• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'll be there with a full setup. I will also bring a melee disc if suckas wan pleh. I will also donate to the X fund.

___X___

Smash Lord
See? Tane knows what's up!! Actually doesn't get butthurt and knows I'm joking:)
Anyways, can't wait to see you all there! I'm sure the tourney will be fun, as always.

EDIT: Yeah, DS4, I really 'do' need to make a Facebook page for my tournament. Just so lazy! I'll be on that very soon though, and will post the link here on the boards when I have it made.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'll be at the venue around noon
so anybody who wants good melee competition aim for that time

pc you're coming, right? plz come pc :foxmelee:

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Hey Utah smashers. I'll be in Orem, UT on Nov 8-9. If anyone is available to play (preferably melee, but I do play brawl) then PM me and we can set something up.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Dammit.... can't make it.... apparently every time there's an event something has to come up that won't let me come to these... I'll have to come next time. * insert butt-hurt comment*

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
*Massages butt to relieve the pain*

Tonight was really fun, guys, and I'm excited to see how the results go!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
BBQpickles I am gunna pm you friend
had fun today guys, i'm getting out of practice i think, and i'm really inspired to improve/play/travel again. gunna do mini shoutouts. feeling very optimistic about the future of utah melee even if we didn't have the most impressive turnout!
erion it was cool to meet you dude. i wanna help you develop because you remind me a lot of how my smash "career" started. and you even play the same character. any time you want to bring a setup to my place to play i'm down
jekyll you're good man. you're a lot of fun to play with even if :luigi2:isnt lol. it's gunna start getting harder for you though because I'm learning the secret weegee techs
pc i hope you get your fire back.i need a doubles partner to defend utah territory next time out of staters come
x you should start playing melee again and push us to improve too. how come you only played 2 games with me and sand bagged so hard? you're larger than life on the boards and irl. i look forward to hanging out with you more :)
andrew i enjoyed meeting and talking with you, even if we don't play each others' games. glad you're enjoying SLC
tane you are so cool. honestly you're always fun to talk to and play with. no homo, extra bromo
rj sorry to hear your story but nice to see you. you beat me at dive kick lol
yaz i was happy to see you. hope to see you around more frequently and rebuilding your melee skills

there was other people I talked to that I didn't catch names of, and maybe I forgot some people too. but either way it was good to see a bigger than usual tournament as well as new faces, for brawl and melee both. sorry to those that missed out. hope to see you at the neumont tournament!
http://smashboards.com/threads/neum...november-9th-2013-salt-lake-city-utah.341352/

___X___

Smash Lord
Yeah, likewise, Tomacawk! I'll for sure play more Melee with you guys. Also, the Neumont tournament is the same day as my tournament, I don't know if you forgot or not lol. But I hope people will come to mine instead of the Neumont, because I guarantee mine will be like 10X bigger. So try to get nuemont to reschedule or something!

EDIT: Okay, I made the Facebook page. Join and invite all your friends!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/409678529159073/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Erion

Smash Cadet
I had a great time. Nice to meet you all!

PeeeeeeeeeeeeCeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

erion it was cool to meet you dude. i wanna help you develop because you remind me a lot of how my smash "career" started. and you even play the same character. any time you want to bring a setup to my place to play i'm down

Man, I really appreciate all your tips and encouragement. I need a lot more experience. Awesome to meet you. We will play again!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol in utah of all places we have conflicting tournaments? didn't expect that
no offense X but Id have to choose the neumont one because it's hosted by a melee only player. can either of you guys reschedule? we got a week to figure this out. both turnouts will be hurt if we just roll with the schedule conflict

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Yeah, likewise, Tomacawk! I'll for sure play more Melee with you guys. Also, the Neumont tournament is the same day as my tournament, I don't know if you forgot or not lol. But I hope people will come to mine instead of the Neumont, because I guarantee mine will be like 10X bigger. So try to get nuemont to reschedule or something!

Oh crap... I didn't realize this. Well, I wasn't the one who scheduled it. Ugh..... I'll talk to the guy in charge and I'l see what I can do.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
th3 only nuemont tourney i would go to would be the one glen hosts cause hes badass and that campus in west jordan is buff

going to chris's tourney

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Just in case anyone else is planning on flying into Apex, the cheapest flight I've found into the area is $244 from SLC to Baltimore, MD (non-stop, taxes already included).

Baltimore is a 2.5 hour drive from the venue. I'll be renting a car, so if anybody else wants to coordinate flights, I'll gladly share the car with anyone willing to pitch in.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wish Smash 4 was out so I cared enough about the game to want to go to Apex :<

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Did anyone pick up an extra controller? It's silver and has three small scratches in the middle by the logo. It's the controller yaz was using before he left.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well I finally got my first pay check and I'm not making enough money to be able to afford to fly to apex so soon

___X___

Smash Lord
So about last tourney, I had a ton of fun!! I guess Kevin and I didn't do so well ahehe. Kenny ended up 2-0'ing me in tourney, and boy has he gotten good! Looks like I'm gonna need to practice if I want to keep up!! Overall, you guys have gotten a ton better. Samson took a game off of me in pools. Grats! Almost ended up beating me. Keep up the good work, guys. See you all at my tournament.

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Wow thanks so much! Now I can also come to the neumont tournament!! You're awesome! Hope to see you at my tourney!
Do you have a link? I'd love to be able to come to your tourney, since I'll be in Provo that weekend. Send me a pm or text me 801-750-0744 with details.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
So...I was typing my shoutouts from Saturday when I realized something, and it's so urgent that I have to bring it up now.

Samson...is Wangston.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL Yeah... Ken Neth also has an avatar of Gangstakirby/RJ, and Mars has the best one of them all among ones with a picture of people from the scene that's not them. :3

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
So...I was typing my shoutouts from Saturday when I realized something, and it's so urgent that I have to bring it up now.

Samson...is Wangston.
it served its purpose then

LOL Yeah... Ken Neth also has an avatar of Gangstakirby/RJ, and Mars has the best one of them all among ones with a picture of people from the scene that's not them. :3
jesus ruin the joke why don't you

Top Bottom