• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Errybody on that Melee bandwagon because of the documentary. Hi guys! King Poe here changed my tag this is what I'll be know as from on :3

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Anyone bringing a CRT to the lock-in? From the events page, it's looking like they only have flatpanels.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright well I wanted to not go to this lockin since i heard about it but i guess i have to to play games this weekend
hope i don't get my sleep schedule so ****ed up i lose my job or something

anybody from SLC driving? stop at a gas station or bank so I can hit an atm and i can throw 5 your way for gas
also are there sf4 / umvc3 arcade machines there? are those even real things?
what about third strike?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
They don't have those machines, I'm pretty sure. They do have other classics that are great, and of the console bringing people they might have something, but I don't know for sure. If worse comes to worse, you can catch the trax down to the road it's on, and I can pick you up from there. Come morning I can probably drive you back straight to your home so you don't have to take the trax again.

Also, Project M and Melee have kind of fallen through on my side, unfortunately, but still will have brawl and Brawl-. If anybody has the SD card could throw Project M on it some time, but my Brawl- tourney comes first, unless nobody wants to do the tourney.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'm fine with just walking from the trax as well, it's only a mile or so
i'm still thinking about it, i'm usually tired by 10pm so i don't know how an all nighter is gunna work for me

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
A number of us start to get tied really, but it's still fun XD If you do go, just let me know. It's freezing, and this inversion isn't good for you.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Is Jekyll still bringing melee? Because I still have time to go home and get one if not.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
im gunna stay home tonight
i'm an indecisive flip flopper, thanks for understanding o.o
and is the inversion that bad in sandy already? i've only been to slc and south jordan lately and it's noticeable but not too big of an issue (yet?)

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Let's get a smashfest going on next week. My last day of the semester is Tuesday

Tuesday

Smash Ace
If there's anything jankier than the way I play smash, it's the prizes I get at smash events and how I win them =|

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So I figured that wii nunchaku analog stick can be put in the Gamecube controller no big deal :)

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
The Lock In was awesome!

Thank you very much Jekyll and Tuesday for helping me out so much.

I still suck but I am getting much better thanks to your advice.

Here's hoping another smashfest comes soon!

Rayn of Utah

Smash Cadet
I'm siding with Ken Neth. I rarely, or even never play Melee. But it irritates me when people who prefer Melee are bagging on Brawl 24/7. It's just like "Really dude, you don't ever hear anyone going on a huge nerd rage on your game." Don't get me wrong, I love to play Melee, and I play it when I can. But I just don't play it enough to understand the more advance techniques of the game. But if I could, I would.

Anyways, yo Kenny, when's the next time you guys are getting together? It's been too long since I've played against "actual players". And I need some refreshing on some real Smash Bros.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Can't wait for ****ing finals to be over so I can actually have time to smash again.... SOON MY FRIENDS SOON

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR AN EPIC FEST OF EPIC PROPORTIONS THAT INCLUDES PEOPLE WEARING SHIRTS WITH "EPIC" WRITTEN ON THEM BUT MOST LIKELY WILL PROBABLY ONLY 5 OR 6 PEOPLE ATTENDING

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
K, so, question for y'all right now.

When playing smash, or any game really, what size would you prefer to play well without squinting, or needing to sit five thousand feet away? This is mainly for a competition front in the long run.
If your confused, let's word it like this: When gaming, what is the A) minimum screen size you'll accept (27", 32", etc) and B) your preferred screen size if you were, say four to six feet away from the screen.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I prefer a TV that's about 27", maybe a little bigger. I also sit really close to the screen, but I have vision problems. I don't like the TV too big otherwise I can't sit close and see the whole scene.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I would prefer a giant, 60"+ flatpanel LED-LCD TV so that I can play with a Wavebird from across the room to maximize lag!
But seriously, I would have to go with ~27" like Tuesday said. That's the size of the CRT that I used and the one I had the main set-up for at the last Salt Fest. (I would have used Buzz's CRT which was a bit bigger and more ideal for spectators watching, but people were saying that there was lag on that one for some reason.) I prefer to sit a good distance away from the TV, so if it's too small, everyone would have to get close to it to see the details. And people crowding around a small screen causes viewing problems of its own, as well. Once it gets bigger than ~32", I find myself having to scoot too far back that the controller cable stretches nearly straight, which may cause problems such as accidentally tugging out the controller.

I also sit really close to the screen, but I have vision problems. I don't like the TV too big otherwise I can't sit close and see the whole scene.
You should really get glasses or contacts if that's the case, since you're just ruining your eyes further by doing what you're doing. And considering you're a competitive gamer, you'd be doing this more often than the average person.

On a different subject: when is the next Kafeneio event, again? Also, is there anything going on this upcoming weekend? As I mentioned before, C!Z is in town so I would definitely want to attend a fest.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
K, so, question for y'all right now.

When playing smash, or any game really, what size would you prefer to play well without squinting, or needing to sit five thousand feet away? This is mainly for a competition front in the long run.
If your confused, let's word it like this: When gaming, what is the A) minimum screen size you'll accept (27", 32", etc) and B) your preferred screen size if you were, say four to six feet away from the screen.
I agree with 27". I could go slightly lower, but I dislike it.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Great, thanks for answering that. And with that... *runs away*

EDIT: Reminder on Salt Fest! Pre-registration is LIVE! There are only 3 passes left at the time of this writing at the super early bird special of $15! After that, they'll go to the $20 mark for the rest of this month, then $25 in January, and up and up. Get it NOW. Now now now! And sign-up for any competitions you want to enter. If you're unable to, that's understandable (at the door will be possible), but seriously, get the badge as early as you can to benefit from these lower than low prices! Furthermore, if you want to contribute, there are bracelets available for $5 in which you can then specify which competition you'd like a portion of the proceeds to go to.

Can be purchased at www.saltfest.org/registration

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Getting good prereg numbers early makes it easier to get more OoS players' interests which can lead to a snowballing effect that can make this tournament much bigger. That's why I was pushing people to preregister last year, but by the time people from our scene started doing do, it was a little too late to advertise to a lot of OoS players.

@Mars: I'm not sure who you mean by "40 year old melee player Dood", but he was the one that got 3rd in Melee at the last Salt Fest, if you remember that at all.

Top Bottom