• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That just means he spent money just so he can gain access to a paid only forum on this site which is the same as every other forum only you can sensor dodge without being infracted.

I used to be a premium member too; biggest waste of $4 Ive ever spent.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lool assume much??
i got it as a gift

coming from someone who bought it before
and was apparently "homeless" before
and yet you complain about how much you hate it at home
bro do you even rent?
#1stWorldProblems

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lool assume much??
i got it as a gift

coming from someone who bought it before
and was apparently "homeless" before
and yet you complain about how much you hate it at home
bro do you even rent?
#1stWorldProblems
LOL at thinking Im being serious, its obv a joke, LIGHTEN UP A LITTLE BRO. I actually guessed it was a gift based off what you said.

And I WOULD rent if I had the money to, not having a good enough job to support myself while living with parents that are against everything you are that also randomly kick you out at random times makes it pretty difficult, I wont lie. Hoping to fix it soon, but its hard to do college, work, attempt to go to as many tournaments and events as possible, etc while youre not sure if youll have a home to go back to afterwards and no family to support you in tough times.

If I get this job that Ive had like, 4 interviews though, I think I might be able to move out, which would solve SO MANY of my current problems, so Ive really got my fingers crossed for that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i doubt it, and room hopping would solve that
and aisight isn't just a smasher
he is much better at P4A than he is at smash
you wouldve seen him at salt fest
two birds one stone with him
This is super super late, but...

I'm about as good at P4U as I am at Melee, relatively. I blow up anyone who's not above average, and I lose convincingly to high/top players.
Brawl is too hard for me to understand so I'm definitely better at P4U/Melee than I am at Brawl.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Shoutouts to Seph and Gojira for making it out to Evo. Had a lot of fun seeing Gojira again and hanging out with Seph.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Shoutouts to Seph and Gojira for making it out to Evo. Had a lot of fun seeing Gojira again and hanging out with Seph.
Hey, question: Do you play MH3U? I was just on and saw someone with the tag "Minato" on there, so just wondering.

Also, yeah, it is super sick that Seph went out to Evo. I'm going to get back into Melee now competitive-wise, so even if we don't have any Melee tournaments anytime soon I'm going to put in some games with the Melee crowd.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Minato~, sorry I missed you at EVO. :(
Maybe I'll catch you in SoCal sometime.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato~, sorry I missed you at EVO. :(
Maybe I'll catch you in SoCal sometime.
I saw you for maybe a split moment when I reached the venue, but I wanted to see some of the Japanese matches. I didn't see you after that though lol
But yeah, maybe next time.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Hey guys, new to Utah, living in Provo, looking to smash. Are there any melee monthlies or regular smashfests around here?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
LOL at thinking Im being serious, its obv a joke, LIGHTEN UP A LITTLE BRO. I actually guessed it was a gift based off what you said.

And I WOULD rent if I had the money to, not having a good enough job to support myself while living with parents that are against everything you are that also randomly kick you out at random times makes it pretty difficult, I wont lie. Hoping to fix it soon, but its hard to do college, work, attempt to go to as many tournaments and events as possible, etc while youre not sure if youll have a home to go back to afterwards and no family to support you in tough times.

If I get this job that Ive had like, 4 interviews though, I think I might be able to move out, which would solve SO MANY of my current problems, so Ive really got my fingers crossed for that.
Lemme guess, parents are like "Video games are for little kids grow up already"

wangston

Smash Lord
Hey guys, new to Utah, living in Provo, looking to smash. Are there any melee monthlies or regular smashfests around here?

