• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i have a massive free week...no work or school wed -sun. so im up for a smashfest anytime but thanksgiving. i'm planing on having one wed afternoon for those who dont have school. pm me for my address.
also...i hate game crazy..yes i didnt win the nintendo wii. it was poorly organized and the rules..all random stages on+all items on medium. i lost in icicle mountain and then in rainbow cruse. BOYCOTT GAMECRAZY!!!

Takalth

Smash Ace
Hey Laozy. I PM'd you yesterday morning, but either you haven't checked them or PM isn't working somehow. I'll be off school today (Wednesday) at 4:00 p.m., so unless the smashfest will be basically over by then, I'd like to come. Email me: Sazabithegreat@hotmail.com with the info. Thanks.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
DURANGO SMASH TOURNY

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90534

When?
Saturday, December 9, 2006 Noon – 6:00pm

Where?
2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 81301

How much?
$10, or come to watch and play for fun, free!

Prizes?
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

MLG Rules

doubles will depend on how many people show. we would love to have UTAH smashers attend!

lengeta

Smash Ace
I really wish CO was closer. It's right next door, yet still a 10 hour drive. Even with air-line employee passes, tickets will still cost you a pretty pile of pennies. No way I'll be able to make it.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Any plans for a smashfest this weekend? Lengeta mentioned in the tournament thread that he wanted to see some more, and I often go into Utah valley on Saturdays, so if he wants to host one, there's a good chance I can come (along with my friend who lives in pleasant grove). Saturday morning/afternoon would work best for me.

If there's no larger smash fests, I would gladly do some smash at my house this Saturday, but I can only support 4-6 people, and it would be nice if somebody brought another TV and cube.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Any plans for a smashfest this weekend? Lengeta mentioned in the tournament thread that he wanted to see some more, and I often go into Utah valley on Saturdays, so if he wants to host one, there's a good chance I can come (along with my friend who lives in pleasant grove). Saturday morning/afternoon would work best for me.

If there's no larger smash fests, I would gladly do some smash at my house this Saturday, but I can only support 4-6 people, and it would be nice if somebody brought another TV and cube.
Me and FTS are planning on doing one this Saturday, probably at Zack's house in Roy.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Me and FTS are planning on doing one this Saturday, probably at Zack's house in Roy.
That may work for me, depending on how late you go (I'll have to look at exact times for my Saturday evening plans). Whose car will be used.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Unless Xysyven gets either some more posts or can report a bit of positive interest from non-smashboards smashers, the size of his tournament will be largely dependent on how many northern Utah smashers show up.

If we really wanted to be pioneers, we could get a lot of us committed to coming to make it bigger, then send messages to AZ and NM. I'm not sure whether that would work or not, but it's a thought.

As for any other December tournaments, the only way I could show up would be if it was before Xsyven's, since his is on the Last saturday that I'll be in Utah.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If anyone does do a tourney in December, the 9th would be a good date to do it on.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL...another one!? I thought USX was supposed to be "The last UST before B1g --- U$T"? Anyway...I'm planning to have a Smashfest sometime in December...probably before Christmas (unless enough people are staying put from the 25th-31th, if so, then I might do it then). Don't get your hopes up, because I'll have to talk about Rafa-Son first to plan out the details (so it may not happen).

lengeta

Smash Ace
December weekends will be tough for me since I work retail at FYE, we've got to get manager approval and everything to request Fri/Sat off. I could definatly pick up a Saturday morning shift, but I wouldn't be off until 4:30ish; good for a smashfest, bad for a tourny.

I also no longer have a place to host one since I'm in a different apartment complex now and my living room is way too small (unless it's a really small tourny). UVSC won't let me run anything that's not related to the school, and starting a club means everyone who participates whould have to be a student. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but if I happen to find a place, it's going to be really short notice. Maybe I'll just try organizing a late night Smashfest one Saturday at my place, buy everyone pizza 'er somethin'.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sorry to double post...

I'm going to throw together a smashfest on the 16th (Saturday), the weekend before the big Christmas weekend. Nothing big, everyone should just come play some Smash at my apartment, maybe a little WiiSports and Guitar Hero (I & II) too. Not a whole lot of room here, but I've got two Cubes, a Wii, and three good sized TVs at my disposal so we don't need other supplies, but feel free to bring 'em if you want to.

