• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Gojira, quit picking on people for money...you're such a bully. LOL :laugh:

So is there going to be an official USTX? The only possible weekend that it should be held during is next weekend, as there are tournies during the last two weekends. And considering how there hasn't been any news yet, it'll be hard to set up a good tourny and advertise well in just one week.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Back from Missouri.

Anyway, there was an earlier discussion about a possible halloween Smashfest, and more recent discussion on integrating that with the Neumont tournament (crews and teams the Saturday after). Has this been dropped, or do we still have plans along those lines.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
We still planned on doing that, but we need to work out how, where, etc. With a lot of cubes and good hosting we might be able to squeeze singles and teams both into Friday (with any leftover finishing up at my house like last time) then have a Halloween smashfest on Saturday.

The "good hosting" part is already assured , btw ;) We just need some more cubes, maybe some TVs, or being able to use more classrooms for their projectors.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, how many people here are planning on going to the tourney at Anime Banzai? If there's going to be a huge turnout of people that know how to play then I might go just to do friendlies or maybe MM (kept secret from the gaming head of course) before/after the tournament if they even have enough cubes.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, how many people here are planning on going to the tourney at Anime Banzai? If there's going to be a huge turnout of people that know how to play then I might go just to do friendlies or maybe MM (kept secret from the gaming head of course) before/after the tournament if they even have enough cubes.
its pretty big

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah been usin him from the start. So are there any good players who just like to play that live anywhere near Taylorsville?
i use samus and i live in west valley. i usually play saturday and friday around 4-8pm with a few people. so tell me when you want to play. theres a few samus players, matter fact, there was around 5 samus players at ust9.

hey, i was thinking about going to the big AZ tournament. maybe something to think about later.

good job to FTS for winning the game crazy tournament...even though i didn't want you to win :) i guess i'll see you at the final tounament.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hmmm...so, FST, you're playing in Game Crazy tournies now, eh? What did you get for winning and did you have to join a membership or something to compete?
And Buzz, what do you mean "we" have to do a Utah vs. Colorado Crew Battle?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

And Buzz, what do you mean "we" have to do a Utah vs. Colorado Crew Battle?
Idaho is definitely going to be incapable of sending a whole crew to Colorado. I lived in Utah long enough and participated once in a simplified Utah vs Colorado crew battle. This is my chance for revenge. I'm sure it is okay if I act as an honorary Utah smasher in a crew battle... unless Utah really really doesn't want me to participate... :(

Gojira

Smash Lord
Ustx

this tourney is going to be hosted by me and me only for a number of reasons. the date for USX is set for November 25th and will feature the final decided rules we will be using. I will try to have some thanksgiving themed food at the tourney as a bonus. More will come when the official topic is posted for this.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm going to be up in Kaysville next weekend... so my brother in law can pull my wisdom teeth out...

Anyway, if anyone wants to friendly me-- which is like, really fun for you because I suck-- tell me!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
BattleChrist, how'd you make it down there without Yamer? XD

C!Z

Smash Lord
Hmm That's cool wish it wasn't Friday or Saturday though... Friday I usually try and play With PC and Saturday I have other things goin on. Anybody play on Sundays or are all of you Church Goers?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
OKAY! I'm going up north to Salt Lake this weekend to get my Wisdom teeth out... so we need to have a smashfest-- and you guys can all make fun of me.

And I'll be terrible due to the amounts of medications within me.

But it'll still be fun.

SATURDAY. AT FTS'S HOUSE. xD Or somewhere else, I just like voulenteering random people. >>

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Where does he live? Anything is good-- I just want to have fun after such crappy surgery.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Talking about Zack, how is the tape?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm guessing since it hasn't been mentioned on here that no one knows about it/ cares enough to talk about it yet. There's a new game store franchise in Utah called Play N Trade that hosts tournaments twice a month. Granted they don't have any new smash tournaments scheduled at the moment, but the owner was telling me that he's planning on starting a "Utah Gamer's League" next year, with hopes to get MLG scouts to attend a yearly tournament at the Salt Palace. Tournaments are free to enter, as far as I know, and most ppl there are noobs.

Just thought I'd put this out here.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hey, should we create a panel for a combined Idaho/Utah power rankings thread (since smashers are so scarce up here)?

My suggested panel: FoxTheStampede/Gojira & Buzz/Yameritzu

laozy

Smash Journeyman
thats a good idea buzz. what is the ranking going to be based on? i cant make it to every idaho tournament and i doubt idaho can do the same.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think we have enough knowledge about both Utah and Idaho players that a power ranking list could be formed. Granted, it'll be updated as we participate in newer tournaments, but I think we could discuss it based on tournaments we've all participated in.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I think we have enough knowledge about both Utah and Idaho players that a power ranking list could be formed. Granted, it'll be updated as we participate in newer tournaments, but I think we could discuss it based on tournaments we've all participated in.
Our power rankings is almost done buzz. Idaho doesn not come to every Utah tournament therfore you guys would fall behind in the rankings. Mixing ID with Utah would be bad do to the fact that you guys dont come to every utah tournament.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Our power rankings is almost done buzz. Idaho doesn not come to every Utah tournament therfore you guys would fall behind in the rankings. Mixing ID with Utah would be bad do to the fact that you guys dont come to every utah tournament.
And you guys don't come to Idaho tournaments... So, it'd still work, silly...

Top Bottom