• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Where all the Northern Utah Smashers at?
This is why Northern Utah Smashers aren't as cool as Southern Utah Smashers -_-
Where do you live and what game do you play? Me and my brother live in Layton and we play Brawl and a bit of Melee

Jekyll

Smash Ace

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
it was already known to not be the next big zelda game
don't worry

just some non canon fun game to pass the time
just like PersonaQ :V
im not big on hack n slash games hence my post
maybe i should pick up DMC

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
So SuppRT and I have been discussing this for awhile, and we'd like to hear you guys' input.

First, we'd like to start a points ranking system in Utah, to promote competition and getting out to tournaments. Players would earn points based on their performance in various tournaments, determining who the "best players" were. Thoughts?

Also, we started a crew, Rival. We will be hosting tournaments spanning from Ogden down to maybe SLC, depending, so that we can get more tourneys around northern areas.

Thanks for your time.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Fest at a tanes on thursday
maz,rocky,ebo lets do this
anyone else too
What time will it be around?

No invite for me? What?
U must be scared of my brawl'dorf.

Smashfest update:
It's on! Still waiting to ask about the meeting room, but we'll just smash in my apartment if it's already booked.
Also, I have parking in a nearby garage secured for up to 6 cars. There's additional parking on the street as well.

201 E South Temple, SLC
If you're coming, PM me with:
  • Are you bringing a setup?
  • Are you bringing a car?
  • Around what time will you be getting here?
I'll reply with directions to the parking garage and my phone#.

All are welcome, but if I can't get the meeting room, I might have to cap it. (Update on this soon)

Time to get my melee on! I suck but I think it's time I get into another game. I'll pm you

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You've got that Eddard Stark, "You're all southerners to me" mentality. :p

And this is the point where I seriously start worrying about Nintendo...
Yo I just started season 1 of game of thrones and this dragon lady chick is ridiculously hot how does that even happen. Like I would destroy her.

Shiro are you on Christmas break? We should play some smash right now I got off work early and I'm bored

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
First, we'd like to start a points ranking system in Utah, to promote competition and getting out to tournaments. Players would earn points based on their performance in various tournaments, determining who the "best players" were. Thoughts?
I already did this back when we actually had regular tournaments, but nowadays with how inactive, spur of the moment, etc the scene is with everything, its almost impossible to make a fair ranking system, so about a year ago I stopped doing it. I still have all the files and theres a thread buried somewhere on this site for it, but in my personal experience doing this exact thing, until we get actual legit regular events and double digit entrants on a regular basis (which we arent), its not worth putting in the effort.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Yo I'm in town fiendin some melee. Anybody good tryna play this week? I'm in Sandy

Oh and quote my message plz. I assume this thread is active and I don't wanna check it every time

Final Smashfest update:
201 E South Temple, SLC
Starts at 6PM

MVP

Smash Ace
Ogden area.I play PM and Brawl.

i'd be happy to show you a thing or two ;) i'm in kaysville

Final Smashfest update:
201 E South Temple, SLC
Starts at 6PM

i'm off work in an hour and thirty! let me check what i'm doing asap and i'll get back to you as soon as i can

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
So SuppRT and I have been discussing this for awhile, and we'd like to hear you guys' input.

Also, we started a crew, Rival. We will be hosting tournaments spanning from Ogden down to maybe SLC, depending, so that we can get more tourneys around northern areas.

Thanks for your time.

Are we talking about Melee or Brawl? Either way, i do like the idea of a ranking system. also, I'd love to see some events go down in Ogden/Layton area

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I feel that we have enough tournaments now to have a ranking system, it's just that who's actually on the rankings doesn't really change though their actual placing might (unless you're talking about ranking everyone, not just top 5 or 10 or whatever, but that's somewhat impractical) and because of that it doesn't do a ton to promote competition outside of those on it. For example, I don't see any of the other top smashers losing to anyone besides those already considered to be one of the top in state, therefore the list would remain relatively the same.

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to see new or rising smashers get to the level to be able to compete with the best. That's completely possible too. Look at Isee, he has always been decent but it wasn't until recently that he stepped up his game and can now compete with anyone in the state. I wish we had more of that rising competition and I feel that, until we do, a PR won't be super helpful as far as promoting competition. If there's enough dedication to improving, Utah has have enough potential to have a legit top 10 PR.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
omg is melee really gunna happen guys?
as soon as I'm done eating I'm going to walk over to jekyll's. eta 40 minutes. if somebody wants to pick me up, I only live ~a mile a way, but I'm 100% prepared to walk. it would just mean i get to play faster :)
call/text me if you think you can get me, 8 o 1 259 5688

C!Z

Smash Lord
I didn't know there was somethin today =/ Actually kicking it with my brother tonight. Can play tomorrow before 6 if someone is interested.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
No, his opinion is pretty well the same. He just probably doesn't play it due to lack of access possibly.

((Derived from inference of past conversations and assumptions))

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Good turnout tonight. Thanks for coming, everybody.
I'm going to try and do this at least once a month. Is there a certain day that works best for everyone?

For now, we're limited to 4-5 hours. But I'm going to ask around to see if we could maybe do an extended session sometime. Stay tuned.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
every time i start to think i'm good at melee i have days like yesterday where i'm reminded that i actually suck ass
game is hard guys

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Ok My opinions changed for one because a lot of people play brawl so when I actually took it seriously I was having fun. The whole what do you play is a little out there because if you like Smash Bros then you like Smash Bros yes, some are better than other but just because I changed my name doesn't mean I rather play one over the other. I'll play any chance I get.

Top Bottom