• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Welcome! I've checked your other posts, yakko789, and guess what I found out, guys? We have yet ANOTHER Samus player! That's right, he mains Samus. :) It's nothing bad, yakko789, it's just, Utah, for some strange reason, has a lot of Samus players.

Gojira

Smash Lord
i hate samus players!!!!

so who wants to go to az?...i do, but no money
I want to, but , i have the same problem. They changed my pay period so i get paid three days after the tourney, how sucky is that. I can come for um entertainment and maybe enter, but I cant supply no gas at all.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't have a problem with traveling cause my mom works at Delta so I can fly for free. yay! The only problem is she won't let me fly unless it's over the summer, :ohwell:
And yes I am a Samus Player! :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
To make your AZ tournament even more complicated, you could leave on the 5th, go to a Las Vegas tournament, then go to St. George, have a small tournament here, crash at my place maybe, then go to Arizona the next day.

Sounds fun! You should totally do it.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Well, it's too late for me to make the AZ trip, but I would have been pushing money really tight anyway, so it's all good.

So, the Smashfest is still set on the 13th at FtS's right? I've got it off already and am excited to finally get to play some different people again. I really wish I was still able to host some more, but we could bearly fit 8 or 9 people in my living room, and there's no where else around here I can go.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Wow! I'm the only 14-year-old here! :psycho: But I'm turning 15 next week...
I'm a little confused here. How did my welcoming you have you tell us your age. I'm not mad or anything, just confused.

Birthday huh? Anyone for a Smash Birthday Hazing for our young Yakko here?

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well, it's too late for me to make the AZ trip, but I would have been pushing money really tight anyway, so it's all good.

So, the Smashfest is still set on the 13th at FtS's right? I've got it off already and am excited to finally get to play some different people again. I really wish I was still able to host some more, but we could bearly fit 8 or 9 people in my living room, and there's no where else around here I can go.
there is a tourney on the 13th. The starting of the FINAL POWER RANKINGS. It will be on the 13th so I see how soopn the topic is going to be put up.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'll keep my eyes open for a location down here. If my roomates were cool with letting me use their rooms we could have a small one here at my apratment somewhat unconfortably, but you've got to realize four other people live here so it's not nearly as easy to work out as it was at a clubhouse. My friends with houses aren't much bigger than here, and UVSC is a bust.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
anybody up to play smash this saturday on the 6th. last time to play before school starts. lets start around noon... somewhere.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So Phil did you and mike ever end up playing after i left in the morning.

And you should include Mike Neil and I in you power ranking sense we come to so many of your tourny or at least Mike and I roll to lots of your tournaments.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
So Phil did you and mike ever end up playing after i left in the morning.
YEA DUDE, I KICKED HIS BUTT BIG TIME. 4-STOCKED AFTER 4-STOCKED...THATS WHY HE LEFT SO EARLY. :laugh: HOW WAS HAWAII AND VORTEX. I HEARD THERE WERE SOME PRETTY FINE LADIES. BIG LADIES

U GUYS PLAN ON COMMING TO THE BIWEEKLIES?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I just got back from a Vegas tournament.

They have more people, but I don't think they have as much talent as Utah does. Or they do, but it's not just concentrated into 5 people.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hmm well im still in Hawaii and its ok, also mike and i are planing on going to the one on the13th but i dont think we'll go to many that the entry fee isnt 5 or more because of gas issues we want there to be a chance that we dont have to pay gas by winning.

And Phil i dont think you four stocked him:laugh:

Gojira

Smash Lord
Hmm well im still in Hawaii and its ok, also mike and i are planing on going to the one on the13th but i dont think we'll go to many that the entry fee isnt 5 or more because of gas issues we want there to be a chance that we dont have to pay gas by winning.

And Phil i dont think you four stocked him:laugh:
I dont want to sound like an *** but....

This tourney is focused for mainly Utah people. As a co-host I really dont want any OOSers coming to this tournament.

