• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hey Gojira, nealdt gave me your camera. So, I'll give it to you the next time I see you.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
UT is now going for sure to a tournament in New Mexico this weekend (Sep 23rd). If you want to go and if you can contribute to the gas money then contact me ASAP.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
nealdt and I fought CAOTIC & Arash's team in the first round. :(

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yo....I'm an old player who use to play and has been reintroduced by Perfect Chaos. Pretty rusty and still learnin some new things but I'll be up and comin.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Not sure if you're askin what character or who I play with haha Assuming Character and I use Samus. Yeah I'd like to play with anybody actually preferrable people who are better than me so I get better.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Not sure if you're askin what character or who I play with haha Assuming Character and I use Samus. Yeah I'd like to play with anybody actually preferrable people who are better than me so I get better.
YAY....another......samus.........we should be come state of samus players.

I rank among one of the best, but use Bowser DK....so...i can slightly help.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah been usin him from the start. So are there any good players who just like to play that live anywhere near Taylorsville?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Curse you all. I think it's time to declare Southern Utah as a state of its own.

Because NO one lives there... but me. :(

If I were to somehow host a smash tournament down here in Sunny St. G, would any of y'all come? We should make UST10 through 1 in St. George. ... WARM WINTERS. THINK ABOUT IT.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, whatever anyone decides to do, do not host UST:X on October 21. There will be a semi-smash-tourny (um..."UST:X-2"?) on that day. I'll tell you what I mean by that, probably within the next week or two.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That's why I said UST:X-2 (kind of like UST10.5). I'm giving the player hosted tournament priority on the main tournament. I just like going to the convention just because there's a HUGE turnout, so you can get to play a lot of new and different people. People that aren't as competitive should like this more than the actual USTs.
Game Crazy will actually bring there GameCube and memory cards this time, so I'm guessing that all 26 characters will be allowed this time. Also, they will probably do Final Destination for all battles (this is what they do on their in-store tournies and they also tried to do this last year but couldn't because of no memory card). Items will probably be used again, though. Remember though, this is just my educated guess, so don't bash on me if it isn't correct.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
That's why I said UST:X-2 (kind of like UST10.5). I'm giving the player hosted tournament priority on the main tournament. I just like going to the convention just because there's a HUGE turnout, so you can get to play a lot of new and different people. People that aren't as competitive should like this more than the actual USTs.
Game Crazy will actually bring there GameCube and memory cards this time, so I'm guessing that all 26 characters will be allowed this time. Also, they will probably do Final Destination for all battles (this is what they do on their in-store tournies and they also tried to do this last year but couldn't because of no memory card). Items will probably be used again, though. Remember though, this is just my educated guess, so don't bash on me if it isn't correct.
I heard that they're doing 4 way ffa matches only. Does anyone know if that's the case or not?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Curse you all. I think it's time to declare Southern Utah as a state of its own.

Because NO one lives there... but me. :(

If I were to somehow host a smash tournament down here in Sunny St. G, would any of y'all come? We should make UST10 through 1 in St. George. ... WARM WINTERS. THINK ABOUT IT.
I might be making my way into southern Utah in the next couple months. If I do, I'll see if we can smash at all. :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Gojira did u upload the vids yet? Just wondering.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah, AnimeBanzai won't be good by a competitive standard, but still a ton of fun. It's 4-way FFA, random stage, stock (probably 3), single elimination, and all characters unlocked this time around. They won't let you bring your own controller this time though, I'm betting these ones are going to be BEAT, *sigh*. It will be way better than last years for sure.

And PC, the gaming head was saying she wanted to ban you the whole time for rude behavior, and a few of the people on their forums were talking about all the rude people at it? WTF? I had a hell of a time, and everyone was giving handshakes and everything, must have just been on the right TV I guess. The gaming head also said "this is an offical tourament ran by and offical business," and well, I LoL-ed!!

::EDIT::

I also think we sould hit up Game Crazy and see if there are any sponcership options avalible there. A decient venue alone would make it worth the effort and we'd be giving them some pretty good advertising.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Yeah been usin him from the start. So are there any good players who just like to play that live anywhere near Taylorsville?
Draper for me, not too far.
I'm currently one of the numerous Samus mains in Utah, though I'm in the process of switching to Pika (I play Pika a lot more now, but my samus is still stronger). I'm gone right now, but I'll be back in state around October 8ish.

As for whether I'd come to a Southern Utah tournament, that depends on my schedule, my homework load, and the size of our carpool. You could try advertising at any nearby colleges, and even see if some game stores would let you put up a flyer. There are a lot of semi-competitive smashers who would go to a tournament, and some of them, at least, would be interested in mastering the game once they better understood the depth. A semi-competitive smasher is how I classified myself before my first tournament (April this year).

Also, forum websites tend to have a lot of lurkers, and there's a good chance that there are a couple Southern utah smashers who just won't register. I'd say, post a tournament (with lots of advance notice, so more lurkers spot it), advertise it anywhere you can, and see what happens. Worst case scenario: you waste a couple hours.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...And PC, the gaming head was saying she wanted to ban you the whole time for rude behavior...
She was just pissed that I kept bugging her about me lending my memory card so everyone can play with the unlocked stuff during casual play. That was pretty much it. I finally stopped bugging her once she threatened to not allow me to enter the tourny, though. :ohwell: But after the tourny, she couldn't do much to me anymore, so I loaded the memory card in a couple of the Cubes. LOL Many people appreciated that, and with that, her decision to not allow memory cards in casual seem even worst. I guess they didn't want people to lend stuff, and complain when it gets stolen (she must not know that you can load the data, then take out the memory card).

BTW, how do you know that it's going to be a 4-Way FFA? Did you e-mail them or something?

lengeta

Smash Ace
The Anime Banzai gaming head has released some of the Smash tornies rules in their forum, here's a link.

me. (gaming head) said:
4 on 4. Single elimination. Yes unlocked. No don't bring your own stuff
me. (gaming head) said:
NO pre-event
Yes it is 4 on 4 single elimination. By stock.
...and this gaming head's a betch.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Tournament's are cheap, you'd spend more going to a moive, plus this lasts longer, and you can just come for friendlies if you want.

Top Bottom