My place is at Pinnical Canyon View, the apartment complex right behind Orem's Wal-Mart (UVSC/BYU exit, think it's exit 169). Building 8, back (east end) of the complex, number 1362 on the bottom floor. I'll get some better directions, pictures, a map 'n whatnot up later, too dark and cold outside right now. So for now, here's the actual address:

1362 W 460 S
APT 8-1362
Orem, UT 84058

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
That smashfest conflicts with the date of the tournament Xsyven is hosting in St. George. Not sure if the tournament is going to be big enough to drive to though.....

lengeta

Smash Ace
St. George is only worth it if we get the AZ guys IMO. I'm also working that Saturday till about 4, so I can't make the trip.

KC.pwns.GMAN

Smash Cadet
if we have a carpool big enough im up for it. IF and only IF.
oh god, you are starting to sound like my logic teacher, and hes as boring as watching a documentary over sponges.

I would go, but it is 300 miles out, so we might have to stay overnight if it's a fairly large tournament

lengeta

Smash Ace
I think southern Utah needs to get a couple crappy tornies out of the way so they can find any Smashers down there first. Tornaments will go a lot smoother if there's a group running it rather than one person calling everyone out to him.

Takalth

Smash Ace
On a different subject, do any of you have relatively recent videos, preferably against me? I want to show some of my friends in Missouri (where they don't have a decent competitive community) some of the Utah players, and if the matches were against me, it would give them a good point of reference.

Also, for anyone who hasn't spotted it, yet, there's a new Utah tournament up: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91115

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't think the St. George tourny is going to pull through... sure, it'd be fun and all-- but you guys would only come if it were a large tournament. Sadly, we only have housing for a small tournament.

So unless you guys want to pull tons of money out of your butts and pay for a motel, chances are, it's not going to happen.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I don't think the St. George tourny is going to pull through... sure, it'd be fun and all-- but you guys would only come if it were a large tournament. Sadly, we only have housing for a small tournament.
Whether or not you do this one, I would keep working to get a tournament set up. Even if your first one only has 8 people, nobody starts big. If nothing else, put relevant info in your signature (I stole the idea from FTS), then go post in various places throughout smashboards. No reason Southern Utah can't develop a decent smash community.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
The problem is that we now have a tournament happening up here on the same day. I'm sure Xsyven would rather come to a tournament up here if possible than try to run southern Utah's first tournament, which would be much smaller.

lengeta

Smash Ace
It's also a lot harder to get a free weekend this time of year, so closer touraments are a lot easier. Come summer and I bet we'll totally get a nothern Utah carpool to a souther Utah tourny.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
lengeta, I'm going to talk to my twin brother and see how he feels about the Sandy tournament-- otherwise, we'll pry try and make it to your place. You said you had 3 tvs and 2 cubes? I could bring another cube if you want, and I have 4 controllers, as well as a fairly portable TV. You said you were good on supplies, but if you need em I got em :). Is there room for two more?
Oh, and what time were you planning on starting...?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey any closer to loading them vids?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
FtS if you were talking to me I only have to talk to my twin about the fee, really-- the distance isn't a problem, and I'm not sure how he feels about a team match or whatever, so.. yeah. I have cousins in Sandy, it really isn't that far..

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Despite the fact that you would kick my trash, I still think it would be fun;). If we decide to go to the Sandy tourney, you'd be there then?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Whether or not you do this one, I would keep working to get a tournament set up. Even if your first one only has 8 people, nobody starts big. If nothing else, put relevant info in your signature (I stole the idea from FTS), then go post in various places throughout smashboards. No reason Southern Utah can't develop a decent smash community.
So. Utah is so small, I doubt a scene would ever emerge. I think I'm doomed to be part of the No. Utah, and Las Vegas scene... LV scene sucks a whole lot though. They haven't planned one large tourny since I've found them.

And to be honest, I didn't even want to host a huge tournament... 3-8 people from the SLC area would be great. If some of you are in college, like I, and have a one month winter break, you guys should totally do it.

My friend and I just want some good smashers to play against. -_-"

Takalth

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, I might make it to Lengeta's smash fest if he still holds it. Chances are, I'll be eliminated by 5 or 6 o'clock.

Also, Cdbobo, I live in Draper, so if you're in the area, I'm free most evenings, and I don't get to smash as often as I want to.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Does anyone on this forum live in SLC? I don't mind the once a week drive to Sandy or Roy to smash but I want to smash more than once a week!!!

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah guy's, I'm still planning on doing my little bash. I'd definatly recommend going to the tournament in Sandy though, it will most likely be a lot better, plus I'm not starting up here until 5pm. We will be playing all freakin' night though.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... That's a good point Takalth, I could probably go to both. However, if I took my brother I doubt he would want to do both... then again maybe he'll really like the tournament atmosphere and decide to like SSB:M almost as much as me :). Here's hoping, heh.
Also, if I'm going to be up near Draper I'll certainly send you a PM and see if you're available :D.

Top Bottom