'll never play PM competitively: Hax, Mango, and Armada all play PM competitevly.

3.0 is legit... and you CAN wavedash oos, you just have to lightpress shield instead of full press

EDIT: fox and falco are virtually unchanged from melee
What does that have to do with me? I don't care who plays it.

The game is fun no doubt and I play the game at fests and with friends but I'm not gonna invest massive amounts of time into it competitively.

I See

Smash Apprentice
This is soo dumb. Where is the brawl talk? I just invented an ics frame trap edge guard. I desync nana and she does a walking forward smash or up smash at the ledge snd at the same time popo grabs the ledge. Covers all options except meta knights. I can make her charge the smash as long as I want while doing something else with popo

Tuesday

Smash Ace
ICs will most likely never be in an edge guarding position against Yoshi anyway. Still, Isee, that's pretty neat. Probably works really well against characters with more linear recoveries.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well it would work wonders against characters that lack air stall and delayable auto snaps which honestly, in Brawl, most characters have at least one lol.

Really though, outside of MK, no characters can really reliably prevent Yoshi from recovering without outplaying/hard reads, so yeah lol.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So, to be off topic. . . It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'm going to be hosting a tourney out here in Ogden. Jan. 25th to be exact, I gotta wait for Tsu to give me all the details about what the Venue said, so expect a tournament next month.

EDIT: If you wanna know that the venue is it is Game Vault(yes a game store) here in Ogden.
Also I'm going to need help with setups and a crew to help me get everything together so if you can help me call or text me @ 8013821439

Smoom77

Smash Master
Hey so next fall I'll be attending school (either BYU or USU) in Utah. What's the scene like up here (or anywhere between Provo and Logan)?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Brawl is booming in the Orem/provo area
Logan I have no idea

Yamer goes to USU or used to
Haven't heard of him since "12

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
This is soo dumb. Where is the brawl talk? I just invented an ics frame trap edge guard. I desync nana and she does a walking forward smash or up smash at the ledge snd at the same time popo grabs the ledge. Covers all options except meta knights. I can make her charge the smash as long as I want while doing something else with popo
you don't **** but shield grab
and maybe dash grab

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey so next fall I'll be attending school (either BYU or USU) in Utah. What's the scene like up here (or anywhere between Provo and Logan)?
There's a ton of smashers at BYU and in Provo. Logan doesn't have much, maybe a few smashers here and there but none that I know.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
how the do you know???
relative to what everywhere???
do you know where he would be coming from?
could be worse

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
When one says something is a relative term, it doesn't mean that they are comparing it to a specific instance. It just means that the meaning of that term varies from person to person. And I'm not assuming he's expecting that; I'm just giving that as a warning in the chance that he does. If he doesn't expect that high a number, then all is fine.
But yeah, it could be worse. Like if one moves to Idaho or something and asks that question. LOL

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL that's been my sig since 2008. I'm just too lazy to care about changing it.

Sam, we have more than six. I can think of eight off the top of my head that can all go toe to toe with each other and I'm probably missing a couple. Then there are quite a few decent players that could get up there if they tried. We're pretty close to where we could actually have a top ten if we wanted.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I want to play smash more, Im just getting really bored with Brawl/Melee most of the time for whatever reason, I feel like Ive just been burnt out the past year or so.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i've gone through burnout phases. i always pulled through and came back to smash though i'm sure you just need a casual break (:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I took a 6 month hiatus where I didnt play, think, talk, anything smash at all. Came back all excited to get back into it afterwards, that only lasted maybe a month. I dunno, I want to play smash, but once I do, I start realizing that I just dont enjoy it as much anymore. :/

Top Bottom