• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
PC, Buzz is going too, and he plays Melee, and most people who play Brawl here play Melee as well, just were not as good at it, so its not like there wont be Melee or people to play against if people wanna play.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
alright well I'm gunna walk to j wong's now. I'm bringing my controllr because i wanna play so bad I'm gunna prepare for it even tho nothing is planned
217 370 6174
PC i see you eyeballin' the thread lets play today i need to scope out the skill level here

i'll go anywhere that is train/bus accessable provided you can give me directions since I won't have a pc with me

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
PC you act as if I don't know how to play melee. Lol. It is true that I play more brawl but I hold my own in melee against pretty much anyone here.

Also, ZZ I was planning on having it at my apt. I seriously doubt we'd ever get enough to actually use all four TV's but even then it could work, it would just be a little cramped with that many.

Any of you old smashers remember the smash fest we had in our dorm (the tiny room/2 bed/2desk only one) back in the day? We had 16 people with three set ups. It was nuts but it was a super fun time.

:phone:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'll need details. I don't know anything about anyone in Utah right now. XD

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, just popping in to let you know the next Sandycade lock-in is going to be March 8th-9th (officially starts at 1 AM of the 9th, to be exact). It will probably follow the same format as the previous one, in which it's $10 for the entry fee. I will not personally be running a smash tournament, but if someone would like to, they're more then welcome to.

When more details get released about it, I'll let y'all know.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Summerhays apts #10 (third floor)
620 n 100 w
Provo UT

Wang says people should come over as early as 10:30 or so cause UT sucks at showing up to anything on time and everyone will get here by noon. People can come as early as they want.

I dunno if you remember me Buzz, but we did play each other in a melee tourney clear back in the day lol.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yeah, my experience so far is that people show up roughly 3 hours after the recommended starting time.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
PC, Buzz is going too, and he plays Melee, and most people who play Brawl here play Melee as well, just were not as good at it, so its not like there wont be Melee or people to play against if people wanna play.
I never said that there won't be any Melee there. It's just from past experiences with Smashfest at Kenny's that it's primarily Brawl-oriented, which might not make the hour-long (one-way) trip worth it for a Melee-only player such as MeatIsMURDER. It's not like I'm telling him not to go; I'm just giving him a warning so that he's more aware of the situation before it's too late for him.

PC you act as if I don't know how to play melee. Lol.
Kenny, you act as if I said that you didn't know how to play melee. LOL
When it boils down to it, you would prefer to play Brawl over Melee, so that's what I was saying. So even if you'll be willing to play Melee with him, you'll still probably play Brawl the majority of the time, leaving one less player for MeatIsMURDER to play for the most of it.

@MeatIsMURDER: If the "Mexis" are coming, then that probably includes X, another top-3 Melee player in Utah (and 1st in Brawl, but you probably don't care about that). From what I've heard from Devon/deathkingsuarez and others you've played already, I think you're about as good as Lada (X's brother, and also classified under "Mexis"), who's around top-5 level.
Also, I left for classes right after I posted that last post of mine, so my name probably stayed on the active list for a bit after that. And I'm not the type of person that likes to Smash at the spur-of-the-moment, so I would not likely agree to Smash when someone goes "I feel like Smashing right now! Who's up for it?" and need like a day's advanced notice at least.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Fuming

Dude, Utah sucks balls at Melee, my Yoshi is like top 5 level.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116

@MeatIsMURDER: If the "Mexis" are coming, then that probably includes X, another top-3 Melee player in Utah (and 1st in Brawl, but you probably don't care about that). From what I've heard from Devon/deathkingsuarez and others you've played already, I think you're about as good as Lada (X's brother, and also classified under "Mexis"), who's around top-5 level.
I Take it Back i think he's a little better than Kev

Fuming
Dude, Utah sucks balls at Melee, my Yoshi is like top 5 level.
HAHAHA
my sides

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
i had such a **** eating grin on my face walking through the snow earlier today
i'm so overwhelmed by smiles walking around seeing so many people everywhere
but i couldn't help but feel like i was takin' a money shot from mother earth with the snow all over my face/glasses

we're playing tonight bring your a game fellas cuz i'm bringing the pain
edit--apparently we're playing tomorrow at "kenny's" place.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i like the idea buzz but what are you trying to ultimately accomplish?
if you're trying to convert brawl players to melee
ill tell you thats not happening
and your fests seem so anti brawl that i was the one who had to finally bust it out in order to play it
all i see is your fests having less and less people until its probably just you and PC
don't get me wrong i love melee
but brawl is the only one im competitive in

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i like the idea buzz but what are you trying to ultimately accomplish?
if you're trying to convert brawl players to melee
ill tell you thats not happening
and your fests seem so anti brawl that i was the one who had to finally bust it out in order to play it
all i see is your fests having less and less people until its probably just you and PC
don't get me wrong i love melee
but brawl is the only one im competitive in
:unknowngender:

btw Devon is just mad.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I do prefer Melee, but I am not opposed to playing Brawl. Plus, Project M always seems to find its way onto the TVs. Who else plays Brawl?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
ya im mad that you suck so bad at each game
i get worse playing you
my auto pilot > you

Edit: Man that needs a resizing. Done

Anyone want to do blazblue saltfest? (google it) we have 3 and need 8 to get a tourney going. Oh. And I'm coming back to Utah. Tawr
lol I'd enter, but I haven't touched the game in forever. I'd have to relearn how to play neutral and my BnB's.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to do blazblue saltfest? (google it) we have 3 and need 8 to get a tourney going. Oh. And I'm coming back to Utah. Tawr
This goes for any side tournament that any of you would like to have. We need at least 8 people interested or it's not worth the time to do it. You should all know by now that we don't discriminate any games so if you find the people, we'll support it. This rule also applies to the monthlies we run as well.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
melee players goin to kenny's tomorrow, I would like to carpool, but my dota team is practicing 9a-4p so i don't think i'll be able to come unless we're playing late

plus we might have to play our tourny match vs EG so that may or may not be during that time, could happen at 4 so we play even later

also the melee vs brawl **** needs to stop, nothing positive ever comes from it
i was a huge brawl hater when it first came out and it took ~1 month to realize that no matter how much i insulted brawl players they wouldn't give up their love for their game

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What time are you planning on ending this Kenny? Cuz Im probably not going to be able to leave until around 12 or 1, so I might not get there until around 2. I wanna make sure Ill be there long enough to make it worth the gas.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Crap, I woke up sick. I won't be able to make it. I'll shoot for the next one. T_T

If I start to feel better, I'll try to mosey on over there.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I was thinking it would probably go till like 7 or so. Maybe later if people really want to. But 7 hours of smash is already a lot lol

I See

Smash Apprentice
All these posts and All Isee is a mad Sephiroth

And I'll be at the feat just to get some sleep

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This goes for any side tournament that any of you would like to have. We need at least 8 people interested or it's not worth the time to do it. You should all know by now that we don't discriminate any games so if you find the people, we'll support it. This rule also applies to the monthlies we run as well.
In light of this, I will TOTALLY run a Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League tournament. Anyone else down? :p

Top Bottom