• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Obviously not as salty as you
I still play my main and dont John about him sucking.
Snake is top tier deal with it

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Obviously not as salty as you
I still play my main and dont John about him sucking.
Snake is top tier deal with it
Stop being a little whiny *****. You play your main and lose. Brawl is a fighting game, people play good characters, they counterpick, and you're allowed to play however many characters you want....deal with it.

Character loyalty is for scrubs or people who don't care about winning... which is the whole point of a fighting game.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
since when do i bash my own main constantly hmm????
its just lol when u john about another top tier character
lol at brawl fighting game
we force it into one thats why we have problems like meta knight

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't see why you're getting so salty. You don't have a winning record against my snake or anything.

Also, before you come back with another typical Devon response, notice all I said was "lol @ X thinking of banning MK now" and you flipped out. Obviously someone is a little butt hurt.

___X___

Smash Lord
I don't see why you're getting so salty. You don't have a winning record against my snake or anything.

Also, before you come back with another typical Devon response, notice all I said was "lol @ X thinking of banning MK now" and you flipped out. Obviously someone is a little butt hurt.

Lol, you said "now" meaning you guys think the only reason I'm considering banning meta is because you beat me in tourney. That's not the case. I'm setting up a poll on who wants him banned, and who doesn't. I mainly want people to have fun. It's looking like the majority wants him banned, so It's most likely want I'm going to do. If people didn't want him banned, then I wouldn't ban him. It's my job as a tourney host to give the majority of the people what they want. I'm not one bit scared of metaknight. Especially yours, Kenny. I don't mind money matching you for 20 bucks i you think I'm the least bit scared.

But like I said before, I'm doing what the MAJORITY of people want, who are going to the tournament.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Who's the majority? Scrubs who no one cares about? I'm pri sure everyone in this thread (aside from groupie devon) doesn't want MK banned. And since this will effect the us (the guys who go to tourneys and place) a lot more than a bunch of scrubs who will lose no matter who they play against, you should probably listen to us. And I'm pri sure that the randoms who join the tourney really won't care if MK is banned or not since they don't know much about competitive play anyways.

I guess I don't count since I'm not going anyways, But you should probably take a poll in this thread rather than a biased one among people we don't know.

Here X, I'll even host the poll for you.

[0] YES for ban:
[0] NO for ban:

___X___

Smash Lord
Lol. Hosting a poll here would be biased because only regular smashers could vote, unlike on Facebook where everyone can vote. So stop being lazy, go to the Facebook page, and vote.
And those "random scrubs" are my friends irl. I want everyone to happy, so I can have a big turnout, rather than a few butthurt smashers that go to every tournament. Regardless, I couldn't care less about what you guys thought. I wanted to be fair, but you guys are already go ham. Obviously they care about mk since they are voting to ban him. The only reason I'm going to have a big turnout is because of all the "scrubs". If no one in the Utah smash scene came, it would still be a huge turnout. So I care about the majority.

Looks like I'll just end up making my decision now. MK 'will' be banned from the tournament. You can choose to come, or not, I really don't care.
I'm not gonna do what a small group wants. I'm literally the only one going ham and making the smash scene bigger. Even if it means banning MK.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Why not have the vote at the actual tournament? That would avoid any cases of people just getting a bunch of their friends, who don't even plan to go to the tournament, to vote for what they want, thus getting a better representation of what the tournament attendees want.
But if you're already deciding the final decision now, then I guess it can't be helped.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Lol, you said "now" meaning you guys think the only reason I'm considering banning meta is because you beat me in tourney. That's not the case. I'm setting up a poll on who wants him banned, and who doesn't. I mainly want people to have fun. It's looking like the majority wants him banned, so It's most likely want I'm going to do. If people didn't want him banned, then I wouldn't ban him. It's my job as a tourney host to give the majority of the people what they want. I'm not one bit scared of metaknight. Especially yours, Kenny. I don't mind money matching you for 20 bucks i you think I'm the least bit scared.

But like I said before, I'm doing what the MAJORITY of people want, who are going to the tournament.
No, the "now" is a reference to time as in you just recently started asking if he should be banned. If people put that and the fact that you recently lost to an MK in tourney together, even though both premises are true, that is a fallacious argument.