I respect you guys wanting to coem to yet another utah tourney while we have yet to coem to one of yours. Just wait until the next one.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well Gojo you dont have to put us in you rower ranking, what you could do is take mike and i out of the placings when you decide to use it for power ranking

Example:
1 PC
2 Rafa
3 Yamer
4 FTS

for the power ranking you just take out mike

1 PC
2 Rafa
3 FTS

problem solved without excluding mike and i from your biweeklies

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to sound like an *** but....
You already are one. lol! You you just don't want to be another two spots lower on the power rankings. You know, other power rankings are based on who goes to the tournaments, not only those who lives in the state. An example if someone from WA went to norcal to biweeklies he would be in the rankings.

Gojira

Smash Lord
You already are one. lol! You you just don't want to be another two spots lower on the power rankings. You know, other power rankings are based on who goes to the tournaments, not only those who lives in the state. An example if someone from WA went to norcal to biweeklies he would be in the rankings.
Yeah im doing this to affect how I a Bowser player would rank on the power rankings for utah..

I Just dont want any OOSers for thsi tourney. Even if your a pro BUYING a ticket to come out, I dont want it. This is the only planned tourney that this will happen.

There will be more 5 dollar tourneys coming, just wait for one of those.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you man up and just learn to deal with the fact people are better than you? You have no reasoning other than "just because".

Gojira

Smash Lord
Why don't you man up and just learn to deal with the fact people are better than you? You have no reasoning other than "just because".
lmao, there are alot of people better then me, and alot of people better then you. After you making an insult like this, I dont think I want to see you at a utah tourney ever again.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Back to the subject why dont you want OOS players to go to this tournament it seems like the point is to get Utah better for your big tournament and mike and i would just be more people for you and the rest of Utah to practice with.

If its because of the power ranking i already told you how to fix that so could you maybe give an explanation why you dont want OOS players to go.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Oy, enough.

The bi-weeklies, it seems to me, are more simply held within the state of Utah, and, being so often, are more for those who are residing within Utah. It does not mean, however, that people outside of the state may not participate. Having other people participate gives us a new look as to how characters are handled, and how we are to counter that situation when given to us.

Simply put: Held within Utah, but open for everyone.

The tournaments that we hold should not be for competitive reasons, but for get together type reasoning, no? Save the hardcore attitude for when you're competing in something more of a national level ^^

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I agree with this guy thats what the biweeklies should be, open to everyone, but because this one is being held at FTS's house i think we should let him decide if this is for anyone can enter or if its just going to be a Utah thing.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Biweeklies are open to everyone, just not the starting biweekly. I want to have utah only people to see what happens. After then all OOsers are more then welcome to come to our biweeklies.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Biweeklies are open to everyone, just not the starting biweekly. I want to have utah only people to see what happens. After then all OOsers are more then welcome to come to our biweeklies.
As far as I'm concerned, FTS holds the final judgement call. You are only co-hosting this particular biweekly, not running the whole thing.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So let him tell us because this just doesn't seem like something that FTS would agree to

And whats the rest of Utahs opinion on this they might want OOS people to be able to go

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
OOS smashers aren't banned from coming to these biweeklies. However, they ARE aimed at Utah smashers, hence the $2 entry. It's for gaining new smashers who wouldn't otherwise come. We need them. Any OOS who happen to be visiting Utah relatives or something like that are welcome to come. The prize money isn't meant to pay for 4+ hours of gas money. Gojira only said OOS shouldn't come to the first one only. I don't see how there is so much fuss over not being able to come to a single biweekly. Seriously, why not save your gas money for coming to Ultimate Destiny 2 instead of whining about not having enough money? I prolly won't be able to provide housing until the big tournament either.

Btw, the post count in the Utah Thread is going up so fast now. Thanks guys ^_^

Gojira

Smash Lord
I dont want mike comming to this tourney because of his rude and not needed comment. It was an un called for comment that mike should have not done and all of utah is behind me. Ryan, your more then welcome to come. Mike needs to think before he says disrespectful things to people.

Top Bottom