What part of provo do you live in? I live two blocks south of byu. Though I play brawl much more than melee. Fest are usually all brawl but we are more than willing to bust out melee for people who play it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lemme guess, parents are like "Video games are for little kids grow up already"
Lol nah I dont really play games at home anymore, and when I do its when no one else is around so that our internet isnt god awful, they just hate how I have different viewpoints and opinions on almost everything, they disapprove of things I enjoy, them being very religious and me not caring for religion at all, etc.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Lol nah I dont really play games at home anymore, and when I do its when no one else is around so that our internet isnt god awful, they just hate how I have different viewpoints and opinions on almost everything, they disapprove of things I enjoy, them being very religious and me not caring for religion at all, etc.
Lawl, I feel you to the max there man. Pissin' me off too.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
What part of provo do you live in? I live two blocks south of byu. Though I play brawl much more than melee. Fest are usually all brawl but we are more than willing to bust out melee for people who play it.
865 W 500 N or something like that. Still don't know my way around, literally just moved in. Dropped my stuff off on Thursday, and immediately went to Evo. Just got back Monday. But ya, I'd play Brawl, but I'm really bad at it and would love to get some regular practice in for Melee.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There are still some Melee-only players around such as MeatIsMURDER and myself. A lot of the Brawl players also play Melee, and some of them are pretty good (or even better at Melee than Brawl). Come to the monthly this Saturday at Kafeneio, and there will most likely be a Melee friendly set-up at least. I'm too tired to post the details now, so either search a few pages back or wait until later when I or someone else finally posts it.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
865 W 500 N or something like that. Still don't know my way around, literally just moved in. Dropped my stuff off on Thursday, and immediately went to Evo. Just got back Monday. But ya, I'd play Brawl, but I'm really bad at it and would love to get some regular practice in for Melee.

There's also a Facebook group for smashers in the Provo/Orem area called BYU Smashers, though Brawl is mostly played. I'm more of a melee player myself and would be down almost always for a fest.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
what PC said. Come to the smashfest this saturday!!! Guys lets run a melee tournament. please please please pleaseeeeeeeeeee
if we only have 6-8 people we can still do a round robin

tuesday, here's the venue:
https://www.facebook.com/Kafeneiocoffeehouse

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
what PC said. Come to the smashfest this saturday!!! Guys lets run a melee tournament. please please please pleaseeeeeeeeeee
if we only have 6-8 people we can still do a round robin
I'd be sooo down for this, especially if it were round robin because the thing I'm lacking right now is the opportunity to practice. Getting to play multiple people instead of just two and out would help me a lot :D

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
triple post because i'm alpha as phuck:
http://dangermuffin.bandcamp.com/album/beermuda
been fiending this album lately. One of my favorite bands, but haven't listened to this particular album too much. so good

i love round robins dude. everybody plays everybody. super fun, and more appealing to players that aren't expecting to get deep into brackets but still wanna play

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Triple post fail

I live in Provo too. I'm roommates with wangston, we have smash fests at our place fairly often. I'm decent at melee, and if you're trying to pick up brawl I'm always down to help

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
@ Tuesday... ditto to what Casture said. I'm better at melee than brawl even though I'm not too great at it. Glad to see another melee player, and welcome to the group.

-Final-

Aria♪
If everybody interested in melee actually showed up, we could easily get a 15-person tourney

But it's not like I should be the one saying this, since I never show up to anything -_-

Seriously, though. Let's make it happen on Saturday

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I am so there on Saturday. Does this place already have equipment, or should I bring a couple setups? I've got extension cables, power strips, CRTs, 2 cubes and a P:M/Brawl Wii. (I used to work in a video game shop, so I just snagged whatever I wanted lol).

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Nah it was a small, family owned local business. I asked for them and they gave them to me. They would've cost me $5 if I had actually wanted to buy them so they said don't sweat it lol.

Also, request for the FB group sent.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Just as a note: people usually don't parade around the fact that they steal electronic stuffs, especially to people who will be bringing electronic stuffs to activities where original people will be going as well. Generally not a great way to introduce yourself.

"Oh, you steal electronics, eh? Ermm...I guess I'll not be bandying my electronic about when you're around." And people think it in those exact words. Yes, "bandying." It's the sign of a true academic, a college student with no life but to skip said college and play video games in groups with friends instead. Aaaaah, academics.

I'm not questioning any of you of course, just adding a little humorous flavor to the thread.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
SO GUYS, some of my friends and I are thinking about starting a Mario Party league for the lols. We'd meet up weekly at my place (what day of the week it'll be we arent sure yet) and have basically a schedule of who to play and stuff, and the top players at the end will play in the finals, with the winner getting some type of prize (thinking about a $5-$10 entry for the league, and winner takes all at the end). If anyone is interested, let me know (and if you live far, I live literally a 3-4 min walk from a trax station, so thats an option).

Tuesday

Smash Ace
But I don't steal anything ;~;

Except a heart or two. ;)

Ahh, who am I kidding, I game because I'm ronery.... ;~;

Top Bottom