The fact is though, MK isn't banned in any major tournaments anywhere (inb4 someone brings up whobo), and your friends were planning on coming to the tournament whether MK was banned or not. The only reason they want him banned now is because you brought it up.

But you're the TO, do what you want. I don't care. I posted that because I literally found it humorous that you're voting on banning him. Stop assuming what people mean by things.

___X___

Smash Lord
Lol. You 'just' assumed that I vote on banning him. I don't vote on banning him, or not. I just make the decision.
And good, I hope you don't care. It'll finally get you and the rest of the scene to shut up about something you guys can't change.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Lol. You 'just' assumed that I vote on banning him. I don't vote on banning him, or not. I just make the decision.
And good, I hope you don't care. It'll finally get you and the rest of the scene to shut up about something you guys can't change.
You ****

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Idk, I dont think Im going to go anymore, Id rather just get some sleep and hang out with some friends than be involved in this train wreck anymore.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
__X__, just make a decision and stick with it. The earlier you make it, the better. If for some reason you want to do a poll, it should be at the tournament like P.C. suggested, and it should be for the rules of the NEXT tourney you hold. At this point, less than a week before the tourney, the ruleset needs to be locked.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I never said you voted to ban him lol. L2read. Arguing with you or Devon is completely worthless because it literally goes nowhere ever. So I'm done posting on this.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You=the people voting. You (x) are hosting a vote to ban him and you (everyone voting) are voting on it. I guess you could imply that I mean you personally voted but that still doesn't say you voted for or against banning. Saying someone voted on a subject doesn't imply what their vote is.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lool look how hostile u are!
I don't think my 1st post had ur name in it all hmm
My post was directed at Maz more than you but
Look how defensive u got
Watch ur sodium lvl

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think X is just scared. Crying about the one character who can beat him in tourney. Obviously he's going to ban the one character who can take his pot money away from him.

Hey Chris, you sneak into places all the time, come late and ask to get in anyways. So you're obviously not one for conventions. Why not just let Kenny play MK against you, your brothers and people in this thread? We obviously don't care if we play his MK, and he can still not play MK against the scrubs so they don't whine. Seems like you satisfy both parties and prove you're not a b**** in the process.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Let Chris do as he wants, it's his tourney.

And Devon, your posts do make direct reference to me so I don't get where you're trying to go with that.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I just don't get this "reasoning" for MK being banned because you want people to have fun.

Playing against Devons stupid Toon Link is not fun.

Playing against Kenny's Snake is not fun.

Playing against my Wario is not fun.

Playing against Chris Sonic is not fun

Getting chaingrabbed to death by ISee is not fun.

The random scrubs are going to get 2&3 stocked by anyone decent anyways. I'm going to play super gay with any character as is anyone else and theyre going to vet wrecked.

Their is only a few people who benefit from a random banning of MK....and its not the scrubs.

Edit: and Seph brings up a good point, if you don't care about MK and you're not scared of Kenny's or anyone else's...how about we all agree to no MK outside of semifinals? That way the scrubs can have "fun" being chaingrabbed by Icies, Falco, and DDD before then and then we can get down to actually having a competitive tournament?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Edit: and Seph brings up a good point, if you don't care about MK and you're not scared of Kenny's or anyone else's...how about we all agree to no MK outside of semifinals? That way the scrubs can have "fun" being chaingrabbed by Icies, Falco, and DDD before then and then we can get down to actually having a competitive tournament?
^ This is fine

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Hey guys, I go by Shiro and I'm relatively new to the competitive scene, having been messing around with it for about a year, but never making an account on Smashboards until now. I'm in Layton, and I hope to play against some of you guys at Brawl and Project M. Any help in tournaments coming up or anything like that would be much appreciated. :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I go by Shiro and I'm relatively new to the competitive scene, having been messing around with it for about a year, but never making an account on Smashboards until now. I'm in Layton, and I hope to play against some of you guys at Brawl and Project M. Any help in tournaments coming up or anything like that would be much appreciated. :)
Where in Layton do you live?

I live right by the neighborhood walmart

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I live right by mountain view lol, well right by the Mormon ward a little further into the neighborhood

Top Bottom